Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change -Again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Climate Change -Again.

Very interesting, but considering global weather pattern keeping only began in 1948 it has very little history behind it.
    Temperatures from space even later.

But here is a mystery, one way plastic bags now banned, but you can buy a reusable one for a cost to you.
    Problem is those reusable ones will take ten times as long to degrade, and the hard woven plastic ones have been given an estimate life of up to 400 years if dumped inland fill.

But of course the providers of bags, the shops, will save a fortune.
    Here in Oz have estimates some $3 billion a year between them.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I do not know why shops do not go back to paper bags which are easily disposed of and break down quickly. When I asked this question previously I was told in no uncertain terms that it would decimate the rain forests. This is being done now on a very large scale anyway because the land is being reclaimed for crops, so why not use the timber being cut for the manufacture of paper rather than just burning it and polluting the atmosphere. Also we have a tremendous use and waste of paper and cardboard packaging why cant this be recycled and used in the production of paper bags, Never seem to remember any problems when we had paper bags before.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Was the first thing my wife said Chris why not just use paper bags like of old. If the counter argument is the rainforests and the use of paper, why not ration fleet Street with the use of for garbage sheets, they had certain uses at one time , the mind springs to fish and chips, crosswords, firelighters , and for those who couldn’t afford toilet paper. For every argument there is a counter argument I suppose. It must be to someone’s benefit not to use paper. Never yet heard a tree complain. Cheers JS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My version of climate change, we get up in the morning, my wife says do you want to drive up to Canberra, I go outside look up at the sky come back inside and say it's going to be a fine day, let's go. Next day I look out it's raining, I say weather's changed; can't cut the lawn.
    What more do you want.
    Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We have a mountain of old paper here in Oz, old newspapers etc all bundled up in wharehouses with no one interested in using them.
    There was a time when all our cardboard boxes and egg cartons were made from such but not so much now.
    By using old papers it would be good recycling but maybe that is too much to ask.
    So instead the gov continues to attempt to scare the people with their climate change policy.
    But oddly enough here in Oz it is only Labor that are doing that.
    The Greens as well but they are not worth considering.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Likes j.sabourn, George liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#15.. It was all collected during the war John and put to. Good use. The same as any iron railings houses may of had was taken by the m.o.w. They supplied the metal for a sten gun, at a cost of 3/6d. Today if there is no profit in anything it is not considered worth keeping. People today don’t have minds, they have cash registers as brains. JS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On our news the other day images of the marchers in London banging on again about Climate Change.
    They have declared that by 2050 all Co2 emissions must be gone, a Co2 free world.

Where do they get their information from?

All living creatures produce Co2 when they exhale, it s taken up by trees and other green shrubs to produce Oxygen, without which we cannot survive.
    All on this planet that dies decomposes and produces Methane gas.

So the only way to stop both of them is for Earth to become a barren planet.

I wonder where they get their information from and which science fiction book are they reading?

There is nothing wrong in reducing pollution but their concept is just plain stupid.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

9. Likes vic mcclymont, Denis O'Shea, George liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

With reference to electric cars, EV's already, I have been told that it costs A$1200 to purchase the charging point plus installation costs. So it would appear that only individual house owners will be able to install. Of course if yoy rent a house you can donate the installation to your landlord as you cannot take it with you. If you live in an apartment, then the body corporate will have to insall the system at horrific cost to apartment owners/occupiers as owners of rental apartments will not pay.

11. Likes happy daze john in oz, George liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Interest article into today's D.M. , Piers Crobyn brother of Jeremy, who runs a weather forecasting firm and is a trained meteorologists, says that the climate change activists are deranged.
    He claims that man mad. Climate change is a cover up that exists to push up fuel prices.

BBC, when showing how the climate change is affecting us a always show an iceberg calfing and that this is due to climate change. We all know that calving is caused by the pressure of ice building up at the rear of the glacier as new ice is formed.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have always said, and believe very seriously, that if you take the politics out of the ;Climate Change' debate there would be nothing there.

Like so many other issues, the CFC scare in the 80's, and many others all political.

But our opposition leader has said one sensible thing, is that possible of a politician, the future of vehicles will be Hydrogen ones.
    I do understand that in California they are already on the go and doing well.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

14. Likes Ken Norton, George liked this post
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast