Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 72nd Anniversary of D Day Landings.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: 72nd Anniversary of D Day Landings.

fouro ilistened to the ist part of your reply .......the second bit re davy is pretty poor even under any circumstances......we are all ex seamen .......your comment is very childish ......an apology ....would be the correct thing to do ......but i guess that would not be forthcoming ......you appear to be a very bitter person .......sad but true.......loosen up ..........cappy

2. Thanks Captain Kong, N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

# 10 Louis you should be directing your ire to the young on some other media, on this site you are preaching to the converted and we need no reminders of what we and our parents, aunts, uncles, grandfathers et al went through. What you said cannot be unsaid but you at least could show a little humility at the offense you have caused to many. We on this site will NEVER forget and will ALWAYS remember, so let's draw a line under it.

4. Thanks cappy, Captain Kong, N/A, Doc Vernon, Fouro, Evan Lewis thanked for this post
    Likes Keith Tindell liked this post
    Gulliver Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    fouro ilistened to the ist part of your reply .......the second bit re davy is pretty poor even under any circumstances......we are all ex seamen .......your comment is very childish ......an apology ....would be the correct thing to do ......but i guess that would not be forthcoming ......you appear to be a very bitter person .......sad but true.......loosen up ..........cappy

I''ve got broad shoulders Cappy.

Makes me understand now the reason why some guys mysteriously find themselves going on a night-time visit to Davey Jones Locker at sea. Ker-splash!

6. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re #12.
    After reading thro' your thread Ivan, may I ask why all of you on this site " forgot to remember " that Monday 6th June was the 72nd anniversary of D-Day, one of the most important dates in this country's history. Rather than shoot yourself in the foot, don't you think it would have made more sense if you had written :
    We on this site will ALWAYS forget and will NEVER remember, so lets draw a line under it.

FOURO.

8. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fouro the 6th. June is ingrained into my memory as apart from it being the day of the landings it was also my fathers birthday, so not likely to forget. Cheers JWS

10. Thanks Fouro thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Over 1200 Merchant ships took part. Wonder who remembers whom the most.

12. Likes Evan Lewis liked this post
    Gulliver Guest

Unhappy Re: 72nd Anniversary of D Day Landings.

Quote Originally Posted by FOURO View Post
    Re #12.
    After reading thro' your thread Ivan, may I ask why all of you on this site " forgot to remember " that Monday 6th June was the 72nd anniversary of D-Day, one of the most important dates in this country's history. Rather than shoot yourself in the foot, don't you think it would have made more sense if you had written :
    We on this site will ALWAYS forget and will NEVER remember, so lets draw a line under it.

FOURO.
    ...And I thought you were such a nice well-balanced sort of chap when you first joined us Fouro.

Have they recently changed your tablets,maybe? Are you taking the correct dose? Only concerned for your welfare, as any good shipmate would be...

14. Likes Keith Tindell, Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulliver View Post
    I''ve got broad shoulders Cappy.

Makes me understand now the reason why some guys mysteriously find themselves going on a night-time visit to Davey Jones Locker at sea. Ker-splash!
    ........what is that meant to do fouro worry all hands who didnt agree with your ......shameless statement ........your mouth appears to have a mind of its own ....... ......people who have done that dont gob off.......big talk little man.........take a rest cappy

16. Likes Keith Tindell liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

To some degree I have to agree with furo, in time unless the tounger generation are kept well informed the memory of the day may well be lost. There are many schoo coriculums that no longer teach history so how are the youger generation to learn?

As I noted in my travel posting we attended a service for a ship lost in the South Paciffic struggle. Services such as this are required on a regular basis if the long term memory is to survive.

Here in Oz we have the RSL, returned services league, that will as long as it exists maintain the custom of remembering all events involving not only Australians but all who served with the allies.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

18. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Gulliver Guest

Post Re: 72nd Anniversary of D Day Landings.

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    To some degree I have to agree with fouro, in time unless the younger generation are kept well informed the memory of the day may well be lost. There are many school curriculums that no longer teach history so how are the youger generation toterm memory is to survive.

Here in Oz we have the RSL, returned services league, that will as long as it exists maintain the custom of remembering all events involving not only Australians but all who served with the allies.
    John ,I feel that you might have missed the gist of our rhetoric against Fouro. Read the thread from the beginning.
    That we do not remember our history is not in doubt, because all of us on this site certainly do.
    What is disrespectful was his unwarranted outburst against we members of this site,calling it shameless and us disrespectful just because he didn't receive any Thanks or Likes for his post. Therefore ,in his own mind, we weren't remembering D-Day and therefore we deserve to be insulted by him..
    Like Hell we do !
    Last edited by Gulliver; 9th June 2016 at 07:42 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast