Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Illegal Immigrants

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Illegal Immigrants

Quote Originally Posted by dave moore View Post
    One of the problems with stopping illegals is that we are an island and they can gain entry anywhere along the coast,I'd lilex to bet that large numbers have gained entry never m..ind about the Channel but what about the Eastern Coast small vessels could land them anywhere,even coming from say Holland as an example,I've never read about any gaining entry through Hull or The Tyne ,they could be landed anywhere on the coast from a small craft ,just a thought.
    Dave, up till fairly recently I have taken the ferry from the Tyne to Ijmuiden, with my car, and travelled to N. Germany 2/3 times a year. The terminal in N. Shields is relatively modern and all vehicles are accommodated within a boundary fence, while waiting to board.
    The return journey requires all vehicles to park in a cobbled back street in the dock area and usually results in two long queues of mixed traffic, until the gates open and traffic filters in to a holding area prior to loading, during that wait, there could be any kind of devious activity going on. I have made this journey since 2008 and have never seen any attempt to check any vehicles.
    My car has been searched several times when leaving N. Shields though.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Very similar story to my friends who live in France, he come to the UK several times a year, and he tells me the same, his car has never been searched, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For many years as you may have heard we had the 'boat people' coming into the country from Indonesia by sea.

Many reported that the men in charge took all their papers, passports etc and dumped them before the ship made land.
    So those arriving could not show where they were from, taking years often in a camp before any proof could be found.

People smugglers are like drug pushers, easy money from the vunerable.

Border control rules are only as good as the manner in which they are policed.

From what we have seen on our news about the Channel ports it would appear the French are pushing as many over to UK as they can, not wanted in France.
    It has become far too easy to get from continent to UK with current rules, or should one say, lack of.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Thanks Doc Vernon, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes Trader, dave moore, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

any other country if you overstay or illegal you are held and deported ? what do we do here bail to appear do you think they ever appear no they move to a new city this is our own fault. 300.000 every year that's nearly 1000.000 every three years no wonder the NHS and housing is at breaking point? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And there is a vast underground supply of jobs for these illegals, in restaurants , take aways, all employed cheaply, sleeping in the back shed etc. When the owners are caught employing them they are fined 10,000 , which is peanuts when you are employing them for a couple of pounds an hour, they should jail the owners so that the risk to do that becomes too great. We suffer from being too bloody soft all round, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If some of these bloody idiots are prepared to creep into the landing gear aboard a long haul flight, Or chance crossing the English channel in an inflatable duck, Then lord knows what reputation this country has amongst illegal's we can only wonder how many have tried to get here through the English channel only to meet an horrendous end. Because the truth is there bodies will never be found, Don't news channels in these countries update people on the dangers they face because they keep chancing there hand, And as Ivan quite rightly says you have to question these kids parents for funding them to attempt the journey. All I can say is there must be an enormous reward for those that are successful. So you must question who are the people encouraging this some of them must be guaranteed employment and great reward. Baffles me.
    {terry scouse}

8. Thanks Ivan Cloherty thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The exploitation of these illegals is nothing more than modern day slavery and the 10,000 fine for employment of an illegal is absolutely inadequate if you made it 100000 per employee maybe some of these restaurants would think twice before taking a chance but when you go and use the illegal car wash order cheap takeaway all you're doing is contributing
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm sure in the UK it's the same in the U.K., lowly. hard, dirty, and boring jobs are difficult to fill. i.e. dishwasher, fruit and veg. picking and all stoop labor jobs, posterior wiping, car wash workers (particularly in the winter).

Have those who wish to do these jobs apply then be approved for a low level work permit with all the safety limitations you can think of and they are paid at an hourly rate equitable to our countries laws.

Failure by the employer to fail to any conditions that would be received by an American/British employee, receives a cash penalty and prison time that makes them think before hiring slave labor.

Farmers win, Hospitals win, Food industry wins, American/ British consumers get the jobs done. strawberries picked for strawberries and cream teas, radish picked for salad, a-- wiped by someone as happy as a pig in sh-- to do it, car cleaned in the frost with a grin.... Nivana for all, and it would be legal.

Heavy punishment for those who try to sneak in and returned to country of exit, and the same to those who then hire an illegal or pay less than scale.

Cheers, Rodney wishing I was younger and could run for Congress.

11. Likes Keith Tindell, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We all know the old belief that for every thief caught there another 20out there ,the same applies to illegal immigrants.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Our current feral gov is beginning to realize just how bad some of this is.
    Refugees pulled into jobs paying so far below the award rate it is laughable.
    New laws now in place will see, and it is already happening, many companies getting caught out and very heavy fines imposed and the need to repay all monies not paid when working.
    The tax office has also ruled that the 'back packer tax', charged to seasonal fruit pickers is unlawful.

We are beginning to clean up our act but still have a way to go.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

14. Thanks Rodney Mills, Adrie van zanten thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast