Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: I wish to god ? this government

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I wish to god ? this government

the other payers over 2% are Poland and Estonia , look why the Greek military budget is so high , nothing to do with Turkey , but more to do with yhe German bail - out in 2015
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

2. Likes cappy, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lewis, think we could take a leaf out of the Greek book on defence, what with all the rumbles, Trump, NATo, germany Russia etc, can see us being on our own against Europe again at the rate things are going. But there again we could capitulate, and become a junior member of the greater EU, ie the Krauts, kt
    R689823

4. Likes cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just watched the 10 o'clock news on ITV, and low and behold Junker was almost incapable of standing up, propped up by the rest of the commissioners, he could only just walk. If anyone still believes that we should still belong to this EU shambles , surely they must be blind. drunken Junker commissioner for life and one of the EU,s powerful men, bloody disgrace, kt
    R689823

Lewis McColl Guest

Think alcohol plays a major part in politics regardless , let's face it they are pigs with there snouts in the trough.

7. Likes Keith Tindell liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was in favour of remain but the more I see of the antics of our politicians of all colours and flavours and the behaviour of the European Parliament and the European Commission the more that my mind has been turned to be out of that show will be good
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

From what I can glean from our biased media here in Oz is that May is fecking around with the system until she gets a result that appeases all the remainers within her party. It is sickening watching them manipulate everything to get the result that is acceptable to not only the die in the wool remainers but also those in Europe. They do it every fecking time.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For some reason the media particularly BBC and the tabloid press seem to want to linger in Europe and I think there is a high degree a rumour and fake news that is coming out from that media look at today's incident where the reporting the sun was totally contradicted by Donald Trump the trouble is I believe neither of them . The referendum was a simple in or out vote and a lot of people voted forgetting about the economic ties that we have they've voted about immigration and wresting back control from the European Court that part I wholeheartedly rules agreed with but I felt the we should stay because of the economic ties . Democracy however rules but it was always clear absolutely crystal clear that we would on exit leave the single market otherwise we would be bound by the rules with no vote as it was crystal clear that we would leave the customs Union the problem is half the people never read what they voted for they just got carried away in the fervour of let's get our immigration under control and let's get our sovereignty back they voted without thinking because the social media had a huge let's get out campaign

11. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not very different from any general election where the people often vote for what is being offered in the belief the polic will deliver. Fat chance of that, they only offer what will bring them votes with a reason later as to why that can no longer be done.

But democracy in the west is based mainly on first past the post, the people voted out, no matter what problems that y may bring, out is what they asked for.

It is no good the PM attempting to cuddle up to the remainers in the hope of getting some form of second rate deal as those MP's will no doubt be out at the next election if the people think they have been given a bum deal.

Out should mean out of all commitments, there ae more than enough other markets where, if UK goods are god enough, can be sold.
    But the EU will still need a market to sell their goods and what they currently sell to UK will little change.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well, whatever fiasco T, May takes us into, don't blame her, blame all the remainers ,who from day one set out to scupper the democratic vote, and have weakened our bargaining position greatly. I hope the MPs who decided the people should not have what they voted for, ie Vince Cable and a host of others, have their just deserts at the ballot box next time around.Just wait for the moans from the remainers when they realise that whats coming is not what they wanted either, just don't let me hear them grizzle, they will get an earful , and that will include my own son, kt
    R689823

14. Likes robpage, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have worked with European regulations for almost 30 years and a lot of them are very good and very advantageous and many will work out in conjunction with an historically from the British Standards Institute . The referendum gave me the choice of in or out not a bit of

I like some of the European free trade agreement again haven't encountered it whilst working in the food industry some of it is very good but the referendum gave us in and out not just selecting a bit of it

I like the freedom to cross the borders at will and again the referendum gave her the choice in and out not just picking a bit of it

No matter who held the poisoned chalice of party leadership at a time when I believe David Cameron call the referendum in a hope to Silence is we want to believe in England Wales and Scotland with Northern Ireland as an independent Kingdom separate from Europe . He took a gamble And lost and I believe in a gentlemanly manner he resigned .

We need to embrace democracy no matter what we thought and it's a huge shame and embarrassment that we can't stand together and say that was the will of the majority no matter how small that majority was even if there have been one vote in it

I've resigned myself to brexit and I've accepted that the majority of the country wants out and that my choice of a little bit out wouldn't work under any circumstances we would be paying to be at the party and not allowed to pick the menu

The longer that people undermine the government and undermine the negotiation the worst deal we'll get the best thing that could happen is all parties to stand together and say the electorate has voted us out of Europe let's present a United front , but the opposition seems to have a duty to oppose no matter how sensible or desirable the government's proposals are the opposition must oppose them very sad state of affairs let's just get on get out and get the best deal we can

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast