Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Stupid Trump'

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default 'Stupid Trump'

‘Stupid Trump’
    Watching what President Trump is doing I am becoming quite impressed. He makes some pretty ‘stupid’ extreme statements. Foreign statesmen then feel obliged to make concessions in order to ‘change’ his mind. I’d call that pretty smart, not stupid. By far the greatest military threat to the world right now is China. Trump is preparing to take a harder line with China. In order to succeed with that, he needs an ally with a vast population and technical abilities. That nation is India. He has invited the Indian Prime Minister to visit the White House. How stupid do you think this man really is?

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: 'Stupid Trump'

Just a thought/ food for thought ? Something I read earlier. K

A nervous elite feels the republic under threat, and takes steps to secure it. But its members have for some time existed in a cultural and political bubble of their own making, and find that in “going high” they cannot now connect their concerns with those of the populace at large. Into the gap steps an opportunistic showman – a member of the elite himself, but able to pose as an outsider. He senses that the guardians of the republic are on borrowed time, and sees the chance to advance himself and his allies in their place. Although he has no real policies to call his own, his manner convinces the populace that he is one of them. In due course, he prevails. The dogs of war are unleashed, within and beyond the republic.

ADDED FOR CONVERSATION PURPOSES ONLY.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 29th January 2017 at 02:12 AM.

3. Likes Dennis McGuckin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tish... JS

5. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Tish... JS
    I take it that your comment is an anagram.
    I which case I heartily agree.

7. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Your correct Chris, I got the name from my sister who was a senior Nursing Sister, it is the modified and lady like name for Pooh. Every self respectful nurse of the old school knew it and used. Cheers JS

Keith at Tregenna Guest

As said it was just something I had read earlier. K

This is, of course, a rough plot summary of Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar.

10. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes Rodney Mills liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The relationship between the UK and the United States became cool as Obama didn't like the idea of Brexit. Obama was more interested in globalism and the EU. President Trump on the other hand seems to cherish Gt Britain whereas the EU annoys him. He says Brexit is beautiful and he is determined to strike a free trade agreement with Britain very quickly. Trump deals in deals and he wants to deal with us, how bad is that may I ask?

FOURO.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Why is everyone up in arms over Trump's immigration policy?
    Firstly I think he is doing what many of us think we in the U.K. should have done years ago banning persons of a certain religious bent.
    Secondly it is not a permanent ban, for it to be it has to be passed by congress and the senate.
    rgds
    JA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Your correct Chris, I got the name from my sister who was a senior Nursing Sister, it is the modified and lady like name for Pooh. Every self respectful nurse of the old school knew it and used. Cheers JS
    Married to an Irish nurse for over 50 years.
    Had that Tish directed at me on several occasions.
    Although as the years passed, her languages became a little stronger.
    She blamed me for that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FOURO View Post
    The relationship between the UK and the United States became cool as Obama didn't like the idea of Brexit.

FOURO.
    The relationship with the USA was always cool under Obama, some would say frigid, as he blamed Britain (which was never proved) for atrocities against his grandparents in Kenya, (it was later discovered they never suffered any) he conveniently forgot about the Mau Mau chopping up white farmers and burning them alive, also his grandmother (mother) was Irish so like most Irish-Americans blamed Britain for the potatoe famine and any other trevails that befell Ireland. I guess it really pizzed him off to see Winston's bust back in the White House, which he had removed as soon as he entered office, and of course later declared on separate occasions that Japan and Germany were the USA's greatest allies and have since found out that he had many private conversations with Merkel.

Somehow I prefer Trump, yes he will make mistakes, who hasn't, and may have to backtrack on a few projects, but in his mind putting America first is the right thing to do, thank god for patriotism, wish our politicians had it, Mrs May is heading in the right direction, let's hope she stays strong

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast