Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: UK - Three Week Lockdown

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: UK - Three Week Lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Whatmore View Post
    Ref- UK 3 Week lockdown. The Gov will make a fortune from fines for people talking in the streets, From Women I would like to add.
    You don't seem to see too much of that today, everyone seems to be in a hurry, but in the post war years every corner seemed to be a
    meeting place for the oldies to have a gossip, people were more social in those days I think, cheers.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Reported here is that experts advising the Government on the coronavirus pandemic
    from the Imperial College of London say that the peak may come sooner than expected
    if people keep following the lockdown rules.

This does not mean it is over but at it's peak, still good news.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As regards shutdowns and shortages of stocks after such a short period of time. Real shortages most on here lived with from 1939 to 1952. That’s 13 years, 13 weeks haven’t even been met yet. There will be a lot more problems yet to come. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 26th March 2020 at 10:25 AM.

4. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think with regard to lockdowns, it will be some time before we can be reintroduced to the open, we will have no immunity it seems, although the people who have had it and recovered will have a degree of immunity. I am one who suffers from Asthma, and the guidelines for me is 12 weeks, which i will abide by.
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    I think with regard to lockdowns, it will be some time before we can be reintroduced to the open, we will have no immunity it seems, although the people who have had it and recovered will have a degree of immunity. I am one who suffers from Asthma, and the guidelines for me is 12 weeks, which i will abide by.
    Personally think the wise thing to do is follow the rules, they are made by people that know a lot more about this than we do. I agree with your
    way of thinking about the immunity Keith because we developed our natural defences as kids playing in the streets, we must have been in
    contact with all sorts of germs but it didn't seem to do us any harm, I also think that to be continually washing your hands, although necessary
    in the present situation could weaken your immunity system, I've always washed my hands after the toilet and before eating but thi new regime
    could be detrimental in the long run, I remember having to work at a sewage farm when I was at BT, I saw the best looking tomatoes growing
    there in mounds of treated dooda, the blokes who worked there were sitting on a bench eating their sarnies along with said tomatoes, they all
    looked a picture of health with ruddy cheeks etc, all of the time I was there I had my stomach in my mouth , the stink was gut wrenching. cheers

7. Thanks N/A, j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

North Wales police report of a family of five who’d travelled from Merseyside to Llanfairfechan for a day at the seaside, they had to advise them this was not essential travel and to go home.

Gatherings with more than two people in public, excluding people you live with, have been banned.
    Police have been given powers to fine people up to £30.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John in the window, you make a very good point there, we were out in all the muck and dirt as kids.
    Today every thing is so pristine little wonder they have very weak immunity to so many basic ailments.
    Even the common cold now has them in a disaster zone.

Today our PM praised the nation for the efforts we are making.
    Highest rate of testing global and our numbers of convicted is now in decline.
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 27th March 2020 at 04:55 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Thanks j.sabourn, John F Collier thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#47. John if you remember and were in Japan in earlier times , all human excrement was used as fertiliser on plants and vegetables. Never heard of any side effects. The sewers in the poorer areas were open sewers . Yet the Japanese inside their homes were meticulous as regards cleanliness. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose. Remember that song Everyone’s doing it picking their nose and chewing it.? As kids and was unfortunate enough to have a bath in the house , you had to have one once a week whether you needed it or not. If you ever did that tour round Shakespeare country were told they got a bath once a year and were coated with goose fat and resewed into their clothes. Probably when they got bathed was when they caught their colds. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 27th March 2020 at 05:22 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, yes in Japan now cleanliness is perfect, but not always like that.

As a young lad going to Sunderland to see great grandfather I did not realize at the time but they had an en suite.
    Well a big tin bath hanging on a nail outside the back door and Friday night brought in and put in front of the fire.

Times may have been tough then but we survived and by going to sea became the self sufficient people we are today.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

13. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

john'50 back in those days if you had a rabbit or any meat you were lucky we go on about vegy diet vegan diet {whatever that is} supposed to be super healthy yehh if you lived passed 30 you where an old man cant be that good for you? jp

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast