Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change -Again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Climate Change -Again.

The problem is that not all people blindly accept what they find in the media, some dare to question what is published but are then castigated by the believers.
    What a sad world it would be if we all thought the same.

Now a fact of interest.
    Every minute of the day some 125 persons die,
    at the same time of every minute some 230 ae born.

This tells me something, it means we spend more time getting our leg over than digging a hole.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Keith at Tregenna Guest

RE: What a sad world it would be if we all thought the same.

Just a thought, the treatment of Thunberg, and the vigour with which people push away reminders of that which they would rather not deal with, illustrate implicatory denial. We are almost all guilty, to some extent, of engaging in implicatory denial. In the case of climate change, implicatory denial allows us to use a reusable coffee cup, recycle our plastic, or sometimes catch a bus, and thus to pretend to ourselves that we are doing our bit.

K.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 24th February 2020 at 05:54 AM.

3. Likes Rodney Mills liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There area number of interesting articles on the net by Professor Brian Cox, a Pom of some note.
    He explains that it is not as simple as one factor, there are many all of which may, or may not, interact with each other.

As some of you may understand I am a Climate denier according to one member, no not you Rodders, but that is not totally correct.

I know that there has been Climate Change since the earth came into being, and that warming, and cooling of the planet is also part of a cycle.
    What I do not believe in is man made changes.

On another note which shows the true story of much of the argument.
    A Norway oil exploration company has given up on the concept of drilling for oil in the Great Australian Bight, at this point in time it would not be economical so tey will continue off the coast of WA. However at some distant point in time they will, as they have a permit to do so, revisit this proposal.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Likes Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A few years ago I was watching TV late one night and there was a story on and a group of Scientist explained the Earth revolving on its Axis is getting closer to the Sun, and in some time it will crash into the Sun how long this will take was not explained. I always thought the closer to the fire you sat the warmer it got.
    GWB

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Hi George, nice to see your input, certain more will come re: the effects from the sun.

To me the Sun powers life on Earth; it helps keep the planet warm enough for us to survive. It also influences Earth’s climate: We know subtle changes in Earth’s orbit around the Sun are responsible for the comings and goings of the past ice ages. But the warming we’ve seen over the last few decades is too rapid to be linked to changes in Earth’s orbit, and too large to be caused by solar activity.

But, evidence all points to the planet warming.

Fingers crossed, we act now in case and hope that we are wrong in what all evidence suggests for our children and touch wood future generations.

Earlier generations did much in times past to secure, safeguard and ensure much for those that would come after them.

I believe we owe our children and those to come at least trying and not dismissing something that is most probable.

It could be just me and years of experience including risk assessment but, risk should be addressed seriously.

Keith.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 25th February 2020 at 03:13 AM.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Received via rellies in Oz,
    added here for info only.

K.

Environmental concerns get top billing in Infrastructure Australia priority list for first time

Rising sea levels, water security and waste management are among the environmental challenges that Infrastructure Australia has, for the first time, elevated to the top tier of its priorities list.

In its latest list, to be released on Wednesday, Infrastructure Australia said it was elevating environmental concerns because climate change was altering the water cycle and was projected to cause sea level rises of 0.4 to 0.6 metres. It also cited a renewed focus on “resilience” in the face of natural disasters.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...cid=spartanntp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Infrastructure Australia is only an advisory body there to pass on to States and territories ideas that evolve from various organizations that have lobbied them.
    They have no enforceable powers.

To put up a cut and paste such as this gives the wrong impression to those who do not know the country. It would be advisable to discontinue such practices if there is no intention of distorting the facts.

What the articled fails to explain, the media again, is that most of the subjects there have been on the books for years.
    Water management has been hijack over time by various govs, each considering their idea is better than the one of the previous gov.

Waste management has only come to the fore since last Year when China refused to take any more of our waste for recycling.

Infrastructure Australia covers a whole gammit of subjects and each year has to decide what is the most cost effective at that time.

My sister in law worked with them for many years and often told the stories of the lobbying by various groups all thinking their project was the most important.

As to water, let me explain how it works, or rather does not.

As far back as 1986 a group of bright students put a submission to the then gov on water management and how it could be improved, ranging from river control potable water and sea lever control.
    They did not even get a reply.

I recently wrote to both my state and Feral members with a concept that every suburban property have a 2500 liter tank collect rain to flush the dunny.
    Again no reply, but had I been a staffer, or another MP the idea would have been taken up.

Not what you know but rather who.

A few hours ago they put out the list, top priority for Victoria, a road, a toll road started by the last gov and abandoned by the current one at a cost to the state of $1.4 billion in costs.
    So much for priority.
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 26th February 2020 at 07:32 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We had a lot of snow yesterday and during the night.

But I guess it must be winter.

12. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Just weather.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Who are the 75 Australian 'scientists and professionals' who say there is no climate emergency?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-...gency/11734966

15. Thanks N/A, Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Rodney Mills liked this post
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast