Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: I wish to god ? this government

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default I wish to god ? this government

Would stop wrangling amongst them selves over Brexit and get on with the job in hand {NEGOTIATING OUR EXIT } And i am not getting political when i say it would have been far better to take the vote away from all MPs on the referendum and let the people decide which they have what government should be doing getting a deal for G.B. They are doing far to much arguing between each other over what they believe is the right way forward. That is not how democracy works, Majority rule, The vote was carried in favor of out for heavens sake get an exit strategy together and get out.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I wish to god ? this government

The only time we can get back at them Terry is at the ballot box, those MPs who are obstructing the will of the people need to be gone, it matters not what they think, its the people who have spoken, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When political parties do not get the result that they want you can be assured that they will accept the verdict then start dragging the chain until they get enough support to re arrange the verdict to what they wanted in the first place. Or take the referedum back to the people. Seen it so many bloody times over the years especially here in Oz. In the eighties we went to a referedum about having a photo Australia card and it was soundly beat. Guess what? We now have photo licences and they are used as a substitute Australia card. Can not count the amount of arguments I have been in when some anus wipe wants me to produce my licence LOL
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Politicians like them or not are there for two things.
    One is their belief, no one else does, that they can make a difference.
    And so often they do, they continue to find ways to stuff things up, fixing something that is not broken is a favorite of many.
    the other of course is to get a big fat pension when they eventually get kicked out.

Our opposition leader was on TV last night on a program I do not normally watch, but did for about ten minutes.

As I watched and listened I began to realize this guy would haver done so well back in USA in the 1800's selling Snake Oil.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Red Lead Ted, Samuel Denton liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A politician was interviewed on TV and stated "It was time to let the Government get on with Brexit in stead of meddling by over 600 MP's". He also stated that he believes "that this pratting about is seen as weakness by Brussels and therefore they are unwilling to discuss rational proposals".
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

if we did not like a result of a general election we just got on with it we lived with it?? so why all the toing and froing over the result of a democratic vote by the British public. it is the job of all MPs to work for the sake of the country whatever the way the vote went? what is the problem with that if they are voting in parliament against the will of the people to which they clearly are then they are not working for the people and therefor be dismiss from any government office its not bloody rocket science ? jp

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, those opposed to BREXIT, and they are on both sides, do so as they think there would be something in it if they stay.
    Good government, and we get very few of them, put the nation first in all matters.

Many laugh at Trump, but good or bad in his decisions he does so in the honest belief it will be good for USA.
    Much of it in the long run may not, but he is at least attempting to put the country first.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

john my point if you are a labour man and conservatives get in power you took it on the chin and got on with it but this crowed that's in have not a clue what to do? you go with the democratic vote of the people and some clearly have not. its the jobs of all in government to work for the people not themselves their view means nothing the people pay their wages some of sin the people spoke but it fell on deaf ears to some? jp

12. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, the main problem here though is a threat to democracy by those opposed to BREXIT and attempting to destabalize it.
    The people made a decision by referendum, and under the constitution of the land the gov of the dat must enact the result.

Those who do not like it and attempt to change it are undemocratic and a real threat.

Were they to win it would then mean that any result could be overturned just because some were not happy with it.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

14. Likes Keith Tindell, Red Lead Ted liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

this could and should open a can of worms in general elections how many parties promise everything and nothing changes ALL OF THEM? so what is the difference. people voted ? over 17.000.000 and yet a few try and throw a spanner in the works because they did not like the result the same thing should now happen after every election when the party that comes second can veto the result its exactly the same situation as this brexit ?work together the country is more important than egos of anyone? jp

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast