Thread: For malcontents only

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default For malcontents only

As I've mentioned, we sold our lovely home on the lake and boat and all the trimmings, and moved to an apartment for easy access to medical treatment for my wife.
    There's nothing wrong with the apartment, it's nice, living room and three bedrooms a master bedroom for us, one bedroom a den/office the other a rec. room that becomes a guest room when company comes.

The only fly in the ointment is the renters upstairs are noisy. The four year old son is hyper-active and runs up and down their apartment and stamps his feet, the mother and grandmother stomp up and down like an elephant and a rhino. This goes on from 7.30am till 10.30 pm, taking it in shifts.

I've gone to war!* When I blow my top I blast a radio with screaming jocks (D.Js) and country Western music from our guest bathroom with the door shut so it doesn't disturb us too much.*

They don't get up during the week before 7.30am, the mother to go to work, the other two to run or stomp, so I do them a favor and give them a wake up call with the radio at 6.00am..* This calms them down for a day and then it's back to the races.

We only moved 70 miles further north almost to the North Carolina border, but for all purposes it might as well be way up North.* The locals are not friendly. Down South (70 miles away) the locals were very friendly and heaps of Southern hospitality, up here they evert their eyes, no contact and hurry on when I made the mistake of invading their space with a "good morning" greetings or "Hey!"* They are confused and uncertain as to the correct response.

Had my wife not been sick I would have voted to move home...Out West.* I consider myself a Californian.* That's where I got my U.S. citizenship, and became an American by choice. But we visited a place called Sodona in the State of Arizona and I fell in love with it.* And I would have voted to put our stuff in storage, go out to Sodona and rent a furnished place for three months and see what the folks are really like and of course check-it-out and "West or Bust".

Any of you guys have a dream spot, that if circumstances were different, you'd bug out to?

Those of you happy as is, great!* However, this thread is for malcontents and dreamers only.* Yes, I could set a site record for the shortest response takers and shortest thread, visits etc.. So be it.

We've got five days of treatment this week so I will be in and out. * I may blink and find it's dead and gone.

In any case, cheers, Rodney

PS. I've posted a couple of Links that show Sodona, the environs and downtown.* If they don't work (as I copy and paste this post from* Gmail) just google pictures of Sodona, Arizona, downtown and scenic sights.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...area&FORM=IGRE

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...wn&FORM=RESTAB

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: For malcontents only

I have been to Sedona, AZ,
    A lovely place to sit by the river and watch the cliff face turn red in the setting sun.
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

when i first got married and joined the Fire Service i was allocated a Brigade house very cheap, in return for extra duties, ie on call off duty, by and large this was very good. In the 70s i was transferred to Lyndhurst in the New Forest, a lovely spot. however the house was semi detached, and my next door neighbour was also by boss at work, they loved parties, and every week end they had parties for friends, music going full taps until the small hours, and yelling and screaming etc, this culminated in me knocking on his door and telling him my thoughts, all in fluent matelot, not good.
    I swore that if ever i could afford a detached house, even a caravan, i would make my way out of the situation. As my wife is an Islander by birth, thats where we headed, and were lucky to buy a detached bungalow. There is no doubt about it, when you live next door to noisy neighbours you become so that it can make you ill So now very happy with where il I've, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I had a lovely detached 3 bed cottage and garage in a cul-de-sac here in Torquay, spent a lot of money on it as would be there for life, didn't quite work out like that as a lady developer purchased eight houses in our cul de sac and rented them out mainly to DHSS claimants. We managed to stay another three years, but the constant fights twixt them, police becoming semi-resident and having to knock on doors to get cars parked across my garage moved, we moved. Now live in a nice apartment block, 250 ft above sea level, atop a 1 in 4 hill, you do hear moans and groans, but you can bet your bottom dollar it ain't sex and partying.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Down the court from our place there is a large house.
    The previous owner loved to have Saturday nighty parties, nothing wrong with that but you could hear them a kilometer away.
    Fine in the summer months up to about 2300 hours, but then it gets a bit rough.
    Out Environmental laws forbid music at that level after 2200 hours, but he took no notice.

Unlike houses in UK the 'fuse box' holding all the circuit breakers for the house is situated in a box on the outside of the house.
    Before the 'Smart Meter' that was where the meter reader went to.

So this Saturday night my neighbor and I having had enough decided to take the law into our own hands.
    With him as look out I removed half the circuit breakers from the board and left them on the lawn while we did a runner.

He mover house a few months later, obviously no senses of humor.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    So this Saturday night my neighbor and I having had enough decided to take the law into our own hands.
    With him as look out I removed half the circuit breakers from the board and left them on the lawn while we did a runner.

Perhaps he'd never heard of break dancing!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Everybody happy as clams where they're at. Bummer, not a malcontent in the lot, still it's always lonely at the top.. Not even pictures of some other paradise.

Oh well! Cheers, Rodney

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Mills View Post
    Everybody happy as clams where they're at. Bummer, not a malcontent in the lot, still it's always lonely at the top.. Not even pictures of some other paradise.

Oh well! Cheers, Rodney
    Rodney,
    I’d be back in Scotland in a heartbeat if it wasn’t for the fact that my wife is American. I found that as I grew older that my values changed and continue to do so. However, having lived in Florida for some 30 odd years, I don’t know that my auld bones would make it through a Scottish winter. I rarely miss a trip home every year.
    Duke Drennan R809731