Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: I wish to god ? this government

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I wish to god ? this government

In my humble opinion the EU is out tohumble the UK, Barnier appears to block any of our suggestions at will.
    Google free trade and Euroland, the EU has over 50 free trade agreements in place, yet it can't or won't have meaningful discussions with the UK.
    It's time the UK called their bluff, talk or we walk and take the £40b off the table.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

vic over the years I have posted the EU is a house of cards the richer holding up the poorer when we do finaly go and our contributions stop that's when the EU will fracture? the EU are already bossing other countries but the people will wake up like we have then the whole of Europe will face an economical breakdown and that's when wars start? just my view jp

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Theresa May: 'We risk ending up with no Brexit at all'

The prime minister has warned rebels on both sides of her party that there is no alternative to her Chequers plan.

Theresa May's blueprint for a future EU relationship is criticised by Brexiteers, while the US president also questions the plan.

Although she admitted there are concerns about her proposal to a "common rule book" with the EU for goods and customs traded within what she called a new "UK-EU free trade area", she said there is no alternative.

The Prime Minister has faced one of the worst weeks of her career with multiple front-bench resignations after she revealed her Brexit blueprint.

These included Brexit secretary David Davis and Foreign Secretary quitting after she unveiled the controversial Brexit blueprint.
    Critics have accused her of effectively keeping the UK in the EU by the back door, as well as agreeing to all of Brussels' demands.

Though possibly ending up neither really in or out, The PM insists it will restore our national sovereignty, end vast payments to the EU and “grasp the opportunities” of an independent trade policy.

The people voted out, out means out in total.

She said it could leave Britain unable to benefit from 40 existing trade arrangements.

And she sent a warning shot to Brussels, saying her Brexit deal is a “complete plan with a set of outcomes that are non-negotiable” in a Mail on Sunday article.

THERESA May has been urged to invoke the spirit of St George in talks with EU chiefs.

Ex-minister John Hayes told her abandoning Brexit red lines would be like removing them from the St George cross — leaving just “the white flag of surrender”.

Certain there will be much more news by the morning.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

be nice if the opposition groups realised negotiations go better if you never reveal what the bottom line is
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

5. Likes Keith Tindell, Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

rob like playing poker with your cards face up?? jp

7. Likes robpage liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I fail to understand how the loonies cannot see that John
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

9. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

rob we should have left the day after the vote and let them sort out what we can do or not? question!!! if we were to bring the leaving date forward to say one month from today the eu would be like rats in a barrel trying to sort out a deal or no deal we have farted around trying to please the remainers when we should honour the voters that voted leave it was a democratic vote the same as bringing conservatives into government its about time we came of the tit and stood on our own two feet we can and will trade with countries all over the planet? jp brexit my ar.e..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

we were honour bound by clause 50 to wait 24 months , but that would have run out a month ago

12. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I thought the date for out was set at March 29 2019?

But you do need a tough exit, if not the EU will continue to annoy you and find ways of making life very tough.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

now we have some clown asking for a new referendum ??? what happened to the last one and if we did would we have to put clause 50 again that's another two years then another referendum and so on? I said a few years ago on here walk away we will have a few hard years but will come out the other end on our own two feet ? jp

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast