Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Warming

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: Global Warming

UN Climate Change Conference, Poland, 14 December.

Take Your Seat!

Don't miss your chance to join world leaders & have your say on
    the defining issue of our time - climate change.

2. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Globle Warming

It was hotter in 1911 107 years ago.

Sunday 9th of July 1911. USA 652 deaths in a week reported during a heatwave.

Wednesday. 9th of August.1911. London. Hottest day in the capital for 70 years..91 Degrees Fahrenheit in the shade.

Saturday 26th of August. 1911 London. Reported that 2500 children have died in the recent heatwave.

Monday 28th of August. 1911. Thousands die in record heatwave. The recent record-breaking heatwave with temperatures of up to 97 degrees
    has sent Britain's death rate soaring. with a mortality rate for all ages of 19 per 1,000, London is now the second most unhealthy city in the world.
    It is children who are most at risk. During the last week of July, 382 children up to the age of two died in the city. In the week just ended the
    figure rocketed to 855. Questions are being asked as to whether the authorities have done all they could counter the distressing loss of life.

4. Thanks cappy, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

##fred i think you are wasting your time .....some folk are determined to believe ......WE ARE DOOMED CAPTAIN MAINWARING DOOMED I SAY REGARDS CAPPY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Was even hotter in 1900

Saturday 11th August 1900. USA. 26 die in record high temperatures in up to 107 degrees F.

Don't worry Cap have got plenty of time to waste.

7. Likes Captain Kong, cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There are lies from both sides simply because each are trying to outdo each other. As for global warming it might pay to ask the residents on low lying islands especially of the coast of Australia as the sea is creeping up to their homes. Here in Oz we have a governement in power that will kick out anyone in the party that even looks at the problem hence the revolving door on the PM office. Their mantra is to ignore anything that will impact on revenue from the miners. As for the assertion that bush fires are started by idiots well a small number of them are but most are started by nature and yes the greens have made it harder by protesting against winter burn offs. Personally think that we should be taking heed of scientists warnings and doing more to cut pollution and if we get it wrong the result will still be a cleaner world but if those idiots coming up with wacky tales of it not happening what will be the result if they get it wrong. For me it is a no brainer which way we all should be going. Especially in a country like ours that could end up being a world leader in alternate energy. To all those that want to stick their heads in the sand and believe all the rhetoric that is being aired by both camps all I can say is open ones eyes and start using that grey matter between you lug holes.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

9. Thanks N/A, Rodney Mills, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Les Woodard View Post
    Personally think that we should be taking heed of scientists warnings and doing more to cut pollution and if we get it wrong the result will still be a cleaner world but if those idiots coming up with wacky tales of it not happening what will be the result if they get it wrong.

Totally, agree.

Keith.

11. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

RLT, there was a poem written here many years ago,
    'I love a sunburned country a land of sweeping plains
    Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains'

Fact is we get these storm cell blasts from time to time, just a natural occurance for us here in Oz.

The current bush fires in Queensland are partly as a result of not burning off surplus undergrowth, somethin that we do on a regular basis to reduce fire risk.
    According to the news today an objection to the annual burn off took place so no burn off.

But it matters not whether you believe in the concept of Global warming/climate change or not there is nothing wrong in cleaning up the planet.

Adani, the richest man in India is to finance the new coal mine in Queensland, gov will not support him.

Millions of tons of coal will be taken to India to service their power stations.
    The leader of the Greens here in Oz said we must stop all coal use, but when questioned on how a Bessemer converter would work with out coal his reply,
    Well that is coking coal a different thing?????l

Coal is coal as far as most are concerned.

But is the climate actually changing, are the tropics different, are the sub tropics different, are the temperate zones different, are the arid zones different, and are the artic zones different?

They are the climates, but weather patterns are not.
    I attempted to discuss the matter with our Feral MP, not interested he said the party, Labor, has put its ideas forward and that is all you need to know.
    So are we to be continually treated as mushrooms by those who will use the concept of Climate change to suit their own ends??

More food for thought Rodders?
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

13. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Volcanoes shove out far more gases and pollution than the whole of the worlds population,
    I was in Hawaii last year watching Kilauea, and Mauna Loa, pouring Billions of tons of Lava into the sea, The sea was BOILING, that hot water is going round the Pacific with the currents affecting climate. The island of Hawaii is growing BIGGER with the Trillions tons or cubic metres of lava dispersing the sea. increasing sea levels.

That is only one island, there are hundreds of volcanoes around the world, from Iceland to Antarctica, the Pacific and Asia, Africa, the Americas north to Cape Horn.
    I have seen them all , Non Believers should go and see for yourselves, before making statements you do not understand and listening to rubbish from the greens.
    There is a world beyond the end of your street, Go and educate yourselves. See the Truth.

"River Of Fire" by Karen Whitworth.Surface Lava Flow and ...........

from google.................

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/480548222717122742/

Surface Lava Flow and Ocean Entry of Hawaii's Kilauea Volcano. It has been in a constant state of eruption for decades and is a favorite place of ... on 500px Photography Photos, Nature Photography, Popular Photography, Travel.
    I think this red stuff pouring out of volcanoes pollute the earth far more than my little car.,
    Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 30th November 2018 at 11:28 AM.

15. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    The Volcanoes shove out far more gases and pollution than the whole of the worlds population,
    I was in Hawaii last year watching Kilauea, and Mauna Loa, pouring Billions of tons of Lava into the sea, The sea was BOILING, that hot water is going round the Pacific with the currents affecting climate. The island of Hawaii is growing BIGGER with the Trillions tons or cubic metres of lava dispersing the sea. increasing sea levels.

That is only one island, there are hundreds of volcanoes around the world, from Iceland to Antarctica, the Pacific and Asia, Africa, the Americas north to Cape Horn.
    I have seen them all , Non Believers should go and see for yourselves, before making statements you do not understand and listening to rubbish from the greens.
    There is a world beyond the end of your street, Go and educate yourselves. See the Truth.

"River Of Fire" by Karen Whitworth.Surface Lava Flow and ...........

from google.................

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/480548222717122742/

Surface Lava Flow and Ocean Entry of Hawaii's Kilauea Volcano. It has been in a constant state of eruption for decades and is a favorite place of ... on 500px Photography Photos, Nature Photography, Popular Photography, Travel.
    I think this red stuff pouring out of volcanoes pollute the earth far more than my little car.,
    Brian
    Brian, to my knowledge there is nothing we can do about the eruption of Volcanos, but we certainly can do something about pollution being generated by dirty industries and man. I am sure we all agree we could do a lot more recycling. How about this for an idea, not my idea by the way I am sure we have all heard this one. Some one from A GREEN PARTY/Supermarket checkout? at telling the old lady she needs to recycle more. The old lady reminded them that Milk used to come in Glass bottles, your meat from the butcher was wrapped in Grease proof paper, Sodapop came in Glass bottles, fish &chips folded in old newspapers etc!! Single use Plastics is something that certainly can be sorted. When see the likes of Whales that have been washed upon beaches and when they are opened up and the amount of plastics they have consumed is very worrying. Yes there is no one more efficient than the Human race at destroying things. We are all guilty , Iput my hands up we run 2 diesel cars, one is a cleaner diesel than the other aging C3 Citreon I run s a puddle jumper.

17. Thanks Captain Kong, Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

https://youtu.be/yZptnjZvuRc

A film of Hawaii, I have been on this volcano on the Big Island, Awesome,
    I also climbed Mout St Helens in Washington State , Awesome, what these volcanoes can destroy

19. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast