Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Mixed Matters and Thoughts

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Mixed Matters and Thoughts

Hi Terry.
    You know my views by now, I will never live in the UK again, to old to move, but it is still my Mother country. Even with a Tory Government I wish the people of Britain all the best for their future. Let us hope that Boris lives up to what he so tirelessly promoted during the election. I have no doubt Britain will be out of The EU sooner rather than later, which to me will be a good thing, I doubt it would have happened under Corbin, another in the mold of Tony Blair. And to all those who said the Pound would collapse, I see it has shot up. The next six months will be something to watch.
    Cheers Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Terry, like Des we will never come back, 40 years here has put an end to that.

But I think for the first time in many years there is a gov with a majority to get things done.
    From what I read of the opposition had they won UK would have been well and truly rooted.
    But as with all polis they question is how much of what they promise will happen.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

3. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lead Ted View Post
    Indeed Ivan, What makes you think I am castigating B,J, That's your interpretation of my post it wont be everyone's,
    Ted, it wasn't aimed at you, it was a generalisation, so apologies for not making myself clear.

Happy Christmas and Happy New year

P.S. I shall be away for ten days from Saturday with the grandchildren, so to everyone's relief there will be a period of silence.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    Ted, it wasn't aimed at you, it was a generalisation, so apologies for not making myself clear.

Happy Christmas and Happy New year

P.S. I shall be away for ten days from Saturday with the grandchildren, so to everyone's relief there will be a period of silence.
    Ivan, I never took it personal, And I wish you and your family a very merry xmas and a healthy Prosperous New Year. Enjoy Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think that he will have to in order to hold on to the gains that he has made. Hopefully we will see something positive happen in these areas of higher unemployment.

Patagual....just inland from Coronel, Chile.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Taylor View Post
    I cant recall ever having trouble moving round Europe pre joining the market, unless travelling by road, but then so did all the other countries until Schengen came along. Even after it. it was no great issue at airports.
    Agreed. But the majority of the Millenials seem to see things with rose-tinted glasses.
    Personally, I'm wondering just how many Scottish Fishermen actually vote for Ms Sturgeon, who seems intent on killing her few remaining industries simply out of spite.

Patagual....just inland from Coronel, Chile.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    Terry, like Des we will never come back, 40 years here has put an end to that.

But I think for the first time in many years there is a gov with a majority to get things done.
    From what I read of the opposition had they won UK would have been well and truly rooted.
    But as with all polis they question is how much of what they promise will happen.

"Well and truly rooted"
    ....as an ex-10-quid pom, I know what you mean!
    I'm an Expat "elsewhere" these days, but I agree with Des, you don't forget your roots (original meaning!) I still care greatly what happens to the "mother country" and her people.
    I believe the decision over "BREXIT" was the correct one....and I firmly believe that BJ will deliver now that he has been given the required mandate by the overwhelmingly VAST majority of the UK.
    The damage done to Democracy by self-interest groups and certain individuals will take time to repair, but, as others have noted, these problems are not insurmountable if we all pull together in the name of the greater picture & goals: That of a united nation inhabited by a peaceful and happy population.
    They must not be derailed by the minority, who in turn, must learn to accept the will of their compatriots, and accept defeat with the stoicism and courage for which the peoples of the land are renown worldwide.
    It has to be: Onwards & Upwards.
    Last edited by Steve Singleton; 26th December 2019 at 08:48 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I may be wrong, but there seems to be a new spirit in the country, and as the Queen said, it may get bumpy, but we are Brits, and we will get there, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Could it be possibly that some sections of society have got so used to being dictated to by unelected bureaucrats that they don't know what democracy actually means?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4