Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Benefits ups and downs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Current update on the state of the British Merchant Navy

Cappy, Its not as easy as you think to get onto disability benefits, Rob got his because he is obviously genuinely disabled, These shirkers who boast of getting this getting that, Most of them are dreamers and like you to think there beating the system, Not many these days get away with that,

Figures obtained by ITV News have revealed that around 100 disability claimants are losing their car benefit every week.
    According to Motability, who lease cars and powered wheelchairs to the disabled, 3,000 out of 8,000 of their customers who have so far been reassessed have lost their eligibility for the scheme and have therefore had to give up their vehicles.
    And this could rise to more than 100,000.
    Those affected have been left angry, isolated and confused. They feel nothing about their condition has improved – but the way they are being treated has worsened.
    The charity Motability says it has seen drivers having to leave their car leasing scheme as their Disability Living Allowance (DLA) is replaced with a new benefit called Personal Independent Payment (PIP). I don't believe in fairies mate. You only get the benefits these days if you genuinely need them. Terry.
    {terry scouse}

2. Thanks robpage, happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

###fortunately terry i know nothing about the benefit system.....i am refering to the likes of the guy in shields copping for over 100 grand over 4 years 25 grand a year terry...there are thousands like him .......it makes my blood boil to think i pay money so these bums and stiffs can get the use of my hard earned money.....a woman on tele..a single mother with 5 kids ....using the provy thousands in debt .....spending 400 quid on each child at xmas ......because she ses she had nowt when she grew up ...paying 5000 percent to the provy ......it was meant to be assistance not a way of life i have no problem with genuine causes.....i am not mean charities have done well out of my family ......but there are thousands of bums milking the system ....that is my statement and i stand by it .....no further comment on this from me terry ok....cappy

4. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cappy, No animosity between us mate I agree with you, Its just that the days of going to your doctor and getting a sick note for a bad back then ending up getting over 100 k in benefits are gone. There is currently people who where transferred from incapacity benefit to the new ESA Getting assessed for premiums that they where entitled to yet never received. Esther McVey...…………………

Disability
    Esther McVey makes disability benefits U-turn over payments
    High court ruling says policy was discriminatory against people with mental health issues
    Anushka Asthana Political editor
    Fri 19 Jan 2018

The new welfare secretary, Esther McVey, has asked the DWP to go through all affected cases in receipt of PIP.
    Up to 164,000 people are in line for increased disability benefits after ministers gave in to a high court ruling that said government policy had been “blatantly discriminatory” against people with mental health conditions.
    In a major U-turn, the new work and pensions secretary, Esther McVey, said she would not challenge the December ruling that found changes to personal independence payments (PIPs) could not be justified.
    Campaigners called the announcement a major victory for thousands of disabled people who had faced “crude and unfair distinctions” between those with physical impairments and mental health conditions.
    McVey’s decision overturns moves by ministers last spring to stop people qualifying for enhanced payments within the mobility component of PIP for reasons of “psychological distress”. The decision led to an outcry from campaigners and many disabled people who lost money.

Individuals with conditions such as severe anxiety and bipolar disorder warned that they were scared to leave the house and needed support to walk 200 metres, but were stripped of payments because they did not need a stick or a physical aid.
    A challenge to the high court resulted in a judgment before Christmas last year, in which Mr Justice Mostyn said: “In my judgment, the 2017 regulations introduced criteria ... which were blatantly discriminatory against those with mental health impairments and which cannot be objectively justified.”
    Charities widely expected McVey to challenge the decision but she said the government had decided not to do that, although she said ministers did not agree with some of the detail of the ruling.
    “Our intention has always been to deliver the policy intent of the original regulations, as approved by parliament, and to provide the best support to claimants with mental health conditions,” she said.
    However, she has now asked the Department for Work and Pensions to begin an exercise going through all affected cases in receipt of PIP.

“We will then write to those individuals affected, and all payments will be backdated to the effective date in each individual claim. I hope that by making this statement it is clear that the government is committed to improving the lives of people with mental health conditions,” she said in a written ministerial statement.
    Officials would not put a number on how many people might be affected but a government impact assessment did suggest 164,000 claimants could be affected by the change to the mobility component of PIP. However, not all will have gone for a reassessment during the period since the changes, so will not all receive backdated payments. Some of the back payments could and will exceed £20.000.
    {terry scouse}

6. Thanks Tony Taylor, happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Likes Tony Taylor, Ken Norton liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2