Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I have a Plight.................

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I have a Plight.................

Hello Beverley
    Well now ew know your plight and the reason ,yes who knows what happen sin life and the outcomes!
    A quick Story very similar to yours is that in 1961 I had a Daughter with my First Wife,things did not work out and I left! My Daughter then being only 2 Years old.
    Anyway cutting this as short as I can,i posted a message on the Internet about 49 Years later asking similar to you, (I Did however include my name) and one day to my great surprise there was a reply from an old Friend back then!
    Again cutting things short he got hold of my lost Daughter in England and we were Re United as said 49 Years later!
    Now of course still keep in contact and she has been over to visit me ,as I went there first a few Years ago.
    Lots more to the story but would take too long!
    So who knows!! You may too one day get lucky!
    All the best and I know just how you are feeling! My Daughter told me as she too did not know if I was alive or dead!
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 7th March 2018 at 02:40 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

2. Thanks N/A, Richard Quartermaine thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Silly question I suppose Beverley but would Viv per chance have a Pic of this Person.
    And again if there was a Fling as you say is it possible that Viv knew him a bit better and may just sit and think and recall his name !?? Where did this happen ? Place that is! All just suppose!
    You mention he may have Liverpool/Irish connections ? Why did he have a precise accent ?
    Oh so many things to cling on!
    Cheers

So
    McNamara
    is your now Married name or adopted name ??
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 7th March 2018 at 02:41 AM.

R697530

4. Likes cappy, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Beverley, i have been following this post, and obviously the lads are doing their best to help, i am wondering if this could be worth a long shot ?, you may have seen the programs on ITV and discounted already, however best wishes in your quest, KT

6. Thanks Beverley McNamara, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, Beverley McNamara liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Forgot the link

long lost families itv, there is an application form online

8. Likes cappy, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Vernon,

Thank you for you reply. In relation to your questions, sadly no photos of said man. Viv has no recollection of said mans name. I will be talking to Viv this week and will mention where we are at the moment with this search.

My very first meeting with Viv she apologised for not being able to tell me anything about my Father other than what I have already posted, so I have never actually asked any her questions but maybe now is the time for this, however personal this may be. Viv is a lovely person and has been through many traumas in her life but has always come out fighting and I respect her immensely.

I feel very reluctant to ask her some imposing questions as if she cannot give me anything she may feel that she is letting me down and I don't want her to feel bad.

Fowey, Cornwall, UK is where is where the ship was docked and we assume that that is where they met but I will try and get more precise details from Viv.

Man told Viv that he was from the Liverpool area and my DNA results on Ancestry indicate Liverpool area with strong Irish connections.

On another note, it is really nice that your own daughter traced you and that you have had a really wonderful outcome.

If I may just ask a question without this sounding too personal, how did you feel when you realised that your daughter was looking for you?...Were you overwhelmed? ..Surprised?...Scared?...Emotional?...Thoughtful?. .. I have felt all of these emotions but I feel most scared that in the fact that, if my dad is still alive, that he may well reject me but I also have to accept that this may be the case and I have to understand that having not been in any part of his life, that this may not be something he may wish to pursue. Also, I have to be mindful that he may well have died.

I am so overwhelmed by the response of my post and that over 300 people have taken the time to view, I feel that I have been welcomed into this Community and for that, I thank each and every one of you.

I have now updated my profile with a mugshot and a little bit of info about myself, so that the people of the Community can put a face to somebody they are reading/posting about. I am normally a very private person, so for me, this is quite an exposing experience but I now realise that this is what had to happen, for me to get this far.

Thanks

Bev

10. Thanks N/A, Captain Kong, Doc Vernon, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your response but, to be honest, that level of exposure is too much for me.

I am an avid viewer of this TV Programme and obviously brings me thoughts of making contact with my Dad and how wonderful it is to see long-lost family being re-united but it is not for me.

Thanks again,

Bev

12. Thanks Keith Tindell, Doc Vernon, N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Bev
    do not think that this is a daft answer,,,,

Try Jeremy Kyle , his researchers in finding people with virtually no clues at all is really fantastic and he also does DNA to make sure he is the right person. I have seen many unbelievable cases on his TV program,

In the past I have used the Salvation Army from London to find people. last one was, I wanted to find a man in South Africa who had saved my life, , only knew his name from 42 years previously, They found him in Scotland. I met him to say Thank you on the Esther Rantzen TV show.

My grandmother using the Salvation Army searchers , found her husband who ran away to New Zealand leaving her with five kids., changed his name and married another woman, after over 30 years. she got a £1 note from NZ off him, nothing else.

SALVATION ARMY
    Territorial Headquarters, 101 Newington Causeway, London, SE1 6BN

Tel 0207 367 4500

so there is Hope

Cheers
    Brian

SALVATION ARMY
    Reuniting Families

helping to restore family relationships

About reuniting families

The Family Tracing Service restores and sustains family relationships by locating relatives who have lost contact with each other, either recently or in the past.

The Family Tracing Service restores and sustains family relationships by locating relatives who have lost contact with each other, either recently or in the past.

We know that for some clients searching for a family is an emotional experience. With this in mind, we provide a service that is professional, compassionate and non-judgemental, with support throughout the searching process.

Our dedicated team of caseworkers, who work on behalf of our clients, handle more than 2,000 new enquiries each year, with searches taking from as little as a few days to two years.

Sadly we cannot guarantee success in every search we undertake, although every effort will be made to trace the person sought. Of applications accepted our success rate is 88%, averaging at more than eight people being reunited every single working day.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 7th March 2018 at 03:51 PM.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Although the below is not the answer to your search.
    I add more for your information and to show that some
    still seek etc.

My name is @@@ and I l'ive in the United States in Texas. I have been looking for a woman that I should have married back in 1962. Her name is/was @@@ and she lived at 65 G Street in Saltash. I've found out that the house at that address was demolished in 1974. Local long time residents say the don;t know of her whereabouts so I'm hoping that maybe she or someone she knows will see .......................

BBC - Cornwall - Connected Message Board

More at the link above, may at least make interesting reading.

Keith.

15. Thanks Beverley McNamara thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello Beverley
    Thank you for the reply I hope that in time perhaps you will find some better clues to this puzzle!
    In answer to your question and no I don't mind at all.
    Yes I was
    Surprised?...Scared?...Emotional?...Thoughtful?.
    all of those,but after the actual meet,i found out so was my Daughter,i think that is just something most would feel.
    But I think that if per chance your Birth Father is found he too would be Estactic, But who knows hey!
    Keep plodding on and as the saying goes "Nothing Ventured nothing Gained" All the best
    Cheers

PS At the first actual meeting I know that we both were very Delighted and in Tears! In was to me the most wonderful thing
    And the Crowing after was to find that I had a great Son In Law and two more Grandkids as well! Yipeeee!
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 7th March 2018 at 07:20 PM.

R697530

17. Thanks N/A, Beverley McNamara thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Brian,

As much as your answer is very sensible, I don't think I can expose myself on TV in that way. I fully agree with what you are saying about the Jeremy Kyle show and yes, they do fantastic work from nothing but that is not the route for me.

Your use of the Salvation Army in finding somebody from 42 years ago with just a name is nothing short of brilliant but I haven't got a name although this will be an avenue I will be pursuing just in case they will be prepared to have a go for me.

On the note of your Grandmother, it is sad, good and bad. Sad because he left her with 5 children, Good because she found him and Bad for him sending just a measly £1. What a B.....d!!!!!

I want to really thank you for sending me the info ref: The Salvation Army.

Hope to speak soon

Bev

19. Thanks Captain Kong, N/A thanked for this post
    Likes Doc Vernon, cappy liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast