Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change -Again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Climate Change -Again.

John you say that we will meet the paris agreement but only on fudged figures this mob in at the moment have procrastranated for six years hence the need to speed up any change to rectify the issue. If they get back in (which I am afraid that they will do) then it will be another three years of inaction. I agree that a slow methodical change would be the best but unfortunatly the politidians have squandered the time needed instead just to get the revenue so that they could sit on their anus and privatise everything that should have been for the betterment of the country for decades now. That is the reason drastic change is needed and frittering away another three years is only going to make drastic change more urgent. This will lead to mistakes being made. Maybe for someone diagnosed with cancer would prefer quick action to assist them with the remainder of their life or going on this other logic they would have to wait until the doctors had taken time of for a year or so just to ponder what to do with the patient. Lets face it a country can not advance with the rotating doors on the prime minsters office that has been going on for twelve years now.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

2. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Rod.
    Just a personal look at what could be climate change, as well as change for the good of all. When we built a new house in the Blue Mountains out from Sydney in the 90s we were there for the rest of our lives, within ten years my wife got what we used to call in our sea days the Abadan's, where seamen either went off their heads or died of the heat, we had been in Aus since 74 and had never had it so hot, five years of drought made it even worse so we went back to NZ, after five years we came back, down to the alpine region where so far she has not felt the heat any where near as bad. We are in the worst drought since records started, but hey we are in Australia; and lately the rains have started to fall again, politicians are smiling with their arms around farmers shoulders as if they had ordered the rain just for them. Our young kids are as worried about the planet as were the youngsters when it seemed like an atomic war was imminent back in the 70s, in their eyes no one is doing anything positive to combat it; and they are afraid for their future, I sympathies with their demonstrations, much as I did with the school kids in the America over school shootings. In our elections which are now on there is little difference between Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, it is a long long time between drinks since we had a politician of any great shakes.
    Des
    Last edited by Des Taff Jenkins; 7th May 2019 at 12:47 AM.

4. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Got a good example that is just the same as climate change and how the pollies world wide have stuffed it up. After WW11 there was a baby boom that everyone knew would eventuate with them becoming pensioners. What did all those politicians do to eleviate the coming pension increases? Stuff all but made it for themselves with all the increased tax's that the baby boomers where giving. Now it has come to crunch time and still they have not got their act together to cater for the baby boomers. Exactly like the changes to the enviroment they just hope that it will be sorted out by some other bugger until it is to late to do anything about it. How many times have we heard them saying that the economy can not afford the welfare payments especially the increase of pensioners.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

6. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Interesting facts regarding the planet and the people.
    In 1980 world population was about 4 billion, it is now close to 8, with a similar increase in live stock to feed us.

Much of our problems stem from this increase I fear, and I do not see it getting any better for some time.

Yes Climate Change has become significant to many more, but if you beat the drum hard and often you will get some to follow.

What exactly is Climate Change?

The question has been asked of a number of politician from both sides and all replies have been inconclusive.
    For example the climate of Victoria is Temperate, that is over any given period, usually a decade, there will be equal levels of heat and cold, wet and dry.
    For countries in the region covered by the Tropic of Capricorn and Cancer are considered to be tropical. That is they have a wet and a dry season with limited variation in temperature.
    When asked what these would change to no conclusive answer.

We are currently experiencing some extremes of weather, that is not the climate, but they are no different than on previous occasions.
    Here in Victoria parts are still in drought, others are receiving significant rainfall.

No matter what we may do as a nation it will make little difference, but we can hope to set an example to others, and there are so many others that have no concept of the matter.

As to the future of things such as Electric Cars, yes they will come in time and there is nothing wrong in that.
    But as I see it the vehicle industry is running before it can walk.

Here in Victoria we have virtually no infrastructure for their introduction.
    So far only 3 recharge points exist.

The oil companies will do all they can to continue with petrol and Diesel for many years to come. One industrialist here considers for possibly the next 30 to 40 years.
    Within 15Klm of where we live 5 new service stations, not one with any recharge facilities.
    That is where some of the problems lie.

The nation is doing fairly well just now, low interest rates, very low unemployment and good export figures.

But yes we can do more and better.
    But to get there you must take all the population not just part, do it with reasonable concepts that all can understand. Do not promise conditions that you know are almost impossible to reach. The country is run by the treasury and the permanent boys in the back ground. Polis come up with ideas which may or may not be approved by them.

On a more positive note a good friend of mine an electronics engineer, now retired, tells me that he has heard Microsoft is working on a system, similar to the Smart Meter, to be fitted to Electric vehicles. This will show the distance travelled and sent back to a central point so the Gov can charge a fee to replace the loss of fuel revenue.

Two definites in this world, death and taxes.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes Rodney Mills, dave moore liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Am I living on a different planet????
    Will some kind intelligent GREEN please tell me where the Climate has changed.
    I have just come in from my garden, The Bluebells and daffodils have all gone now as they have done every springtime for the last 84 years I have been here. the forget me nots are blooming, the other flowers are starting to bloom, the Blossom on the apple trees have started to fall as it always has done by May. We had April Showers last month and NOW May Flowers,
    The lawn needs to be mowed again after two weeks. as usual.
    The birds nests in my bushes are now full of little chicks,. all tweeting. It is a beautiful Springtime day.
    THE TEMPERATURE TODAY IS 12*c.

WHERE THE HELL IS THIS CLIMATE CHANGE.????????????????????????

We are all a bunch of Suckers if we listen to the daft stupid greens. I give up on how daft people are.
    THERE IS NO CLIMATE CHANGE, IT IS SPRINGTIME. SOON IT WILL BE SUMMER AND WARMER DAYS.
    I despair at how silly people have become.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 7th May 2019 at 09:37 AM.

10. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    Am I living on a different planet????
    Will some kind intelligent GREEN please tell me where the Climate has changed........................................... .....

The birds nests in my bushes are now full of little chicks,. all tweeting. It is a beautiful Springtime day.
    THE TEMPERATURE TODAY IS 12*c.

I despair at how silly people have become.
    EXACTLY! 40 Years ago i got sunburned out walking with my wife and bay son. Last week I got sunburned while uo a ladder clearing gutters.
    My you, I would get hypothermia today if dressed the same as last week, it is only 5*c right now. Nothing new then.
    Last edited by Chris Allman; 7th May 2019 at 03:29 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My runner beans still have not germinated, but there is this today, from 'Grist' a USA site:
    The level of carbon dioxide in our planet’s atmosphere just set another depressing new record. April’s average was 413.52 parts per million, an all-time high. And we’re only speeding up the pace at which we cross new milestones: Scientists expect that we’ll pass 415 ppm in May.

At a two-day Arctic Council summit in Finland, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo made it clear that the Trump administration sees melting Arctic sea ice as a ripe economic opportunity. “Arctic sea lanes could become the 21st century’s Suez and Panama canals,” he said, according to the AP. The summit failed to issue a joint declaration for the first time, because the U.S. refused to sign anything with the words “climate change.”

— Molly Enking
    Harry Nicholson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And yet another view on electric cars and co2 emissons :- https://notrickszone.com/2019/04/23/...limate-change/
    R 800658 Kn

14. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Likes vic mcclymont liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In 1807 the ice melted and sailing ships could sail from the UK to the far east using the North West Passage.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Norton View Post
    And yet another view on electric cars and co2 emissons :- https://notrickszone.com/2019/04/23/...limate-change/
    Oh dear! That's sobering. And after all the investment and fuss.
    In the end we will need to properly address the population size that this planet can comfortably afford. Our species is profligate.
    Harry Nicholson

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast