Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: I wish to god ? this government

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I wish to god ? this government

There are dirty underhanded tricks at work to stop the BREXIT, and i have a horrible feeling that what we are going to get out of this, is not what most of us hoped for. It will be a bit of this, and some of that. The EU politicians must be laughing at us, a parliament in disarray , and able to take us to the cleaners. We hung about too long before we started proceedings , we should have started straight away. As has been mentioned on here, the EU says we must honour our commitments, at the same time as none of them honour their payments to NATO, Germany the weariest country in EU pays a little over half what it should pay to NATO, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not only did we get photo I.D.on our licences, but also everybody got a tax file number and a medicare number so these were also means to identification of every "legal" citizen.
    There was absolutely no problem with having an I.D. card to most law abiding people and the people screaming loudly about their right to privacy were the ones with something to hide.
    In reality true Democracy is not a 2 party political system where party priorities come before the populations.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is real concern that the people will be shafted on BREXIT.
    Looking at the EU as a whole and the problems there, illegals, mass immigration, lack of facilities for many in refugee camps, why would any sensible person wish to be associated with an establishments such as that?

I see Spain has taken in some 600 boat persons after others rejected taking them.
    As long as they are taken by one country or another they will continue to come.

We stopped them here in Oz by taking a strong stand against the people smugglers, EU could do the same.

The UK needs to be a free and independent nation, free to trade around the world as it wishes, not just under orders of some faceless men in Brussels.
    The people need to, and must, stand up against these who would destroy democracy by there actions.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

john before we get all we need we have to have leaders with foresight and most of all backbone instead of whining at each other they get their jobs on the back of democratic voting systems yet the moaning starts if they don't get the result they want tough sh.t the only way is suck it up and get on together working for the good of the country? we have sat on our hands and let others rule us them days will have to be over getting in this country should be proven that they will make a difference to Britain clear out all the criminal element from our shores if not born here? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's time we had someone with a bit of a backbone to lead us.
    This constant sniping is giving Barnier bucket loads of ammunition.
    Davis, should say to Barnier let's have constructive meaningful talks, if you can't we are off and you and the EU all not get a penny.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Its nice to hear this morning that both political parties have largely united and thrown the Lords (unelected pissheads) recommendations out last night. If only all parties were to stick to what the people want, we should be stronger, the likes of Ken Clark, what office did he ever hold that was not a disaster, and princess Sourby should lose their seats next time round, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The house of Lords, unrepresentative swill, as one PM put it was in my mind a house of review, not the gov!
    They are there basically to rubbers stamp gov laws and bills and at times make suggestions for amendments which the gov does not have to accept.

The house of commons, the peoples house is the only one the people elect and the only one accountable to the people.

I see today in a report UK is now the worlds 5th richest nation.
    Maybe that is why EU wants you to stay?
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

According to Barnier, he doesn't want to negotiate with the UK. He stated that there is anything to negotiate at all as it is our fault for voting leave. Every concession we make is inadeqaute. That is from theEU Chief Negotiater, time to walk away and kick the miserable sods into touch.
    Vic

9. Thanks Keith Tindell thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=vic mcclymont;309105]According to Barnier, he doesn't want to negotiate with the UK. He stated that there is anything to negotiate at all as it is our fault for voting leave. Every concession we make is inadeqaute. That is from theEU Chief Negotiater, time to walk away and kick the miserable sods into touch.
    Vic[/

And if we did Vic, There would be a queue of countries in the E.U Willing to do the same we are not the only country that wants out, Time will tell Terry.
    {terry scouse}

11. Thanks Keith Tindell thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

said it many times on this site the eu is a house of cards when we do finaly leave others will follow we are one of the golden geese and so more cuts will have to be made in Europe and countries are already cut to the bone we shall see the plot is thickening ? jp

13. Thanks Keith Tindell thanked for this post
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast