Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Car insurance.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Car insurance.

Victoria, it was claimed many years ago that the worst place for car theft was in the Alice!!!

There I was just having paid the insurance on my Land Rover, the princely sum of $920 fully comprehensive with the bank insurance company..
    When in the mail unsolicited an offer from Budget Direct to do me a very special deal at only $1400!!!!!
    Wow, too good to refuse, sorry that should be refuse as that is where it went.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i was once sent a letter by the insurance telling me i had 60 pounds free AA cover and they put my insurance up by 60 pound i was already in the bloody AA but made no difference one fella told me it had gone up becouse of the snow in liverpool it had never snowed in 3 years here and he was ringing from south africa car crime in our area went down by 17 per cent my insurance never they are the biggest con men ever but they have you by the short and curlies every year now i have a mobility car its all done for me? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Victoria, we had a lady with one of those, sadly she is no more.
    A big wagon with a flag on the back, you could see her coming from far away, just as well she was as speed demon.

The limit for them was at that time 8 klm maximum speed, now increased to 10klm.

If you saw her you made sure you went away from the way she was coming, cornered like a racing driver.

But she got sprung, a local police man saw here one day and observed.
    He put the radar gun on her and booked her for doing 15klm.

Made little difference though, she still drove it like a mad women for a long time after that.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Albert Evans View Post
    Brian and all car owners, a word of caution when you renew your insurance. I would imagine most people now pay by either debit/credit card. This gives the comapny your card reference number. Always ask or demand that you are not put on their automatic renewal service for the following year,as this way they realy bump up the premium for the following year. The onus is on YOU to cancel the debit/credit card and not the company, in some case if you dont cancel the automatic renewal clause on your card up to SIX MONTHS before the expiary date YOU ARE LIABLE to their fees, you are then stuck with it so please beware of the automatic renewal clause.If in doubt check with your bank the terms and conditions of your payment. I change my company every year, its cheaper that way, my present one is Privaledge Ins. self and wife as drivers, less that 7000 miles per anum this includes legal fees and roadside recovery. Total cost £186.00p.

Hope this helps.

John Albert Evan.
    "Privaledge Ins"? I've heard it even insures the cars. However, I would like that the company I use services of total-insurance.co.uk, which could insure everything(rofl), because I started cooperation with these guys when I purchased taxi insurance. Really, I wish it because this company insures my health and health of my passengers. By the way, the cost of that taxi insurance is really the lowest at the market, so I guess, if it would insure the boats, it would be really great.

5. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5