Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change -Again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Climate Change -Again.

I have been travelling this world, EVERYWHERE, Arctic to Antarctic, all the tropics, , and have not seen any climate change. I am going round again in less that four weeks, it will be the same as before.

My garden is still the same as 57 years ago when I moved in. No change,
    The world has gone Daft,
    A 16 year old girl , weeping and wailing and the world goes bonkers.

People are on TV with Doctors saying they are suffering from ECO- STRESS,
    How do they think we went on in WW2, being bombed and burnt out night after night,
    The world is full of Whimps They should get a life.
    Be a Man my son. Be a Man.!
    Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 19th February 2020 at 09:06 AM.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

In the latest annual State of the UK Climate report, the Met Office said 2018 was warmer than any year from 1884 to 2002.
    The top 10 warmest years in the UK have all occurred since 2002.

According to the Met Office, the Central England Temperature dataset – the longest-running instrumental record of temperature in the world – shows that 2009-2018 was around 1 °C warmer than 1850-1900.

That means more rain

Higher temperatures mean more water evaporates in the air to fall as rain again.

Dr Michael Byrne, lecturer in climate science at the University of St Andrews and research fellow at the University of Oxford, said: “These storms are nothing new, going back 100 years, but, because we are now more than 1C warmer as a whole versus pre-industrial times, every degree means 7 per cent more water in the atmosphere and more rain in these heavy rain events.
    “When they come, they bring more rain, 100 per cent for certain, because of climate change.”

Many other climate scientists have echoed that sentiment, agreeing that there are likely to be more episodes of extreme rainfall in the future thanks to changes in global temperature.

Dr Ivan Haigh from the University of Southampton told FactCheck: “Climate change is making the likelihood of these events happening much more common, and I think we are seeing this all over the world.”

https://www.channel4.com/news/factch...cause-flooding

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

These guys with class room " ..ologies" have to Justify their existence and BIG Salaries.
    To say that the world is 1c more than 1890 is or can be not so accurate, the equipment today is far more accurate than 130 years ago. If last year was the warmest , why did I have my gas central heating on most days, Here we recorded EIGHT VERY hot days in the entire summer.
    A lot of temperatures can change on the location of the thermometers, where they in Fields. ? on cliff tops ?? on top of high rise buildings ?? on a beach?? on the Moors ?? where are the thermometres????? in the shade??> in the wind, ,??in the sunshine???
    anything can affect the temperature.
    Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 19th February 2020 at 03:32 PM.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

You are entitled to believe what ever you wish but, all evidence
    suggests different.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Earth has been changing since day one hundreds of millions of years ago/
    Only TEN THOUSAND years ago in the Ice AGE, Bolton was under 200 feet of ICE, What happened ?? my little car didn't melt the ice.
    England was joined up with Europe, [ ugh]. you could walk across the Channel.
    Previous to the Ice age It was Tropical here, with massive Rain Forests, That is where the Coal and Oil originates,

When I was a lad in the 30s and 40s, British Industries were belching out massive thick coal smoke from factory chimneys, Every house in the country had Coal fires , thick Smog everywhere, Walking down the street the feet were crunching in the Soot from the mill chimney, thousands of them 24 hours a day seven days a week.

War came and the Bombing , thousands of homes and buildings bombed and burning throwing thick black smoke into the atmosphere,
    After the War more Factories rebuilt and more Mill Chimneys belching out thick Black smoke
    Not until 1967 when the smoke control areas from the Clean Air Act, came that it was reduced.
    Harold Wilson closed down the Cotton Mills and 200 coal Mines that reduced the Pollution quite a bit,

The World still kept doing what it does best.
    Volcanoes throw out more Pollution and Warming than all Human Activity, under the sea and above the sea,
    In four weeks I will be climbing Kilauea on the Big Island of Hawaii. and see the heat, Gases and pollution and sea warming that it has done for centuries.
    Cheers
    Brian

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Sorry,I do regret that I am uncertain as to
    what point you attempt to make again.

Keith.

7. Likes Les Woodard liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In all the talk from 'scientists' about the changes they claim are taking place there is never mention of how much the sun, or tilting of the planet have a bearing on this.
    Why has the Indian ocean warmed more than usual this year, one theory put forward by one lone scientist is solar flares, certainly a lot of heat comes from them.

Science of any kind is an ongoing factor, it is not always precise and contains a lot of conjecture of what may occur under certain conditions.

Most people just take what the media put out as gospel and never question it.
    But there area few who look outside the square to see if there is an alternative.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

9. Likes vic mcclymont liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"How Does the Tilt of the Earth Effect the weather Sciencinghttps:// Sciencing.com/tilt-earth-affect-weather-8591690.htm

"Earth's axis is tilted by approximately 23.5 degrees. In other words, Earth's daily rotation is shifted by 23.5 degrees with regard to its yearly revolution around the sun. This axial tilt is the reason why Earth experiences different seasons throughout the year, and also why summer and winter occur opposite each other on either side of the equator -- and with greater intensity farther away from the equator." How Does the Tilt of the Earth Affect the Weather? | Sciencinghttps://sciencing.com/t

The Weather Channel

"Over the past century, Earth’saxis –the imaginary line that passes through the North and South Poles –has drifted about 4 inches, and adecrease in Greenland's ice mass isthe main contributor to the wobble, the space agency has announced.

As temperatures increased throughout the 20th century because of humans, Greenland's ice mass decreased."A total of about 7,500 gigatons — the weight of more than 20 million Empire State Buildings — of Greenland's ice melted into the ocean during this time period," NASA said in a press release. "This makes Greenland one of the top contributors of mass being transferred to the oceans, causing sea level to rise and, consequently, a drift in Earth's spin axis.""

I found this by googling Has the world tilted more? And does it effect climate change. Their are many articles in the same vein and none refuting it.

I would be interested in reading articles, be an identified reputable scientific source, refuting the above claims.

Please post same. A guy talking recently on the radio, no change in my back yard, or I felt a bump when I crossed the equator does not qualify as a reliable scientific report.

Cheers Rodney

11. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Another reason for a shift in the earth`s rotation could be the Nuclear Bomb Tests.
    Punch a ball and it will move,
    there have been more than 2,000 Nuclear Bomb Tests since 1945.
    The USA have done the most with 1,045, Russia 750 followed by France, UK , Pakistan, N.Kores
    The tremendous heat blasted from these bombs plus the dust and radiation surely does not do the climates any good.
    So they Tax my little car £270 a year to stop it.
    Brian

13. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rodney,
    On google type in does the earths axis effect climate change
    then scroll down to https://www.psi.edu>epo>global
    and https://phys.org
    both make interesting reading