Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Warming

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Global Warming

Sorry Captain, but I've put data and names twice on this subject: Volcanos are not the problem they are natural events and bear no part of the pre-industrial vs today's climate controversy. They have been eruptions forever and will do so in the future they are considered into the natural order of things (think of Pompeii (Mount Versuvius ), Tambora, Indonesia, etc.)). Scientist: volcanologists, climatologists etc. factor these things into the equation.

It's unnatural occurrences that are the problem and the majority are removable or at least vastly reduced.

The freezing of polar ocean surfaces and defrosting is not a problem either that's just replacing a form of water back into its origin. It is land ice defrosting that is the problem. it is additional water adding and raising the levels of the oceans Rainwater is a normal replacement of evaporation which is a mixture of both ocean water and rain from the land, a cycle event, think of a revolving door, or of this never ending discussion.

Land ice melting into the ocean from the polar caps is an addition and it consists of trillions of mega tons of ice that acts as a reflective shield from the heat of the sun. Lessoning that shield will cause the heat to be absorbed into the oceans and the land instead of being reflected back into space and raise the levels of parts of the ocean, thus causing loss of land mass and heating both land and oceans.

My reoccurring bouts of masochism have ended.

Cheers, Rodney

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have just watched the film , The Curse of Goddess Pele, of Hawaii, https://youtu.be/buyoo5oxqzM

very interesting History of the Hawaiian peoples with their goddess of fire Pele.
    Maybe not so much Global Warming but all about its Volcano ruled by the Goddess Pele. through the ages then Cook called in followed by the Missionaries followed by the annexation of the US, iTS POPULATION REDUCED BY 95%
    due to Venerial Diseaes from the Sailors who called in there,
    Interesting,
    I love Hawaii and its Polynesian roots,
    I was very close to death in Hawaii in 2013 and my life was saved there so that is why I love the place,

The video is a very interesting story of the Hawaiian history,
    Aloha
    Brian,

- - - Updated - - -

3. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How to reduce CO2 world wide?
    Well a recent discovery that clinker from disused steel works has been shown to naturally absorb CO2 and an experiment in the states where along with CO2 absorption it is also a good fertilizer.
    Rgds
    J.A.

5. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi John.
    Saw`a program on TV last night about using the slag heaps in Wales as a starting point in absorbing CO2, hopefully this will get rid of CO2 and the slag heaps.
    Cheers Des

7. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rodders, you and I are not so far apart on this as it may appear.
    I too am in favor of cleaning up the planet, but not of the hype that goes with it.

Latest from the UN, Methane levels continue to rise along with Co2 levels.

There are many ways to control Co2, something needed to produce air for us to breath. One of the best, plant more trees and plant life.

But the problem with Methane is different as all mammals on this planet produce it, all matter that decomposes produces it.

How we control that is far more of a problem than any other if we are to believe in, though I do not, in Climate Change made by man.

One concept put forward a couple of years ago by a British scientist concerning some of the small islands 'sinking', has nothing to do with rising waters bur more by the draining of all underground fresh water for drinking.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

9. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes Rodney Mills, vic mcclymont liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One concept put forward a couple of years ago by a British scientist concerning some of the small islands 'sinking', has nothing to do with rising waters bur more by the draining of all underground fresh water for drinking.

Now I have heard everything. One would have to be brain dead to come up with that as just sheer logic would disprove it. Anyway every bit of drinking water has been recycled if you put your mind into logical thinking.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

11. Likes j.sabourn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Les that’s like the logic of some who say pure rain water is ideal for drinking, when in fact it is probably the dirtiest water going. Picks up all the dirty molecules and anything else going in the atmosphere before entering your stomach regions. JWS

13. Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On tankers that never touch ground we used to have all our water off the evaporators bloody awful getaway you could drink it with put whiskey in it I think the sa Vaal had a remineralizing plant and then evaporated I could do 400 tonnes a day but the drinking had minerals added back into it could be wrong
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

15. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    Hi John.
    Saw`a program on TV last night about using the slag heaps in Wales as a starting point in absorbing CO2, hopefully this will get rid of CO2 and the slag heaps.
    Cheers Des

The theory is in a very early stage and if proved workable,
    may take a fair while to become practical.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by robpage View Post
    On tankers that never touch ground we used to have all our water off the evaporators bloody awful getaway you could drink it with put whiskey in it I think the sa Vaal had a remineralizing plant and then evaporated I could do 400 tonnes a day but the drinking had minerals added back into it could be wrong
    Correct Rob.
    Vic

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast