Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: UK - Three Week Lockdown

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: UK - Three Week Lockdown

Yes, played most variations John, you were sat pretty with the right number to peg out, and then the turnover blew it again.
    My old dad had an incredible memory, you could put your hand on the table, and he knew instantly how many you had. it was heartbreaking after he had his stroke, and i would sit and play with him, but his brain would not deal with it, ky
    R689823

2. Thanks j.sabourn, Mike Hall thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#10 The bloke who wrote that song the pub with no beer maybe had an insight to the future. There will now be a rush to buy home brewing kits. Saw on the news tonight a picture of a bloke stealing toilet rolls from a store. If police can’t catch him doesn’t say much for their powers of detection. Wasn’t you was it, maybe not he had clothes on. Just been along the road to the bottle shop to get my VB big bottles, all ready for James Bond tonight in the Spy who loved me, have seen it about 6 times already over the years, can’t imagine him stealing toilet rolls. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 24th March 2020 at 11:58 AM.

4. Thanks Mike Hall thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just been on the phone to my sister, She is 88 years old and Blind, very independent, lives alone in Nottingham. Over 100 miles away,
    She is now running short of food etc. The CO-OP and Tesco will not deliver food anymore as there are too many wanting it.
    Age Concern , the Blind Association and the others will not deliver food.
    She went out at weekend to find a shop and was blown off her feet by a very strong wind, and a lady took her into her home for a cup of tea to recover.
    She was a Nursing Sister and Matron in the hospital for over 50 years. and no one to help as there are too many demands on services.
    She said she has enough food for two weeks. so it is not always good to be in Lockdown.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 24th March 2020 at 12:01 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

People like your sister Brian, are the salt of the earth and as said in an earlier post "A different breed altogether" she is a very strong lady indeed,
    in contrast, it's said that some of today's lot are moaning that they will be driven insane if they have to stay indoors, what a load of wusses .
    In Bristol last night two Iceland home food delivery vans were burnt out during a disturbance, can anyone tell me what makes these sick bastards tick?,
    in this short post there very different types of people are highlighted, sadly the best ones are in their twilight years, cheers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i court barb cheating on me after all these years thats the last time i.m playing snap with her? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John F Collier View Post
    People like your sister Brian, are the salt of the earth and as said in an earlier post "A different breed altogether" she is a very strong lady indeed,
    in contrast, it's said that some of today's lot are moaning that they will be driven insane if they have to stay indoors, what a load of wusses .
    In Bristol last night two Iceland home food delivery vans were burnt out during a disturbance, can anyone tell me what makes these sick bastards tick?,
    in this short post there very different types of people are highlighted, sadly the best ones are in their twilight years, cheers.
    On a similar vein, I read online that six ambulances on the South Coast had been put out of action for a period of time. Some gutless moron had drilled holes in the vehicle tyres.
    Vic

9. Likes John F Collier liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi all - well I mowed my grass today - or correction, I mowed the moss. Fortunately I have a small scarifier which I will have to dig out and get rid of the moss. I could have made a fortune selling it to all the florists but they are all closed. Anyway another job to pass the time away. Glad I have a garden but it is still a bit cold for weeding etc, at least with the mowing you are on the move.

I cant really imagine Aus without the ' amber nectar ' now that is really suffering. I can't get a slot for Home Delivery of food, so much for the Supermarkets looking after the elderly. They have given times for the Elderly to go but we are in isolation so we cannot go without risking getting the Virus - choice then - shop and get the virus or starve !!!!! will let you know the outcome of that problem.

Got in a bit of a panic yesterday TV remote showing signs of the battery failing - suddenly realised I did not have any AAA batteries for it - anyway thank goodness for Amazon next day delivery, some arriving today, I hope. So just a thought for you all to check if you have enough batteries just in case - my mouse also takes AAA's so I will have spares for that too. Its amazing the things in your home that have batteries in - clocks - radios - remotes - door bells - torches - loads of things with AA's, AAA's and you don't realise that you have run out until you need one

Ah well another day nearer all this ending, I hope and then we can get back to normal - I see that the Chinese are lifting all the lock down in Wuhan on 8th April so there is life after Coronavirus. If it follows the same pattern with us we are probably looking at about three months or so for the UK to be clear of restrictions, lets hope its a lot sooner and that people do as they are told thus saving the senseless loss of thousands of lives.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Allman View Post
    Hi all - well I mowed my grass today - or correction, I mowed the moss. Fortunately I have a small scarifier which I will have to dig out and get rid of the moss. I could have made a fortune selling it to all the florists but they are all closed. Anyway another job to pass the time away. Glad I have a garden but it is still a bit cold for weeding etc, at least with the mowing you are on the move.

Ah well another day nearer all this ending, I hope and then we can get back to normal - I see that the Chinese are lifting all the lock down in Wuhan on 8th April so there is life after Coronavirus. If it follows the same pattern with us we are probably looking at about three months or so for the UK to be clear of restrictions, lets hope its a lot sooner and that people do as they are told thus saving the senseless loss of thousands of lives.
    Aye Chris, I have been there, so smart **** here buys a load of batteries to keep in stock, only problem is when the family found out they come to me instead of buying them; then when I want some, guess what, out of stock on that size.
    Cant win.
    Last edited by Chris Allman; 24th March 2020 at 05:02 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well if you think we have problems Chris, according to Sky news India has just ordered total lockdown of 1.3 Billion people, God knows how
    that's going to work, can you imagine social distancing with a population like they have and the conditions the poorer folk live in .
    I have just managed to get a delivery slot for Thursday, Sainsbury have been brilliant and have kept their word on what they will do for the
    customers they have identified as elderly and vulnerable, I have had an online shopping delivery pass with them for nine years since I quit
    driving and it seems they have data on me that qualifies me for their priority list, they emailed me this morning to say some slots were available,
    it doesn't mean I'll get all that I want but as things are, anything is welcome, it's only just started and is already getting bad for a lot of people. cheers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi John - just got a slot for ASDA however it will not let me checkout - phoned my bank and they said the fault was on Asda's site nothing to do with me or my bank. Guess what you cannot get to talk to anyone at ASDA so my slot is only reserved for a short time if I cannot checkout I lose the slot. What a wonderful world.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast