Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread: Coronavirus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Coronavirus

re post #229

Agree with you mate about the thread. Is it not in everyone's interest to hear how members are coping and if they are feeling down then at least they have an outlet to express themselves and help bolster their mental status especially while in isolation as could be the case. Does not mean that we agree with what they say or post but can give each and everyone a sense of contact with the outside world. At least they are facts and not swinging the lamp as quiet a few do on site LOL.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Latest thing here is to put a Teddy bear or other soft toy in your window so others if they are still walking around can spot them.
    Just something a bit lighter to do. Esp. with everyone spending more time at home thru this time.
    Apparently the kiddies are having a great time trying to spot them even from a car a bit like "I Spy".
    I don't have a soft toy so I though I might draw one on a piece of cardboard and post that on my window. Have to say it's getting me in now. Maybe you have something similar where you are... how many have you seen???

3. Thanks Keith at Tregenna thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sites such as this are important at times like this.
    Members need to see how the rest are coping and what is going on in their part of the globe.
    Media is no good for that as they use the figures etc to boost their sales and that is all.

But we must look on the bright side of life when chewing on lifes grissle.

Some of the major problems that will occur will be , loneliness for some of the elderly, increase in family violence and rates of depression.
    So if you can assist any one in such situations do what you can for them.

If you now an elderly person close by who is lonely try to contact them and give them some hope, likewise with those in depression or suffering from family violence.
    I understand that may be hard with the lock downs, but the phones still work as does the 'Skype' system.
    Do what you can, you never know when you may need help.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Likes Victoria Moss liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How one family here has got over the Dunny roll panic.
    Living in Dayleford,a bush town they gave up using dunny rolls several years ago when they found they came from China.
    They use a 'compostabnle' outside dunny and do not use paper.
    Instead they use a cloth which as you can see does the job.

The flannel is from a local op shop and has been going strong for five years.
    After each wipe, the cloth is put into a bucket beside the toilet with optional eucalyptus oil and every five days to a week, the family cloth takes a spin in a front loader washing machine at maximum heat.
    After being washed, the family cloth is dried on an outdoors clothes horse.
    It is just one in a series of changes the couple has made over the course of a decade, including giving up shopping at supermarkets, giving up their car, and turning off the gas at home in favour of a wood heater.
    "It's to save money; it's to save resources," Ms Ulman said.
    "We want to be intimately involved in our processes; everything we do we want to be intimately involved in."
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just looking at an e.mail from rellies in Oz,
    they sent a link to the same: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-...toria/12086142

K.
    "Our veterans did not forget about us .... Let's not forget about them." From Michael Levesque

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gentlemen it has been decided that in view of the, lets call it saddening , repetitious and frankly frightening items that are being posted, that this Thread will now be closed. The word Coronavirus will now be treated as was the B word ( Brexit ) with regard to Posts and Threads. The Good News Coronavirus Thread will remain - however as requested this Thread will be only open to GOOD NEWS posts, any doom and gloom posts will be deleted.

We are not burying our heads in the sand, we are trying to make this site a small haven of relaxation and pleasure and a complete alternative to the awful reality that we presently find ourselves in.

That is not to say that any member who requires help and advice etc with a problem they may be experiencing, cannot launch a Thread seeking the views, and help if possible of members. Quite the opposite. We are a brotherhood and will always try and help anyone, that has always been the case and will never alter.

Thank you for your continued help in this difficult time and I am sure our spirit will see us through it all. Good luck and all take care.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24