Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Children in need

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Children in need

tonight we are watching children in need watching it and the hardship mainly children are going through first it made me mad the money the government are giving away knowing it will never reach to people it supposed to? second the good work done by ordinary people unknown to most every day collecting to try and make a strangers life better? thirdly people who are getting away with millions in tax evasion finish up either a knighthood or a place in the lords? forth do we actually realise what we have here every day we have friends shipmates some we agree with some out to upset the applecart how lucky we have somebody just there were many have none please think about this when the banter stops take a minute to let you brain control your fingers not in malice if you need a fight go down to your local pub someone will oblige i'm sure my friends most of us have not got to many years in front of us lets go out without making enemies within the ranks here we are all the same fighting to get one more day? just my thoughts. jp friend to all here..

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: Children in need

There is some good after all. Thanks John.

Keith.

3. Likes N/A, Richard Quartermaine liked this post
    Bengy Roberts Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John Pruden View Post
    tonight we are watching children in need watching it and the hardship mainly children are going through first it made me mad the money the government are giving away knowing it will never reach to people it supposed to? second the good work done by ordinary people unknown to most every day collecting to try and make a strangers life better? thirdly people who are getting away with millions in tax evasion finish up either a knighthood or a place in the lords? forth do we actually realise what we have here every day we have friends shipmates some we agree with some out to upset the applecart how lucky we have somebody just there were many have none please think about this when the banter stops take a minute to let you brain control your fingers not in malice if you need a fight go down to your local pub someone will oblige i'm sure my friends most of us have not got to many years in front of us lets go out without making enemies within the ranks here we are all the same fighting to get one more day? just my thoughts. jp friend to all here..
    John,,The average boss of the UK’s top 100 charities is paid £255,000 a year, according to analysis by Third Sector. Fourteen of those charities paid their highest earners more than £300,000.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

PM Chat and discussions are most interesting.

Pos daylight saving is a blessing ?

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulliver View Post
    How times have changed ! Children in Need.My paternal grandfather John Willie,1888-1966 ,yes don't snigger,they were his real Christian names ,had about ten of we grandkids and nearly all of us,including the girls were little horrors when we visited him,although thankfully not all at the same time.
    He would have said "Need? What Children Need?.I tell you what children need-Send the little baskets to bed with no supper.That's what Children need."

Now who today would say or do that? You might perchance,ever so slightly ,fleetingly?) think that at times but I almost certainly know not one of us would do it these days for fear of a visit by the Police,Esther Rantzen (God Forbid ) ,the NSPCC or a vigilante group of left wing politically correct self--righteous do-gooder single mothers who usually have a 4 By 4,which of course is not a smart four wheeled drive vehicle but 4 kids by 4 fathers,and who have more disposable income per month than me with my state and taxed occupational pensions combined.

So I give a bit to CIN and always hope it gets to the actual children in need preferably in this country rather than in the purse of the likes of Mrs Mugabe to buy another diamond encrusted yacht.(Sorry African children) but glad your people are trying to eradicate those despots) but such is my cynicism I somehow doubt it.

By the way what my grandad thought never did me any harm ! Thanks John Willie !

Spot MacFarlane
    hi guliver
    you touch on the very spot that irks me,( give or we shall forever hold you in contempt, the demand not the request
    by the use of adverts that costs hundreds of thousands of pounds with successful actors beseeching our generosity, with a disdain or arrogance that we have failed to give to these poor afflicted people,
    just count the adverts over a period of two hours the amount of monies they are collecting for deaf donkeys lame mice, parrots with sore throats the list goes on and on,and if you where to put your hand in your pocket for these requests over the two hours you would be out of pocket by hundreds of pounds per year.
    this industry is now geared up whereby the directors of these charities are earning six figure sums and more per year plus expenses, and it is them that requires the monies for their gold plated pensions into retirement. and whatever trickles down to the needy is just a fraction of what is collected, so if anybody feels the need to give don't give to main charities. for the government out of the tax payers monies are giving over thirteen billion a year to charity, and that is not counting the intrest that has to be paid because these monies are borrowed, also one and half billion goes to the European union so they can decide what charities they will give it to.
    I myself have stopped donating to the lifeboat institute after seeing a lifeboat collection point in southport advertise the fact that they are now running a clean water project in Africa, most likely the surplus monies are burning a hole in the lifeboat institutes pockets.
    but getting back to these poor kids whom are in need, todate eight out of every ten kids born in London where not indigenous to this country, how many others are swamping the national health and social services of this country.
    tom

7. Thanks N/A, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

we should make the eu foot the bill for room and board for the millions they made us take? jp

9. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes thomas michael liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, they are now threatening to withhold a £5b rebate, which is due when we leave.
    Regards
    Vic

11. Likes thomas michael liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Pay us ? May is intent on deal or no deal.

Just my thought, she was never up for it anyway and may just pull out.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

vic the amount of cargo going through this country for Europe just slap them with an export tax? if they try to withhold that amount that is good for us we can just pull up stakes and scrap every law they made on us for the past 40 years. its all about money money we give them to keep other skint countries at the heel of the eu simple maths the eu is promising money they haven't got that's why the eu will fold its unworkable the ball is with us we should not go cap in hand to any corrupt organisation that's what we are doing money laundering on an epic scale billions go missing unaccountable every year we should have gone the day after the result of the vote we could not organise a p.ssup in a brewery they had meetings for a week the only thing the eu could come up with was pets going to Europe if that's the case it will take hundreds of years to throw the chains of its us got them by the bo..cks not the other way around?? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith at Tregenna View Post
    Pay us ? May is intent on deal or no deal.

Just my thought, she was never up for it anyway and may just pull out.

K.
    If you mean she pulls out with a no deal that's fine by me. The EU is hell-bent in pushing the UK in order to keep the other 27 members inline.
    One thing the remoaners forget, is that it is a two way street,whatever they do to us we can do to them.
    They have more to lose than we do, we buy more of their goods than we do of theirs.

15. Thanks N/A, thomas michael thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast