Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: English and Proud.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: English and Proud.

And if you are Dutch, you may speak Dutch, but if an Englander may be told are speaking Double Dutch, which a Dutchman never does. JS. Now a double Scotch ( not Scots) is more in the realms of reality. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 8th October 2015 at 09:18 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think the English have as much right as anyone to be proud of their nationality, and they have a lot to be proud of. I'm proud of being Scottish, but I'm just as proud to be British. The British people did more together than they did apart.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Braid Anderson View Post
    I think the English have as much right as anyone to be proud of their nationality, and they have a lot to be proud of. I'm proud of being Scottish, but I'm just as proud to be British. The British people did more together than they did apart.

The press, media esp newspapers would need to be on side and do not help much in what is sought. Shame, but keep your fingers crossed. K

59725_823079524392319_7412843773790673357_n.jpg

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That says it all , Keith.
    Brian.

5. Thanks Evan Lewis thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Born in the House of Lancastria, now an adopted Geordie but above all a proud English citizen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Island. We may not be the all powerful nation we were a couple of hundred years ago but by golly without that heritage the world would most likely be not what it has today.
    Its about time we took a leaf out of the Welsh and Scottish book and started proclaiming our heritage loudly.
    rgds
    JA

Keith at Tregenna Guest

8. Likes Captain Kong, N/A, Evan Lewis liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Keith
    Your #16 is red rag to a bull for a red rose born countryman.
    rgds
    JA (we have long memories)

10. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

what about BRITISH and proud we have stood as an island for thousands of years many have tried to invade many have lost because we stood together that's put the great into Britain we are not at war with wales Scotland or northern island we are at war with poverty elderly who have fought and cant afford to eat or heat while the fat cats get fatter and richer of the backs of them that is the state we are in we should start in our own country before trying to make other lands problems sorted out? £20 billon every year for the Europe club and after years the penny is finally dropping that even members of parliament from all sides are joining together to get us out lets take a break from putting our noses into other peoples troubles and sort our own out.. jp

12. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

john would agree with most of what you say our country ....but cannot agree on the elderly not being looked after ...my recently deceased motherb in law worked in munitions in chorlton come jardy during the war ....she also worked till retirement as a domestic in shields hospital......when she retired she stated she had never been so well off ...and had spare money always givinggrand kids a tenner or 20 quid sh lived in a one bedroomed bungalow which was always so warm in winter you couldnt breath .....inthe latter days before pat and i brought her down to yorks she had carers and they were good carers......whoalso got her shopping we drove up at least once a week and very often twice to see she was ok ...and pat spoke to her mum daily on the phone.....she drank a bottle of wine a day...she was well off ......always presents for her grandkids ....when she was finally failing quite rapidly she was taken into the british legion poppy home where the only way to describe it would be palatial.....the home was in ripon .....you can google it and see it ....everything was paid for by the state ....they did not take the few savings she had and there was money left from her pension for hair does and makeups etc.....this because her husband had been a soldier .......as for the rich men taking all ......that is life .....on a ship we had a captain to a galley boy that is the way the world will always be structured .....there will always be the haves ....the have nots....and the great new breed of seekers at the top end and bottom end who will take all possible with little regard for anything or anyone else....that is the way mankind has survived it will never change .....as for the EU .....iam not a fool but wold admit i do not know enough to pontificate in or out ......but in my heart of hearts based only on my own knowledge i feel we would be worse off without them......regards cappy

14. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, j.sabourn, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Closing down for a few days, going on a world tour, whoops sorry, meant London to see the grandchildren, but I will feel like a visitor in my own country, as I have on previous visits

16. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast