Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: UK - Three Week Lockdown

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: UK - Three Week Lockdown

Well we've been in lockdown for a few months now and normality is a distant memory, thre's always something to do in the garden and
    my greenhouse ise is home to a variety of potted plants which should look pretty impressive when they come into flower, being an ozone
    junkie I have really missed my walks along the seafront but maybe that will start again soon, I live in a quiet spot away from the pubs and
    amusements so mainly it's only the local residents and families that come here for the sea and sand so all very normal and peaceful, also I've
    missed going to the local, which is a lovely old timber beamed building, going there with my son for a meal and a few pints was always a joy,
    but don't think we will rush into that for a while what with all the new rules. On channel 81 today was a short film titled Sunday at Southend 1959,
    for me it was a pure joy to watch, a real walk down memory lane with everyone having the time of their lives, with the Kursaal in full swing and
    the whole place heaving with day trippers, I've posted before that we were anchored off Southend for six weeks in August 58 when the London
    docks on strike, not a bad place to be in the summertime, cheers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

now so far this week two letters saying i will be getting a phone call today two letters what is going on why not ring me they have the number and i am and have been in lock down for months so i am no going anywhere what ever hapend to common sense so i will know the plan today? jp

3. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well here in Oz we are inn a state of total confusion.
    Some state have closed their borders, the Northern Territory is carrying on as though nothing happened.
    Queensland ,Western Oz, South Oz and NSW do not want any one from Victoria to go there.

Things were looking good here in Melbourne, the hair dressers never closed, restrictions were being lifted, shops opening though many never closed.
    We were set for further lifting last Monday, up to 50 ion one place, pubs to open along with restaurants and cinemas along with gyms and a few other places.

Then the figures went a bit off here in Melbourne, 8 days of double digit cases of the virus. All back to square one again almost.
    Only 20 in a restaurant or cinema, social distancing toughend up again.

All because after the festival of Ead a number got together for celebrations spreading it around, all in just 10 suburbs around the city.

So now Victoria is being treated like some sort of plague by the others.

But must admit the figures from gov are bad, with a population of just over 6.6 million we now have some 200 active cases and 20 died.

All this because the way returning travelers have been not cared for in the correct way. Locked in hotel for 14 days but staff not adhering to the rules.

But today we went to the movies, 20 at a time allowed in though there were on 7 in there, got to a restaurant last week and will go again on Saturday.
    Apart from that life goes on as normal.

Quite amazing when you think of it, 1919 50 million out of some 2.1 billion fell off the perch. This one from 7.9 billion just under half a million have fallen off.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

As the thread commenced a few months ago it is no longer
    an UK - Three Week Lockdown, virtually all four countries
    are deciding for themselves and most not listening to much
    to the PM whom seems reckless on opening up England to
    soon.

Rather in Wales we do not risk another wave as only time will
    tell on what ever is going on over our border. Fingers crossed.

Keith.

7. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Latest today from WHO is that they say a vaccine will be available in less than a year.
    But if what the oxford Uni tells, they are also very involved, there could be one as soon as October.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

9. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Sadly some believed this would be no worse than flue.

K.

11. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Victoria.
    Something about this testing is a bit misleading, for example you get tested and found to be free of it, so, you go to a supermarket, or whatever, and someone there that you don't know has the virus, you catch it off them, the test doesn't stop you getting it, most would believe that they are safe as they have been tested, but they are not !!!!
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sanitizer and social distancing, sounds like a square dance of old.

Apparently the number who have had the Virus, got over it, and never knew they had it is rising.
    Speaking with a friend in USA deep south he tells me the number of these is in the thousands.

There was a bit hidden on the Net yesterday where the Chinese claim they have found a Vacine that will work and are now trying it on 'volunteers'.
    Of course in China that word has a very different meaning.

As to the local lock down, all comes about by an admission today by our less then glorious premier that they got it wrong about the hotel quarantine.

The guards on the doors went home as did the staff who were caring for the people in quarantine in the hotels.
    Apparently in NSW they used the Army qualified persons to do the task and staff had to stay in the hotels.

But this partial lock down of some suburbs has whiskers on it and many doubt it will make much difference.
    The only big difference for most Victorians is that we are now prisoners in our own state.
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 1st July 2020 at 06:39 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Personally, not certain if the virus topic is open house now
    hence, will not say to much for now.

K.

15. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I will request that the Topic not become too involved again such as the last Thread which was deleted!

As was said then i think there is quite enough on the Media covering all this , and no one still really knows what the heck is happening!

Thank You
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

17. Thanks Red Lead Ted thanked for this post
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast