Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Merger

gray_marian Guest

Default Re: Merger

#27, Personally FOURO I don't think any from either side should be allowed to march. If folk want to acknowledge their religion it should be in their Church only. Schools I believe should be non denominational where my own where schooled and my two grandsons have followed. Have only ever witnessed one march in Duke St Glasgow must be 43yrs ago, and although the music was entertaining apparently the words were not pc,.... so I was informed.
    Last edited by gray_marian; 15th June 2017 at 12:21 AM.

2. Thanks thomas michael thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

24, no wonder there will never be peace in Ireland with Irish people with ideas like yours lewis, grow up for christi sake, you can't have long left to do that at your age, kt

4. Thanks thomas michael thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, N/A, thomas michael liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Anyone who uses religion for their own ends Marian, must have a brain the size of a pea. Looking at some of these dead maxims background they must have had a very low intellect which in all probability was put to fine tuning by pep pills to make them braver. Any religion that teaches that the world is flat must have a raving lunatic at the head of. Cheers JWS.

6. Thanks thomas michael thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Dennis McGuckin, thomas michael liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi shipmates, when I was in northern ireland at the trouble times on a esso tanker oil to the power station, i was ashore a few times buying drink for my shipmates, NO bar on ship, I was giving a badge some kind of orange order? jubilee 1971 to 1921 as they now share power with our government, do you think I should wear it in my local conservative club, and make every one buy me beer?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    We really need to start more threads. I am sure when the inquiry comes out concerning the fire in the tower block, it will come as no surprise that the likely cause will have been an electrical over load. This is the month of Ramadan 27th May > 24th of June. I watched the news like I am sure we all did. I did not see to many folk called Jones , Smith or Wheelwright. I did notice a lot of Abdul's, Mohamad's, Abbas etc. My money says they had just got up for prayer time. Also breaking there fast. Imagine 24 floors all hitting the power supply for cooking and making tea ,Inshallah. I am sure all were just innocent people but so where the kids at Manchester and also Westminster Bridge and London bridge. Perhaps God does work in mysteries ways after all !!!!! Sorry I know I am out of order here. Fajr
    04:24 AM
    Sunrise
    05:46 AM
    Dhuhr
    01:51 PM
    Asr
    06:08 PM
    Maghrib
    09:56 PM
    Isha
    11:17 PM
    Qiyam
    02:14 AM
    lewis
    I must interject at this point and say that what you never mentioned was that even though the whole block was ninety nine percent foreign, not one interpreter was called for, very unusual,
    tom
    Last edited by thomas michael; 15th June 2017 at 06:41 PM.

9. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Fouro to a certain extent there was a lot of anti catholic feeling among the working classes during my youth. Not physical but more gossip than anything else. A cousin of mine married a catholic girl and to hear the rellies would think he had married satans daughter. The well known barbs thrown at Catholics was that the women were kept barefoot and pregnant, and that the priest told them how to run their lives. I knew and still do know a number of Catholics and they are as normal as everyone else. The church which was only catholic at one time, does not have a very productive past and a lot of misdeeds were done in its name, the same as today, but this happens in every walk of life, priests are not super beings but only normal people with the usual failings. I used to go to church but today have got out of the habit (not the one you wear). Cheers and may the peace be with you (not the piece I saw you with last night ) Cheers JWS
    hi j sabourn

as a catholic born into a first generation irish family, I found the restrictions reguarding personal pleasures etc too much of a burden, so I lapsed and eventually married a protestant, had two sons whom my wife had baptised as protestants, I am now fed up to the back teeth with all the marching around the house on the twelfth of july and I'm short on personal pleasure, have you any advice for me.
    tom

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FOURO View Post
    Sectarianism between Catholics and Protestants doesn't appear to exist in England, but Orangeism is very much alive in Central Scotland. It claims an official membership of 50,000, many more than any Scottish political party. The figure doesn't include the many "hangers-on" who follow the marches and others who identify with the values of the Order. In evidence to the recent Revue of Marches and Parades in Scotland, the police stated that Orange parades had increased in frequency over the past few years and that some, at least, "caused significant concern, disturbance and intimidation.

FOURO.
    Fouro
    all my catholic mates where all protestants on a sunday afternoon, because the orange club in little strand road in bootle was the only place open all day.after a session in there we would all march out.
    tom

11. Likes N/A, John F Collier, Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Anyone who uses religion for their own ends Marian, must have a brain the size of a pea. Looking at some of these dead maxims background they must have had a very low intellect which in all probability was put to fine tuning by pep pills to make them braver. Any religion that teaches that the world is flat must have a raving lunatic at the head of. Cheers JWS.
    j sabourn
    the trouble is not with ones intellect, the problem is when you are indoctrinated throughout your catholic religious upbringing and every year you watch your family throw bricks at the orange lodge and then battle in the street with both police and marches, your take on things gets twisted.as in my own upbringing.
    but then what about mozzies at least we decided that religion was a creed for learning and enhancement but them bastards blow themselves and innocent bystanders to bits in the name of *****.
    tom

13. Thanks Captain Kong, N/A, j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Lewis McColl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by thomas michael View Post
    lewis
    I must interject at this point and say that what you never mentioned was that even though the whole block was ninety nine percent foreign, not one interpreter was called for, very unusual,
    tom
    True so why is it there is a lot of moaning about the mozzies and immigrants backing up the NHS because of the need for interpreters? I see as usual Cappy is back on the moral high ground. It really surprised me as he usually has something to say about all the bums and stiffs, claiming benefits for this and that. Still not seen to many posts from the usual folk calling for me to be kicked off the forum??

15. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Have a hankie and a couple of wee drams ready before you read this:-

404 Not Found

FOURO.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)