Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Road trauma

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Road trauma

Here in Victoria there is great concern about the road toll this year. So far some 60 more road deaths that at the same time last year.

Just down the road from us in the town center, about 2 kilometers, is the local Golden Arches.

At 0600 hours this morning the first news item was about that very place.

A police car had been peppered with shots from two shot guns used by locals. This had occurred an hour or so earlier on this 24/7 shop.
    This accounted for the helicopter noise we heard overhead.
    Then to add to the trauma the police car was rammed by the offenders car.

Two of the offenders were cornered and arrested while three staff and two customers were lead to safety.
    One of the offenders had it away on his toes.

Our road runs paralell to the main road and at about 0615 hours we heard the sound of police car sirens on that road, this was followed by a loud noise.

We were later to discover the noise had been another car used by the offender who had done a runner.
    The noise was his attempt to park the car half way up a tree growing on the road side.

With driving such as this little wonder the road toll is so high.

The Golden Arches was closed and roped off by Police and not opened again until mid afternoon.

For many local residents this would cause a serious problem not being able to get their drive through breakfast.

Luckily just down the road from there is a Hungry Jacks which has a few Islamic staff working here.

They think their Burquas are better than McDonalds.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: Road trauma

Would never touch anything from McDonalds personally.

K.

3. Likes Tony Taylor liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Indeed John
    Here in NSW i dont think things are too much different with so many Car accidents and things going on daily.
    Every day when i sit and watch the News there is at least one or two (sometimes more) incidents of some Car fatality or some Crime that had been committed!
    I really dont know what our Society is becoming with so much going on,as i recall Years back we never used to hear of so much Crime,Accidents etc.
    Oh dear what is our World Becoming!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Vernon View Post
    Indeed John
    Here in NSW i dont think things are too much different with so many Car accidents and things going on daily.

Oh dear what is our World Becoming!
    Cheers
    At the risk of being called racist, there seems to be an increase twixt immigrants, legal and illegal, whose country of origin have driving tests much more relaxed than our own and where-in driving licences can be purchased. One only has to watch 'Caught on Camera' : 'Car Crash' etc etc to see the number of drivers from other countries who have no licence, no insurance, etc are not indigenous to our country, of course we have our own home grown miscreants as well. But of course we are not allowed to say any of the foregoing as it may be construed as an illegal act, or as in reality political correctness gone mad, we are blindly being led down a path of '1984' where-in we have 'thought Police'
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 13th August 2019 at 08:19 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have overseas neighbours, several families in one rented house, outside are at least Six cars, flying up and dow our once pristine avenue, I am regularly reporting on the computer to the DVLA, the car Reg, and there is no tax, no mot, no insurance, One I reported on Sunday had no road tax since September 2013 and no MOT since December 2012,
    Nothing happens.
    I remember a case in 1999 when I reported to the Police Sergeant, an offence by a face covered woman, He told me, "We know they have no licence, no road tax, no Insurance, but we have been told from the very Top Not to hassle them," I said , What would happen if I did that?, he says , We would have you inside and your feet would not touch the ground,, So I says, who is the Very Top. ? Jack Straw was the Home Secretary then, The Policeman nodded his head and said , We are not allowed to say.

7. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here on the Island the police publish photos of the cars they seize, no licence, MOT insurance etc, and the cars are crushed, its amazing how many are being seized on this small Island. If this is reflected on the Mainland numbers, there is a big problem out there. kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Two weeks ago six people died within 48 hours in four local towns the Southend area, two women and four men, all through a batch of
    bad drugs, there are many incidents of cars leaving the road and smashing into people's gardens, only last week a family had both of
    their cars wrecked whilst parked behind a wall in their front garden, in some cases the police have found drugs in the crashed cars and
    one car also had a gun inside. In London just days ago; in separate incidents two policemen were nearly murdered, one by a machete
    attack and the other by being run over by his own police vehicle by a car thief, personally I think that drugs are nearly always connected
    to these incidents, sadly we can't say what we want to as it would end up breaking the political correct code that we all now have to live
    with. My own feelings are the death penalty should be brought back for dealers of A class drugs and deliberate murder such as Lee Rigby.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The President of the Philippines has the right idea, he shoots all drug dealers and drug users, about 3,000 have been eliminated now.

Drugs are now an epidemic in UK
    tons of cocaine etc are pouring into our country and no one stops it,
    50 years ago I couldn't even get an extra packet of cigarettes in, every ship had about 40 Rummagers .
    Now we are wide open.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

AS anyone on here would now I not a believer in privatization, but this beats it all. The New South Wales Govt build a huge motorway system in Sydney for around one $billion or more, they sell it to a private company called Toll's on a ninety nine year lease, the price is not given as it is, according to the Govt private?? this, the first year Tools made one $Billion profit, as a given it would mean $Billions the Govt should have had for the future The congestion is worse than it was before the road was opened. With the increasing population the Govt is struggling to raise enough money to keep up building new schools. and this is just in Sydney. Out in the country areas there are more and more deaths on the road because the roads are just dirt and potholes. This once great country is going down the plug hole, where once you could get three jobs in one day, there are now so many long term unemployed some kids will never ever get a full time job in their lives. sad realy
    Des
    Last edited by Des Taff Jenkins; 14th August 2019 at 01:54 AM.

12. Thanks Doc Vernon, N/A, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I often wonder how much revenue is lost and the car driver picks up the slack we in Liverpool have two tunnels going under the Mersey the first was supposed to be free no chance how much tax on fuel petrol could be sold at half the price a tenner might get you 65 miles the DWP make people take jobs miles away from home travel every day to places you cant get public transport the the insurance stiff you for what they can get so basically young are working for less than they get on the dole this all needs looking at greed is catching up with the brains of the country they know it but doing nothing about it. jp

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast