Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Apple & paypal scams about

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Apple & paypal scams about

Yesterday and today I've had scams the PayPal one says that they will be taking £400 odd from my account
    for the phone I purchased, and of course they want me to sign in with my password to open my account and
    verify the purchase "one scam binned" the next one is supposedly from Apple who want my ID password, if
    I don't respond within 24 hours they will close my account and i will be unable to use Apple, "scam two binned".
    Score stands at me two, scammers nil, just to give you the heads up that they are doing the rounds. John F
    Last edited by John F Collier; 26th February 2017 at 06:42 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Apple & paypal scams about

John i had one very similar to your second scam,mine was supposedly from my server, Same message as yours. Cheers.

3. Thanks John F Collier thanked for this post
    Likes John F Collier liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Johnf
    I don't do any finance through the computer as I haven't got any but i still get the scams, though I must say not lately, I do get some trying to access my e-mail password by pretending to be Yahoo, one time I told Yahoo about it and they got me to change my password, told me to change it often, jeez I wouldn't be able to remember the bloody things, funny thing was that was the time when thousands of yahoo e-mail accounts were compromised.
    Cheers Des

5. Thanks John F Collier thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Des, I've only started all the online stuff since I stopped driving,I get my shopping delivered from Sainsburys and find it
    pretty convenient to buy stuff on line and have it delivered and it works out cheaper than running the car as well, I'm used
    to it now but at the start I really missed not jumping in the car and going where I wanted when I wanted, but the eyes said
    no and that was that after 55 years driving so it was a way of life gone but life goes on. Cheers John F

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Charlie, We've always had our share of con artist as you will know but since the migrants have come in the the
    country the ATM's are very dodgy to use as they have all sorts of devices to read your card details and as we've said the
    online scammers as well you've got to have your wits about you at all times now I don't use the cash machines anymore
    and some of them have even got a device that can read a card that is in your wallet in your pocket so now you can get a special cover that protects your card, it's a different country now to the one you knew but I expect Aus has it's share of
    lowlifes as well. All the best John F

8. Thanks Richard Quartermaine thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Pay Pal scams have been around for some time now but the other week I received one genuine one from them explaining how to tell the difference.
    Genuine ones will always address you by your full name, scams have no name on them.

As to online banking, it depends how good your bank is, been paying accounts etc this way for years and all without a hitch.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That's right John S my bank covers me and Pay Pal does exactly that. I would also look for other unusual features in the latter as there is always the possibility of a break through by the scam scum.
    Richard
    Our Ship was our Home
    Our Shipmates our Family

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I went to try and open a bank account last week I walked out after 10 minutes the questions they wanted could only be answered after I had an account and until I had an account catch 22 I will try another this week? barb is waiting to go in dock for new hips so we wanted to home shop and pay bills as I cant always get out we have had loads of sh.t getting barb her pension and she has waited since 4th nov last year and its still has not come through miss information by the dwp to us.. jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

john a lot of the government is in disaray at the moment ....ie i pay my tax each year at the end of jan ...i pay it by debit card so it is in to them at once ...i paid it on the 27th of jan and lo and behold i recieved a letter last fri which was dated the 3rd of jan saying i was fined 100 pounds for late payment ........a shambles really ....i spoke to my accountant and it was rectified at once ...but once all these things were precise ...now they are not up to the standard requiredsome people may have been shocked at this demand andbeen worried when they were correct.......but may i suggest you sort out at least a joint account ....as if anything happened to barb you would not be in a good place ....if she goes to the bank with you it is only a moments job to get your signature then you are in to a joint account ...best wishes cappy
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHN PRUDEN View Post
    I went to try and open a bank account last week I walked out after 10 minutes the questions they wanted could only be answered after I had an account and until I had an account catch 22 I will try another this week? barb is waiting to go in dock for new hips so we wanted to home shop and pay bills as I cant always get out we have had loads of sh.t getting barb her pension and she has waited since 4th nov last year and its still has not come through miss information by the dwp to us.. jp
    - - - Updated - - -

and john can i recommend you get a debit card each ...the no prob shopping etc best wishes cappy

13. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Richard Quartermaine liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Talking of pensions and tax, a lot of pensioners in the uk are unaware of the transfer of tax allowance to your partner. My brother plus several of my mates that I have informed did not know of it. If your wife has only a small income, ie pension and does not use her full tax allowance , which has just been increased, was £10,500 , she can transfer it to her partner. This is a maximum of £242 per year. If you get in now before April, it will come in a cheque, and then on will pay less tax each month, depending on how much the rebate was. It can be done online easily, using the national insurance number. The department of works and pensions kept this pretty quiete, kt

15. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, N/A, Richard Quartermaine liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast