Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: I wish to god ? this government

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I wish to god ? this government

I was a remainer but every time the Euro Crats open their mouths they are pushing me towards the Brexit door.

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Bodiam View Post
    Not only did we get photo I.D.on our licences, but also everybody got a tax file number and a medicare number so these were also means to identification of every "legal" citizen.
    There was absolutely no problem with having an I.D. card to most law abiding people and the people screaming loudly about their right to privacy were the ones with something to hide.
    In reality true Democracy is not a 2 party political system where party priorities come before the populations.
    I have nothing to hide but still opposed the use of drivers photo licence as proof of person simply because we had a referedum for a Australia card and it was soundly beaten into the ground. The problem I have with it is because there are so many upstarts and bombastic anus wipes out there that demand proof of who you are. Just as an example? If I go to a club for any reason I am supposed to produce my driving licence to enter the club. Not being a member of the local club I am not allowed to enter this establishment because I live to close to it. But the members of that club can enter my local without having to prove who they are. It is not the principle of having a photo identification forced upon us but the fact that it was introduced without consent of the population.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

4. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Les, many of the clubs in NSW now require driving licence ID to enter but only if you want to play the pokies.
    If only going for a meal there is no requirement I was informed in Moama where I am a member.

As to BREXIT, the thing no one can understand is that most of the countries within EU will want to continue trade with UK.
    If not they have to find new markets, not easy for some.
    So the idiots who run the show from Brussels, well named as they are nothing better than a load of sprouts, have little or no concept of how trade works,.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Have not got a clue as to the rules on entering a club in Victoria and would not presume to know but can say that in NSW (well the areas I go to) one has to sign in just to progress past the foyer and show proof of identity to prove that you are outside the compulsary memebership area. There are a few country ones that are a bit more relaxed on the rules. As for only showing ID for poker machines have not heard that one banded about. Also need to sign in a temporary member to get a drink from the bar so do not know where your info came from just wish whoever told you would convey that message to the registered clubs mob for sure.

Club rules for visitors

Many people attempt to enter a licenced club without being aware there are entry requirements imposed by the Registered Clubs Act 1976 and the clubs' own rules.
    A visitor can enter a club that allows temporary membership if they meet any of the following criteria:
    1. They reside more than 5 kilometres from the club, or
    2. Member of another club that has similar objectives, or
    3. Member of another club and invited to attend an organised sporting event.
    Usually, you sign in and given a temporary membership (except if you are attending a sporting event).
    Visitors should present photo ID (such as a drivers licence) with current address. Also, some clubs may apply a greater distance than 5km.
    If you are attending a function, such as a wedding, those guests who are not eligible to enter as temporary members can usually enter as guests of a member attending the wedding. But the club's rules may limit the number of guests a member can sign in. The club should make the function organiser aware of the rules at the time of booking.
    Clubs can limit the number of times a person can be admitted as a temporary member through their club policy, to encourage people who use the club to have a sense of ownership of the club and be bound by its rules. When you are a member you can sign in your guests.
    Entry requirements
    Age restrictions
    Persons must be 18 years or over to enter most areas of a licenced club.
    Minors can enter designated areas, as approved, including alcohol-free functions. See entry for minors.
    Area restrictions
    Minors are not permitted to enter gaming machine area.
    Last edited by Les Woodard; 18th June 2018 at 04:07 AM.

7. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Les, those three 1,2,3 you posted were the rules here in Vic at one time many years ago but now long gone.

We go regularly to Moama in NSW and have no problems getting into any of the clubs there.
    Only need to sign in if not a member and going to play the pokies.
    The only reason for this is that should you win big, one that requires payment from the cash desk if not signed in no payout.

But for playing and only getting what the machine spits out no sign in required.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well Terry, not sure about the UK gov but here in Oz it was announced today that the EU is to begin negotiations with us for a free trade agreement.
    Some female from Brussels was on TV with our PM and trade minister on about it.
    The drift from Brussels is that after BREXIT the Eu will need to find new markets.

Then word from our PM, the UK and Oz are to begin negotiations for a free trade agreement at the end of March next year.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Likes N/A, Jim Brady, Red Lead Ted liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

when is the penny going to drop and all the brains just say hang on we work for the people but none of them have they are our employees we vote they do simple unless all parties work together we will get nowhere as seen every day? jp

12. Likes vic mcclymont liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am sure John that like many clubs near the border they cater for the Mexicans and have relaxed their rules to cater for them.

Yes watched our bloody leader on the hustings for the next election talking about opening trade with the EU and can only think that the EU is trying to get in before the UK open dialogue with the Aussies. We have this Liberal coalition in power and what a load of back stabbing barstewards they are (took notes of Labour when they where in power and doing better at it) as we stagnate for a few more months until another election. Is it the same in the UK where they only ever look ahead to the next election while the country goes to the dogs. They want to extend their time in office from three years to four. My argument against this is simple. When they get in and start doing the right things towards those that elect them then they have no problem with getting elected again and again but if they stick to the same old routine that they are now, then thank heaven we only have to wait three years to kick the buggers out unlike state ones that do get four years.

14. Likes John Pruden, Red Lead Ted liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Canada, Mexico, US To Co-Host 2026 Football World Cup.

Each of the three countries will host some of the games. One proposal is for Canada and Mexico to each host 10 games, and for the United States to host 60 games.

Possibly, not the best time for a Mexican wall ?

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It would have been better for everyone if MPs had not been allowed to vote on this referendum, Keep there thoughts to themselves and get on with what there paid to do............................. Get the best exit strategy for the majority of people who voted out all working together whether government or opposition Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast