Thread: I Have a Plight - Update

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default I Have a Plight - Update

Hi All,
    sorry we have not been on line for quite a while, we have just had so much going on in one way and another. I am pleased to tell you that we have made headway in the search for my Father so much so that we have a, potential, name. This has come about via the Ancestry site, a cousin was flagged up in Liverpool and I sent an email explaining my situation to which he was very interested to help. He was already well into the research of his family tree so was up for a challenge. After a few weeks he contacted me to say that he had got someone in mind who was a good possibility of being my Father, he made arrangements to go and see my potential Aunt, (my Fathers sister), he showed her all the information that had passed between him and myself. My potential aunt has five brothers all of whom were sailors and the one that my cousin thought it could be has now changed after talking to her, unfortunately he has passed away but has two children. They have now been told of my existence and are quite excited as I am too and we are currently waiting for the results of the DNA test that they have now done. With the hope of this being a positive outcome and with the permission of his family I would like to share with you his name as you have all been so supportive and some of you may even have known him.
    Richard, thanks for reading my thread and as you can see the Ancestry DNA has done its job, hopefully. DNA testing was the only way I could get this going right from the start what with having no name so we have come a long way.

Many thanks to all for your ongoing support,

Warmest regards

Beverley McNamara

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: I Have a Plight - Update

Thanks for the update Beverley,
    fingers crossed that all continues
    to go well.

Regards,

Keith.

3. Thanks Beverley McNamara thanked for this post