Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change -Again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Climate Change -Again.

Here in UK this week, we are having strong winds and rain. and chilly.
    In 1944, the week of the Normandy invasion there was strong winds and rain making the Invasion difficult. So after 75 years the same weather is still here. why ?????

2. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    Here in UK this week, we are having strong winds and rain. and chilly.
    In 1944, the week of the Normandy invasion there was strong winds and rain making the Invasion difficult. So after 75 years the same weather is still here. why ?????
    Because Brian all weather patterns are cyclical. Like floods and droughts here in Oz, they come at a regular basis.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes vic mcclymont, Tony Taylor liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Donald Trump told Prince Charles US has 'clean climate'

President blames other countries for environmental crisis, in long talk with prince.

He said: “I did say, ‘Well, the United States right now has among the cleanest climates there are based on all statistics.’ And it’s even getting better because I agree with that we want the best water, the cleanest water. It’s crystal clean, has to be crystal clean clear.”

Trump added: “China, India, Russia, many other nations, they have not very good air, not very good water, and the sense of pollution. If you go to certain cities … you can’t even breathe, and now that air is going up … They don’t do the responsibility.”

So that's that / all clear.

K,

6. Likes Tony Taylor, Rodney Mills liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

China and India are the Biggest polluters, so they Tax my little car £250 a year for driving 2,000 miles,
    that will stop them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    Because Brian all weather patterns are cyclical. Like floods and droughts here in Oz, they come at a regular basis.
    John, you are so right! I flew into Perth in about 11 or 12; it was the wildest ride I have ever experienced, not just turbulence the plane was violently battered left, right, up and down. I have flown regularly since 1967 and had some rough ones but nothing approaching this.
    A couple of days later there was golf ball size hailstones which stripped leaves and branches, followed by torrential rain which flooded Perth to about 10 inches deep in as many minutes. I was in a 4x4 pick up and it was up to the axles, we were contemplating baling out but fortunately it eased after a while. Many millions of dollars of damage to vehicles alone.
    We had a a summer storm here three years ago with the same size hailstones (I kept some in the freezer to show people) caused £4000 damage to my wifes car and similar to mine. Fortunately we didnt get the flooding.

9. Thanks Captain Kong, Red Lead Ted, Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tony, I am looking for flight's for a summer break we are having in Malta just me and the wife the end of next month, Doing a few searches for a good deal yesterday and Ryanair kept popping up now I am sure anyone who has ever flown Ryanair will agree they are best left alone. I flew to Spain with them a few years ago I can only liken the seating as few hours in a church pew, As we entered the plane I asked a stewardess how klong the flight usually took......………… No idea sir we have never completed one yet, As they pulled the boarding gangway away the plane tipped onto its wing lets just say never again
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No fecking sense of adventure by not flying Ryanair mate LOL. All the best to you both on your holiday to Malta and hope you have been doing your exercises to toughen up those leg muscles as you are going ot need that after all the steps on Malta and then trying to swing the old leg over after LOL
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lead Ted View Post
    Tony, I am looking for flight's for a summer break we are having in Malta just me and the wife the end of next month, Doing a few searches for a good deal yesterday and Ryanair kept popping up now I am sure anyone who has ever flown Ryanair will agree they are best left alone. I flew to Spain with them a few years ago I can only liken the seating as few hours in a church pew, As we entered the plane I asked a stewardess how klong the flight usually took......………… No idea sir we have never completed one yet, As they pulled the boarding gangway away the plane tipped onto its wing lets just say never again
    Terry, here is the air line, if you can call it that, which suggested stand up travel!!!!!!!
    But I guess paying to use the Loo is quite common now so why not on one of their flights.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

13. Likes Red Lead Ted liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Terry , why not fly British Airways, excellent, I am a shareholder in the company, that will boost my dividends.
    thanks
    Cheers
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brian, There are more millionaires' in Bolton than any other part of the country, Never seen so many 4 wheel drives in my life anywhere. Then again they could be government funded.
    {terry scouse}

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast