Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: home confinement

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: home confinement

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Moss View Post
    #108 I hope you kept your receipts LOL

Always keep receipts for awhile, may need a replacement, new for old ?

LOL. Keith.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I bought a slow cooker online a couple of weeks ago I've only used it to do a gammon joint so far but it is very easy to use and does
    a cracking job, I was thinking of some meals I enjoyed in the MN tat I might be able to try with the slow cooker, I really fancy trying
    a chicken casserole but might be awkward getting the ingredients online , also might have a go at a beef stew and dumplings, my
    mouth waters thinking of some of the food mum used to cook recipes probably went back to her Grandmother's day, some fond
    memories of coming back from the pub on a Sunday for a really thick cut pork chop with kidney in it and the crackling done to perfection,
    sage and onion, crunchy roast tater's and greens, and on the little black & white telly was the western "Bonanza", Lovely Grub so different from
    today's fancy cooking, probably just me but but I do like the old fashioned home cooking,. cheers
    Last edited by John F Collier; 29th April 2020 at 07:43 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#119 Most places even Scotland the pubs were closed on Sundays. The only way to get a drink was to book into a hotel , as the law said if you had travelled so many miles and were staying in and establishment it was legal, or words to that effect. Must have been good for the Scottish Tourist Industry but a bit expensive for poor sailormen. Ma Gleasons in Auckland was much cheaper sign the register for 5 bob and sit and drink away the hours all night. 1800 hrs closing when you think back was an abortion of a rule, no doubt the Church had a lot of say for it remaining in force for so long. Don’t think they have much say today on rule making. It’s gone from the sublime to the ridiculous during our lifetime. Cheers Queers and Ginger Beers . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 30th April 2020 at 01:41 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Victoria, when we first arrive here in Oz some 40 odd years ago we both gained employment with Myer.

I was food services manager with a suburban one and my wife gained employment as secretary to the furniture sales department.

Things were very different then, all goods had a certificate of length of life.
    One guy had bought a bed with a five year life span on it.
    One week prior to the expiry of the warranty a guy claimed the bed was faulty, Myer gave him anew one.

But Melbourne cup day was better, the ladies would come in on the Monday and but a new outfit, wear it to the cup on Tuesday then take it back to Myer Wednesday and get a refund.

That has topped now, they finally got sense.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Pruden View Post
    john be careful with thees masks on you don't know what you may find underneath could be an old granny or a bugis street special? jp
    not much of a choice there jp, but on balance I might go for the 'BugisStreet' special. I already live with an old granny.
    Gilly.
    R635733

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Moss View Post
    #121 Keith would you really need new for old, think about it. Would you be able to keep up?

Apart from when I was younger only ever dated younger girls / women. Obviously when I was younger it was not done. It did present a few problems, in Spain a couple asked my then girlfriend if she and her dad were enjoying Barcelona, another partner years later, when she met my very much younger sister after chatting both realised they were both born in the same year. Hence, yes swopping for younger models does have it's draw backs. Keeping up? that would be telling.

K.

7. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

re crib. My claim to fame I won the singles crib tournament aboard the Capetown Castle August 1962. Came second in the doubles. play a lot live online with worldwide players. No gaming, purely for the sport. Never yet achieved a 29 hand.
    gilly.
    R635733

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here in Oz PM has declared that restrictions will begin to ease from next week.
    Good news as Sunday May 10 is mothers day here so there will be no restrictions on visiting.

But Dan the Dictator our state Premier here in Victoria says state lock down will not end until May 11.
    What a total A****hole he is, most though wil hear the PM and take very little notice of him.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Likes Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Victoria, on the first Monday of our lock down I cleaned out my shed.
    The second Monday I put everything back where it should be.
    The second Monday I put a lock on the shed door just ibn case I got any more mad ideas.

Bunnings, the meeting center of the town, spent so much time there thinking of buying one of their tents to live in the car park.

But yesterday some of the big shopping ,malls opened up fully, more on Monday might unlock the shed.
    All never fully closed with a few shops such as the Reject Shop and a few others always open.

We are allowed to go out for shopping so do a bit each day, wife went to her hairdressers Wednesday some 30 KLm away, but they are open a0nd you are allowed to go to them.

Biggest problem through all of this has been the different explanation of what is allowed, all the radio talk back have a different version of the rules, very confusing.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

12. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you like Gangster films there is a cracker on tonight, "The Untouchables" the forming of the FBI in the days of Prohibition, Robert De Niro
    is Al Capone, Kevin Costner is Elliot Ness and Sean Connery is a Cop, it's a great film and worth a watch, Ch 24 at 21:00 , cheers.
    Last edited by John F Collier; 2nd May 2020 at 07:15 PM.

14. Thanks Tony Taylor, Chris Allman, John Gill thanked for this post
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast