Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 4 cars and mortgage

john sutton Guest

Default Re: 4 cars and mortgage

Quote Originally Posted by Bengy Roberts View Post
    Some horrid posts by certain members,BENGY
    could be called ambition.My son has a big house with a huge mortgage.Him and his wife have 3 cars all expensive including a well known Italian sports car,a yatch and weekend cottage and they work long hours to pay for these things and also pay school fees for 2 kids and down time is to go and play with their toys so they are not seen around the area
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 5th October 2017 at 06:06 PM.

2. Thanks cappy, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Bengy Roberts Guest

got bicycle,myself...very happy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

##well john odds on your.right while benji doesnt see them they will be having la dolce vita ......but then they will have paid into pension funds so they can retire without having to worry about money ....cappy

5. Likes Captain Kong, Bill Cameron, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My son has a One and a Half Million pound house in Hampshire. they have three cars, [ Big Mortgage tho.]
    But he has worked bleddy hard with long hours for them.
    I paid his college and Uni fees, and now it is a pleasure to see that all the work was not wasted. not cost the Tax Payer one penny, and now he just saves lives.
    But I guess Bendy wont like that ,
    Too much Envy in this country.
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just my bit!
    My Wife and I have worked many Years for what we have (She is still working at 70 full time) a House,Car and some Money in the Bank ,we do get a small part Pension as well ,this is allowed under the Government Law !
    At times in my life I have really grafted long and hard hours but that was life,and it all paid off in the end!
    We helped a young Lad quite a few Years back now,he was literally thrown out of his Home,a great pity,so we took him in he went through School (his last Year) then on to University and all this time we kept him with no charge at all.
    He eventually got his Lawyers Degree and found a great position ,he is now Married with Kids of his own and shows just what can be achieved!
    Yes many of us worked hard and long ,but as said pays dividends!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

8. Thanks N/A, Captain Kong, cappy thanked for this post
    Bengy Roberts Guest

dividends are good,,well done Doc

10. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

after the first stroke and heart do I gave everything I had to my kids that was nearly 10 years ago? kidded myself there? but saying that everyone of my boys who got their first house with the family all builders every bit of work needed done it was by all but I was still the boss?? now I get dad I don't want you to do anything but just come up and I will do the graft? after 10 minutes its get out of the way but I do what I can be allowed to then bad for days after at our age we can pass what knowledge to the next generation and they can pass on to the next I showed my 8 year old grandson to splice will he ever use that knowledge don't thing so but he can? and marion my love you are right health is everything in life this day to day stuff is doing my head in? jp until then a laugh a day keeps the quack away jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I started out with nothing, and like so many still have most of it left.

But we worked hard, for some time I was with a catering agency some times doing three shifts a day. We had two pubs and a restaurant for some six years, long hard days.

Here in Oz we have refurbished one house and built three, all paid for by hard work and a concept that if we did do the hard yards it would pay dividends, and it has.

there is nothing wrong with owning a big house, or even two, a big car or three, we have two, as long as you work for it then go for it.

But there are those who would not work in an iron lung and think the world owes them a living. They will also say anyone who does well is greedy.
    Well we did well and by no means are we greedy, I give three days a week as a volunteer at the local community health centre.
    If you want it and are prepared to work for it, as many jobs as you like, then that is OK by me.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

lads I would have enough to last me all my life if I died tonight? but happy you bet your life I am worry is the biggest killer I never use that word?? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Some people are unemployed , some unemployable , I regard " Bums & Stiffs " as the scroungers and spongers who take advantage of the people and the state . I believe they are much rarer than the media would have us believe . look at the programmes churned out about Bailiffs , sheriffs , nightmare neighbours , dole fiddlers , ad infiinitum .they never make programmes about normal people , they are not interesting . Today's kids are shown that all they have to do is become a celebrity , of course there are bums , but there is a lot more hard workers
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast