Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: English and Proud.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: English and Proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    Closing down for a few days, going on a world tour, whoops sorry, meant London to see the grandchildren, but I will feel like a visitor in my own country, as I have on previous visits
    ###have a nice break regards cappy

2. Likes N/A, Captain Kong, Evan Lewis liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John Arton View Post
    Keith
    Your #16 is red rag to a bull for a red rose born countryman.
    rgds
    JA (we have long memories)

Oh dear ! Trying to help and be constructive and accomplished restarting the war of the rose ? LOL K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith at Tregenna View Post

Oh dear ! Trying to help and be constructive and accomplished restarting the war of the rose ? LOL K.
    ###yes keith as if you havnt enough to worry about with them ozzies tommorow ....and now your starting a war of the roses again lol cappy

gray_marian Guest

#17, John, I love history like most folk and to refer back to The War of the Roses and all its history fair enough. But does this mean you do not accept the current flags for Yorkshire as a whole, Yorkshire Ridings, East, North and West Ridings I personally feel after 100 years we should move on, never forget but move on none the less.

As to some of the other statements made regarding being just English, of course celebrate your bloodline, but how many of you can claim 100% English blood, very few I should think. As to feeling the the rest of the UK are stomping over the English, nothing could be further from the truth. It's simply that the smaller countries in the UK have become vocal! The House of Commons is still in London, England. I am British and proud, yes with a Scottish accent. I have Scottish, English & Irish blood coursing through my veins[sorry Wales] I cannot be anything else.

#1,For the record Fred, Never in a million years would I put a score through "British" I tick yes and add my wee country of birth
    Last edited by gray_marian; 9th October 2015 at 01:19 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

........ but how many of you can claim 100% English blood, very few I should think. ........ Marian.

Hi Marian,
    my family tree and surname goes back 1,500 years, to Ormskirk in Lancashire. do I qualify??
    Cheers
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    ........ but how many of you can claim 100% English blood, very few I should think. ........ Marian.

Hi Marian,
    my family tree and surname goes back 1,500 years, to Ormskirk in Lancashire. do I qualify??
    Cheers
    Brian.
    jeez brian never thought anyone was that old lol cappy

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    ###yes keith as if you havnt enough to worry about with them ozzies tommorow ....and now your starting a war of the roses again lol cappy
    No worries mate, as said before it is always good to see an own team win, but I also like to see good rugby. The southern hemisphere certainly are a great opposition and it should be a great event win, draw or lose. It is not unknown for us to do well and will wait and see what occurs on the day. A ref will decide and his decision at whistle time will be final and for the record books. No point in arrogance now, build yourselves to high and it is a long way to fall if all goes awry. NO HARM IN KEEPING FINGERS CROSSED THOUGH. Guarantee all will stay in the stadium until the end no matter what. Later, the supporters will have a pint or two together and discuss what happened this week and last. K

gray_marian Guest

#25, Sorry My lovely you don't qualify. Zonks ago I posted that you also had European blood [I've just rinsed out my mouth spit spit] along with your Viking. Please don't ask me to search. I will though if I must. Sit back and savour two large Glenfiddich's and let it go. Repeat after me I am English, I am.....shhhhh there there my hand on furrowed brow....
    Last edited by gray_marian; 9th October 2015 at 03:42 PM.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Marian, no need for anyone to hide behind sofa's ?

10897769_895806143786323_7893779304664668702_n.jpg

11. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Marian, I do not have European blood in me, VIKING YES but not scabby European .I will have a Blood transfusion and get rid of it !

My name is from Ormskirk. Lancashire, 1500 years ago there was a Viking settlement there.
    and in those day people did not have surnames only a first and from where they were from or from what they did.
    Now in Ormskirk [ Kirk is Viking for church] there was a Well, an Aspen tree started to grow from the Well. and so it became known as Aspen in the Well, and people from there were known as that, and then from there over the years it was shortened to Aspenwell,
    in later years it changed to Aspinwall and then to Aspinall, there are several variations from over the Centuries.
    SO I am an English man with Viking ancestors.
    Please do not ever say I have European blood. or I am off to the Blood Bank. to change it.
    ODIN!!!!

Brian.

!.

13. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast