Thread: kim aint mad--fact

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: kim aint mad--fact

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    I was just thinking,
    How many countries has NK attacked since 1953 at the end of hostilities.??

How many countries has the US attacked since 1953.??

So who is the Good Guy and who is the Bad Guy??

Hi Brian,

Perhaps you should have posted this one on the 'Quiz Forum' ! Personally, I think they both wear black hats, mate.

.........Roger

2. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think everyone who frequents the movies has certain visions on how a nuclear war would develop. Whether right or wrong most will never be proved right or wrong . I think most secrets regarding such should have an absolute blanket of no information available. There has to be trust somewhere and scaring up visions of Trump running amok is not one conducive to the peace of the world. He is supposedly to be the leader of the free world and that makes all the people who voted for him guilty of abetting him in his so called criminal activitys. The animosity shown between the media and the president is a disgrace. Money against money and there purelyfor monetary gain. Every time the media show the dislike it puts another nail into their coffin of credibility. Cheers JWS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dyer View Post
    Hi John,

As you rightly point out, Kim, is indeed a highly dangerous individual and few would argue with your assessment of him. He is the leader of a people who for seventy years have viewed the U.S. with distrust and deep dislike. In view of his recent acquisition of nuclear capability it is hardly surprising he's adopted such a defiant attitude towards the U.S. and indeed the rest of the world. However, his careless disregard for China at the present time may well be his biggest mistake and may come back to bite him where it hurts the most.

Safeguards or not, Trump, is still the man who can cause trouble for the U.S. in the long term. I'm aware that some on this forum share your view that Donald is a great patriot, so with that in mind I draw your attention to the attached URL below. It is an audio copy of a programme "A Point of View' that was aired on BBC4 last Friday. A 10 minute dissertation by the author and magazine editor, Andrew Sullivan, who reminds us just how little Trump has achieved since coming to Office. If you do decide to listen to it, let me know what you think.

...Roger

BBC Radio 4 - A Point of View, The Apocalypse Hasn't Happened Yet

Roger, very interesting listening and I hope with out bias. Trump as I have said is his own worst enemy, he is attempting to run his presidency in the same manner as he runs his business, but it will never work in a political world.
    Much of his election campaign was in my opinion no different to any politician, they promise all manner of unattainable and many of the people fall for it.
    It was obvious things such as the 'wall' would hardly ever eventuate, but for those who considered the Mexicans to be taking jobs it was a gift.
    Unfortunately there is in my opinion no member of the media who will give an unbiased opinion, but that is the case with all matter reported on.
    Apart from the mess with NK, which as you rightly point out has been going on for many years now, only time will tell as to how good or bad he is.
    Unemployment is in decline, the US economy appears to be improving.
    This is not of his doing but from policies of previous presidents. It takes time for improvements, or otherwise, to flow through. It may not be until the next president as to how we will be fully able to discover how good or bad he was.
    His patriotic manner will of course resonate with many Americans, but that alone may not be enough to sustain the country.
    I do however believe he is currently being kept in check by the men behind the scenes, but for how long is another matter.
    I do hope that 'Smiley with the hair cut' is brought into line by China before he makes some stupid mistake which will see chaos for all.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    I was just thinking,
    How many countries has NK attacked since 1953 at the end of hostilities.??

How many countries has the US attacked since 1953.??

So who is the Good Guy and who is the Bad Guy??

But Brian, the USA only goes in to assist and stop the problem, they never start the war LOL
    But it is a fact that on just about every occasion when there has been a recession in US they have gone in to fight somewhere. Soaks up some of the unemployed.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Mills View Post
    Sorry Johnno, but you are wrong. POTUS has the say and can order the launch of nukes at any time. It does not require approval or agreement by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, or Congressional approval. In the event of a launch by N.K. or any other Nuclear Nation there is at most seventeen minutes between launch and arrival. An attack would require instant retaliation. Retaliation on N.K. would be in and estimated three minutes from notification, to go, to a N.K. waste land. The U.S. has nuclear armed submarines in all areas of interest. Such a short time window is why the authority is strictly in the hands of the leader of a nuclear country, Quotes of interest:.

"Donald Trump, December 15, 2015: “The biggest problem we have is nuclear—nuclear proliferation and having some maniac, having some madman go out and get a nuclear weapon. That's in my opinion that is the single biggest problem that our country faces right now.”"

"The "nuclear button" is a figurative term referring to the power to use nuclear weapons.[1] "Pushing the nuclear button" refers to actually using them. The actual procedure for using such weapons is more complex than simply pushing a button.[2] The "nuclear button" may be transferred to another official due to political changes or the incapacitation of a person currently in control of it.[3]"
    "Various nuclear countries have nuclear briefcases that accompany the leader (such as the president of the United States) allowing him or her to launch nuclear missiles at any time."

"A nuclear briefcase is a specially outfitted briefcase used to authorize the use of nuclear weapons and is usually kept nearby the leader of a nuclear weapons state at all times."

"In the atomic age, when decisions must be made very quickly, the presidency has evolved into something akin to a nuclear monarchy. With a single phone call, the commander in chief has virtually unlimited power to rain down nuclear weapons on any adversarial regime and country at any time."*

The 'nuclear laptop', as it has been nicknamed, is a black briefcase, the contents of which are to be used by the President of the United States of America to authorize a nuclear attack while away from fixed command centers, such as the White House Situation Room. It functions as a mobile hub in the strategic defense system of the United States.

Sleep easy tonight Johnno, Trump's watching over your safety.

Rodders.

Rodders, good to hear from you again.
    It just goes to show how misled many of the populous are.
    Here in Oz we have been lead to believe that Trump has the final say but only after others are involved.
    Had no idea he had so much instant power, but then of course the media will only put out what they think we want to know.
    So where to from now mate, will he press it in your opinion?

One may assume, maybe, that any western leader even Trump, would not act on their own on such matters, but hopefully consult with some others first??????
    Or is that too much to expect?
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 10th October 2017 at 06:33 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

7. Likes Roger Dyer, Dennis McGuckin, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Smile Re: kim aint mad--fact

Hi John, your #24 refers.

Thankyou for your well crafted reply, mate, most of which I would agree with. Certainly, the media (printed or otherwise) have always
    exhibited an element of bias, usually political, but occasionally for some other 'noble' cause. In the U.S., Fox News and CNN are just two examples of this. Directly opposed to one another, Fox News is Trump-friendly whereas CNN maintains a rather hostile scrutiny.....no doubt the real truth is to be found somewhere in the middle.

In spite of this, Trump doesn't seem to understand that when he acts like a clown (which is often), the 'media circus' is ready and waiting to pounce. It seems the egotistical Donald, seduced by the imperium of his position, is loathe to court advice from those with far greater savvy in the world of politics and statesmanship which may well be his undoing...we shall see. With the exception of the po-faced press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Saunders (remind me not to play poker with her), the rest of the W.H. Administration must be pulling their hair out to find a way to close Donald's 'Twitter' account. Like him or not, the man is a public relations nightmare.

....Roger

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Roger, it has been said that Trump has achieved nothing since coming to office.

Yet an article the other day showed just how much had been achieved, mainly by Mike Pence.

It appears he is doing all the day to day work while Donald plays with his I phone.
    But being a business man he is used to delegating responsibility to others one would assume.

From what I have seen and heard of Pence I consider he may well be up for nomination at the next presidential consideration.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Likes Des Taff Jenkins, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi John.
    But apparently it is Trump that has the best IQ in the world, according to himself at least, I wish I could get some of what he is on.
    Cheers Des
    PS I wonder where the world would have been now if Clinton had won?
    Last edited by Des Taff Jenkins; 12th October 2017 at 12:44 AM.

12. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Probably Armeggadon . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 12th October 2017 at 04:35 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3