Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mixed Matters and Thoughts

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Mixed Matters and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by John F Collier View Post
    I think most of us here John have experienced what you speak of i.e the demand for another erection and then even still more,
    but I have to say that for me at the point of gratification, democracy was the very last thing in my mind .........................

Personally I feel more confident of a good future now but there is still a long way to go. Cheers
    The problem is that people have lost the meaning of the word democracy, like it or not it was a democratic decision but those that did not like decided they would not play by the rule of democracy.
    Bit like watching kids play football in the street, the kid whose ball it is decides the rules.
    Last edited by Chris Allman; 16th December 2019 at 11:20 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    I wonder if Jeremy Corbin's answer to Boris Johnson's call for an election will go down in History as one of the famous last words
    "BRING IT ON"
    Des
    Jeremy who???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There was a time when British shipping was the envy of the world, then the EU took it all away and gave it to Spain and Italy.
    Fishing ports such as Fleetwood almost decimated by the EU rules.

Yes many of the young know nothing else, but for many there is little care about the economy, just the fact they can move around with ease, no pass ports.

At the end of the day this will be resolved by business, not govs.
    The French farmer who sells 40% of his crop to UK will wish to continue, hard to find new markets.
    Similar with vehicle manufacturers who will not want to start again looking for new markets or for suppliers of the items coming from UK.

Remember, some of the big businesses on both sides will have contracts with time yet to run on them, will they all suddenly pull out??
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Money rules the world, and will ever be so, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John F Collier View Post
    Jeremy who???
    John, It may well go down as the biggest example of be careful what you wish for you might just get it, B,J, Has got to deliver promises to Northern Folk He never imagined, Thatcher appointed a minister for Merseyside in Heseltine he actually gained a lot of respect up here, I would urge B,J, To do the same or engage with the Northern Cities Mayors and deliver on his promises sooner rather than later. Its not his manifesto the Tory party won the vote on its the Conservatives manifesto watch this space Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Red Lead Ted;339409]John, It may well go down as the biggest example of be careful what you wish for you might just get it, B,J, Has got to deliver promises to Northern Folk He never imagined, QUOTE]

Why castigate the man, give him a chance, it's still only the first day of the new Parliament, there are no miracle workers in any political party, our local MP says BJ is a very hard worker (he has known him for years) finds talent and then delegates, but if they don't perform they are out. I feel sure that BJ may be getting enough sage advice without having to search sites such as ours to chart his path and is fully aware of all the pitfalls that may occur during his tenure.

And as 'careful for what we wish for' the alternative was just too dire to contemplate even for a lot of die-hard labour supporters.

Lets support our government and our country, it's what we've got, give it a chance, lets divert our course from doom and gloom island and sail into calmer waters, there will be rough passages but we will navigate through them if the crew pull together..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Indeed Ivan, What makes you think I am castigating B,J, That's your interpretation of my post it wont be everyone's,

Lets support our government and our country, it's what we've got, give it a chance, lets divert our course from doom and gloom island and sail into calmer waters, there will be rough passages but we will navigate through them if the crew pull together.. Lets hope that's all the new M.P.s morals.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How many times have I heard from polititions make promises about the North East,still got 6% unemployment against 3% for rest ,nothing changes!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lead Ted View Post
    John, It may well go down as the biggest example of be careful what you wish for you might just get it, B,J, Has got to deliver promises to Northern Folk He never imagined, Thatcher appointed a minister for Merseyside in Heseltine he actually gained a lot of respect up here, I would urge B,J, To do the same or engage with the Northern Cities Mayors and deliver on his promises sooner rather than later. Its not his manifesto the Tory party won the vote on its the Conservatives manifesto watch this space Terry.
    Hi Terry, "Hope that's not my head you're patting mate" , I think we're both old enough to be able to say "Heard it all before" but after so
    many years of very poor leadership I believe we now have a leader who will actually do what he says and with the swamp cleared of rebels
    and a very healthy majority he can lead his government as he should be able to. BJ is in a much better position to negotiate with the EU now
    and with Junker and Tusk gone als the threat of "No Deal" back on the table, the knowledge of having so many nations including the USA, all
    hoping to trade with us bodes well for a much better deal with the EU than we had previously. Careful what you wish for? .In June 2016 along
    with 17.4 million others I got what I wished for, in this last GE once again, I got what I wished for, I think the result of this GE is the resounding
    answer to all those poor losers who demanded a second referendum, we can't all be wrong mate. As said by yourself and others, it is the time
    to unite and get behind the government, it's time to put the past where it belongs and look to the future, after four years of acrimony and frustration
    we all deserve a happy ending. Cheers
    t

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    There was a time when British shipping was the envy of the world, then the EU took it all away and gave it to Spain and Italy.
    Fishing ports such as Fleetwood almost decimated by the EU rules........................................

Remember, some of the big businesses on both sides will have contracts with time yet to run on them, will they all suddenly pull out??
    I cant recall ever having trouble moving round Europe pre joining the market, unless travelling by road, but then so did all the other countries until Schengen came along. Even after it. it was no great issue at airports.
    Last edited by Chris Allman; 17th December 2019 at 11:18 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast