Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hydrogen and others

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hydrogen and others

There was an article online last week and not broadcast by mainstream media.
    Scientists in Japan and Finland an even some in Edinburgh, have stated that climate change is not man made.
    They state every so many years the earths orbit moves closer to the sun and at the same time the earth tilts a little more towards the sun, causing the climate to change.
    Course the greens stated the theory was rubbing.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The problem that I have have with the greens and in fact all of these activities lobbies is you have some very keen activists Who who are very often ill-informed and I'll following the whims of some crowd stirring rabble rouser . Then you start to find out that somebody is funding these people and then ask yourself why. The same applies to a lot of the animal rights groups. Brian May is is vehement about saving the Badger yet has as deer that passed through his West Country Estate culled , Chris Packham the well-known naturalist was criticising gamekeepers for killing red kite when a trail cam showed the guilty party to be a pine marten who had eaten the chicks. You find out a lot of these people are heading up charities and getting an awful lot of expenses for doing so. I firmly believe that we are in a period of climate change and we have got global warming. What causing it that I'm not sure about. The institution of electrical engineers many years ago said the answer to the energy shortage was nuclear and when you look at the subsidies applied do wind energy we would have saved millions of pounds by installing new nuclear plants. Did try and sort the truth out from sponsored activists is extremely difficult. The Earth seems to me to have an ability to sort itself out and you never know we might have another Ice Age on the horizon. I wonder who will get the blame for that.
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

10,000 Years ago Boltonistan was under 200 feet of ice,
    Why did it melt? my little car that they TAX Heavily did NOT cause it.

4. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't expect it was the car Brian probably Chilli flakes from the Bhandari's galley
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The theory put forward by those scientists sits well with comments from my Compass adjusting mate.
    He is convince the earth has moved significantly on its axis and that magnetic north is some two degrees off.

But as you say Rob, it is those who have some gain to make from such subjects that will shout the loudest.

Bit like one of our charities here in Oz, it has come to light that the CEO and staff are taking as much as 95 cents in the dollar from all donations.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Consider this the.

According to the news today a new planet has bee found, though scientist are yet to decide if it is a planet or another sun.
    With the aid of the telescopes we now have man can see into the past almost and see stars and planets that died millions of years ago but the light from them is only just reaching us.

Could it then be that at some very distant point an earth like planet is looking at us and we have been extinct for a couple of million years!!!!!
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thedriv...you-think/amp/

This appears to be be the Australian answer to a lack of charging points you just put them on the end of a diesel generator

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On paper it looks good but it still requires Diesel fuel to run it.
    The gov here 'hope' that by 2050 the nation will be emissions free with all conventional cars off the roads.
    Conventional vehicles are one thing but there is a long way to go before they will be able to get a 'B Double' across the Nuallbor on batteries.
    y
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2