Thread: The economy stupid!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default The economy stupid!

about 20 years ago staying at a motel owned by an ex banker we got to talking about the world economy.
    He told me that the West was very concerned about what they called the 'Chindra' syndrome, the rise of China and India.

The West he told me will do any thing to avert the rise of these two nations as they consider them a threat to the manner in which the West operates.

Yesterday the UN climate control committee came out with a report saying that all coal use must cease by 2050 if we are to prevent any further Global warming.
    Such a move would have a bigger effect on China, Japan, South Korea and India, all of whom rely on coal fired power stations for energy. They have developed, and are improving, the clean coal technology.

At the same time the IMF issues a list of the top economic nations and their current position.
    They have predicted where they will be by 2030 if the current situation continues.

One comment of interest was about BREXIT which said that the UK currently at number 10 will remain so after BREXIT and beyond.

Germany currently at 9 will slip to 13, Indonesia currently at 11 will rise to 5.

No surprise that China will by then be number 1, India 2, USA 3, Japan 4.

There will be other countries that will either move up or down on the sale.

Here in Australia we are currently in the grip of an El Nino, warming of the southern seas brings drought and higher than normal temperatures, it is usually followed by La Ninia when heavy rain and cooler temperatures prevail.

Many scientist have for some years blamed he El Nino on part of the global warming problem.

Today that fact was brought into fact, not supposition as has often been the case.
    It is brought about by a natural drop in trade winds which occurs every 4 to 5 years, as such it does not contribute to any form of warming.
    This situation has been going on far longer than any attempt to use it as part of the blame, sailing ships as far back as the 1600's knew of the trade wind changes from time to time.

If we were to take politics out of the equation there is every possibility the concern about climate change etc would soon disappear.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The economy stupid!

To my mind there has been some increases in the climate temperature overall and as such some low-lying island will become at risk . Whilst countries like the United States and India and China refuse to do anything about global warming the rest of us who are listening carefully to the green lobby and being taxed for all the non green things we do won't make the slightest impact on the ultimate temperature rises . I think if you go back over millions of years the earth as always manage to be self regulatory when it comes to its climate . I still think that we should do a little bit to contribute towards a healthier atmosphere but it's time we took this out of politics and it's time everybody started heading in the same direction
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )