Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Puddings

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Black Puddings

Its probably because I have just consumed a few pints of peroni and am now into my last glass of a nice South African shiraz that I am writing this but here goes. Being a Lancastrian, black puddings where always there and I must admit ..I like them. I now live in Knaresborough in North Yorkshire. I have a mate who is also a lancastrian and was born in Bury. We where talking in the pub one day about black puddings and how we all enjoyed them. Thats when my mate from Bury, says you havent tasted black puddings till you,ve tried a Chadwicks black pudding from Bury market. Well that did it, the taste buds where flowing. I have just had a couple of weeks off work and last week three of us got into my car and headed across the pennines in search of the best black pudding in the world . We arrived at Bury market and went in search of Chadwicks, only to find their stall to be closed due to holidays. All was not lost there was a sign saying our black puddings are being sold two stalls down . We sampled a boiled one with English mustard , very nice . I bought a dozen to take home. Its probably the best black pudding I`ve had so far.I wonder if theres any better ones out there somewhere, I need your help. I probably wont get any replies to this thread but I would love to hear from anybody who likes black puddings and which ones you think are the best . Heres to black pudding lovers . ps Den do you think you could put them on the menue !
    Here's to tall ships
    Here's to small ships
    Here's to all the ships on the sea
    But the best ships are friendships ..
    Here's to you and me .
    Mick. R832100

2. Thanks N/A, EIFION, wilf stirling thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Louis the Amigo liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Black Puds!

Hi Wilkie,
    Well not that i know too much on these Puds mate,but my Brother In Law who is from German origin always has them on hand,and he puts tem on the BBQ which i must say comes up a treat! Yummy!
    But as said i didnt actually know that there were variations!
    I must ask Karl!
    Cheers and keep the Black Pud going hahah!

By the way this may be a very different Black Pud we are talking about??
    The German ones are Sausages! Is that the same thing?

That SA Shiraz sounds nice LOL!
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 25th July 2009 at 10:49 PM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Vernon I cant say I`ve ever tried the the German variety but the English black pudding is definately not a sausage . No meat in them , just blood and fat, sounds awful but tastes divine . Cheers
    Here's to tall ships
    Here's to small ships
    Here's to all the ships on the sea
    But the best ships are friendships ..
    Here's to you and me .
    Mick. R832100

6. Likes N/A liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default My INSIGNIFICENT Fraction

My INSIGNIFICENT Fraction (Other Half) Her Indoors, live in lover, partner, best friend etc - is a Geordie and is up in Newcastle at present to see her folks. Best part for me is on her return home tommorow, she will bring a supply of the Black stuff and Pease pudding also. I JUST LOVE THE STUFF: Guess I DO NOT KNOW WHICH IS BEST, but she swears by it. Local butcher Howden / Wallsend. Bit like Bow Bells to a Cockney.

Cut a long story short: If you ever go across the sea to Ireland - you get the white pudding to, and an Irish breakfast should have both white and black pud - YUMMY ! Certainly love Klonnakilty PUDDINGS. lOOKING FORWARD TO MY BIG FAT PUDDING TOMMOROW and my favourite food. Don't say anything to the trouble and strife. (Cockney for wife)

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Wilky. I agree with you the best black puddings do in fact come from bury. Theres nowt like a good fry up first thing of a morning ie, egg bacon beans black pud and brown sauce, yum yum.
    madmick.

Tony Robinson Guest

Any butchers in the Barnsley area but for preferance Albert Hirsts, the pork pies are pretty good too,

10. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If somebody could make REAL Black Puddings here in Oz, they'd make a fortune!
    Same goes for pork pies!

12. Likes N/A, Bob McGahey liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Blood and what!

Well as i had posted i knew that they were sort of Sausages,but yes they are of the same things as mentioned (sounds gross) haha! but are nice on the BBQ
    There is a Butcher in Bankstown NSW where my BILaw gets his Black Pudding,and many say that its the real McCoy!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

14. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi All.
    Last time i had good black pud was in west wales on holiday, full english breakfast yummy.
    I bought some over here in NZ, bloody orible, im sure it had Dunlop writen on its side
    Geoff
    KISS.keep it simple stupid

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Black Pudding

Greetings Wilky,
    Yes I to love Black Pudding no matter where it comes from after all they are all made of the same ingredients so where ever I buy it I will enjoy it, the only problem is I am the only one in our household that likes it so we tend not to have it very often but now that you have mentioned it I will make sure that I buy some next time we go to the shops.
    I would also like to mention Knaresborough were you live, a beautiful part of the country I know very well & visit there from time to time, I live not far from there just outside Middlesbrough.
    Recently I have been doing some research into my family name ASPIN & while doing so I came across an Aspin Zone in Knaresborough much to my surprise where all the streets are named Aspin, Aspinoval, Aspin Drive just to name two, I am sure that you will know it, you might even live there.
    There is also a Aspin Primary School.
    I contacted Knareborough Council to find out how that area got its name thinking there might be a connection with my family somwhere along the line however they say it came from Aspin Ponds which is somewhere near by.
    I also found out that the mayor of Knaresborough is an Aspin, all very interesting.
    I look forward to a reply.
    Best wishes,
    John Aspin (R685343) Ormesby-Middlesbrough.

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast