Thread: Man's best friend

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Man's best friend

Hopefully this is allowed...

I've had 4 dogs in my life, 2 as a kid, 1 as an adult and my current 'pup' as a nearly senior!

I lost my best friend Skippy who had seen me through divorce, break ups, moves andi jobs on January 16th 2006. For years I could face the thought of another dog taking his place until December 2014 when I spotted 'Eddie Munster' on a local rescues's Facebook page and knew we had to adopt him.

Well it didn't go too smoothly when after meeting him we were told another couple were getting him as they'd previously adopted from this rescue. We were heartbroken and leaving close to tears when the couple came up to us and said we should be the ones to adopt him as they'd seen the bond between us.

Well my wife rushed across the street to withdraw the adoption fee and we took him home, about an hour later I left for work, as such he bonded well with her and protects her loyally but we have a real Dad and dog 'boys' relationship/bond.

We renamed him Jerry, after the Sailor Jerry rum as we had previously had problems with someone named Eddie.

So some pictures of him.

SDG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Man's best friend

Shaun, I know what you mean.
    We lost our last cat in late May and thought that after some 48 years of having one in the house that was it.
    But three weeks ago we saw one in a pet refuge, sad little guy about a year old.
    According to the manager there this one had been through the mill.
    Well after three weeks he is now boss of the house, and what a cat, bit of a bitser, tail like a skunk, body like a Ferret, ears of a Fox and nose of a Rat.
    Follows here in doors around like a dog.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

3. Likes dave moore, Shaun Gander liked this post