Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Merger

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Merger

Quote Originally Posted by gray_marian View Post
    Lewis, my parents had no problem whatsoever in 1956, same again for me in 1978 and again now for my son and and oldest daughter. As FOURO's post illuminates, love should conquer all and families that don't embrace are foolish in the extreme, their loss. ............Remember the term ''mixed marriage''
    hello marian
    your reply for lewis is and will be one of the answers reguarding many of the problems for us living in this country,but
    I still believe that without morality which begets religion there cannot be a moral or just or civil society, and today what I have just read about tim faron ex leader of the liberals, he has resigned because his belief in Christ is not acceptable to the Liberals in general,this strengthens my belief that this a party that believes it to be free thinkers and with no constraints is as I have known for some time a clone of the other main stream parties whom are bent on a seccular Britain with Christianity shut behind closed doors akin to the sixteenth century.
    so without the state agreeing to let Christians practice their Christianity and with a population of immigrants mostly mozzies to the total of about half a million arriving here each year,( todays news over 150 000 illegals per year, and official figures of nearly 300 000 legal immigrants ) and those immigrants go onto live in their own ghettos and never assimilate into our society, then all I see is the fractured and broken society with diminishing love and humanity between the immigrants and us,
    I have no answers I'm just pointing out that by our own actions we will end up living in our ghettos whilst mainstream, mozzie uk lives in theirs.
    tom

2. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've just come back from visiting my son in Croatia,his neighbour an old Croat man said to my son,why is your government allowing all these people into your country ( he was mainly referring to m-slems) and he could certainly not understand how is this man your mayor of London.Threats are coming from IS to Croatia "we have not forgotten how you treated our people"Bosnia next door neighbour is a training ground for IS fighters.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Was there 3 times that I can remember. First as an apprentice with no money, used to take the 50 packets of woodbines strapped to my legs. A marinero stopped me on the quay once patted me down but didn't find. As third mate was robbed. As second mate was involved in a collision, must have been there other times but those three stick in mind. We also used To go up the Plate to a place called villa constitution, and another place called San Nicholas or something where you tied up to the cliffs, and then further up the river to Rosario. Wine women and song, sometimes, maybe,perhaps, cheers jws
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 16th June 2017 at 02:54 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith at Tregenna View Post
    You need to join the little private club !

Not my cup of tea.
    No Keith it is not a 'private little club' it is a Merchant Navy site, manned by men of the Merchant Navy and as you have never been to sea then you will not understand the cameradie in that we can insult each other without being insulted, something you fail to understand when issuing your supercilious comments, and if it's not your 'cup of tea' then close the door on your way out.

You may think that you know everything there is to know about the MN and sealife because your family was in the Merchant Navy, but unless you've actually taken a bite from the sandwich then you can be assured your knowledge is miniscule and totally irrelevant. My mother had two serving members in her family at the same time, my father and myself, but she would never have deigned to assume as you do that she was an expert on all things MN or join in seamen's banter when we took shipmates home. So try treating people on here with some respect instead of being insulting and wanting the last word like some old fishwife, you will get more respect, because you have some good attributes but they are forgotten by your constant carping

Ever since you've joined this site you've been intent on sowing discord by your political rantings and treating everyone as a fool if they are not of your political persuasion, and quite frankly we do not need your 'news bulletins' as we are well served in these needs by all forms of external media

6. Thanks Keith Tindell, cappy, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This site mostly revolves around seamens memories. I remember my mother when talking to her friends they all went back to the war years for comparison to any subject under discussion. I used to, and still do, wonder how their whole lives, their subject out of a life span could be the nearly 6 years of warfare. Our time at sea may have brought to the fore experiences that normal folk ashore will never experience whereas others at sea may have been more fortuanate and led a humdrum life at sea which on a lot of trades and ships it was. The thing in common that we all have is ships, be they good bad or indifferent. A seaman was a different creature than a person living ashore and I had to wait until I was 65 to find this out. Those who spent all their lives at sea gave up a lot regardless of what others think, we gave up our kids growing up all their wins and losses as they grew older. Being nigh on strangers to our wives. Not for high film star wages but just to earn a living by the only way we knew. I admire as said before those who had the good fortune to leave and make a going concern of a life ashore for being able to do so, my brief attempts to do so came to naught and always think I should have put more effort into it. Even today I still miss the sea and have to nip myself and face reality that fings aint wot they used ter be. We have all had similar experiences in one form or another, had the same arguments ashore and afloat, the one on politics and religion will always be there to the end of time. Whether in the pub, ashore or afloat or on this public site and any other which is open to free discussion. My own private feelings is iust that I can see the same mistakes being made as in the past and our government leaders and such like cant see the wood for the trees. No use arguing about unless one wants to pick up the cudgels and join the politicians themselves and become a member of the rat race. Cheers JWS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 17th June 2017 at 01:13 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

'72, Hi JWS, for me that was a very good read "straight from the heart", I love the sea but was never married to it I just thoroughly enjoyed my time there, we all chose the path we wanted to follow in life, for some it worked out better than others,
    for many of us the grass will always seem greener on the far side of the hill, at times I think we could have done with an extra
    life to fit it all in . I too remember my mum talking to neighbors over the fence or on the doorstep and you could always see
    people having a natter on the corner, it was much more social in those days you could always hear a Joanna banging away
    in someones front room and sometimes someone singing along with it, the war was over and life was returning to normal,
    before TV came along there was only the BBC radio and a news paper and was vastly different to todays media reporting and
    as you say people talked about the real things in their lives such as their families and their everyday happenings. Today we
    have got so much more than they had and in turn they had so much more than we've got, I suppose it depends on what your
    values are, as to how you see it. cheers John F

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Four days to push until Theresa May starts pulling her hair out.

Twelfth of July Celebrations - Visit Belfast

Fouro.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fouro
    re#77
    As Cameron is no longer an M.P. and is off making his (more) fortune by imparting his worldly knowledge (sic) to anyone prepared to pay premier football players wages to listen to him waffle, cannot see T. May calling on him to support her in anything, but hey what do I know about politics beyond that they are all lying, sef serving gits who say and do anything to obtain and regain being elected to the trough.
    rgds
    JA

11. Likes Jim Brady, Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If the alternative was a labour - liberal - green -SNP - etc coalition or another election , then all I can say is welcome aboard Paddy !
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tony Blair had the gift of the gab, that is what made him popular not his policies.

SAs to the fire, I was informed by my brother in law, who lives close by, that the rent on a regular basis was all the council were interested in. Who lived there was of no concern to them and it has been estimated that on the night of the fire being in the middle of Ramadan there may have been as many as 2,000 in there.

The management and maintainence of the building was outsourced, put at arms length from the council, how convenient?
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

14. Likes N/A liked this post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast