Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Car insurance.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Car insurance.

Never had problems here with insurance touch wood. Had to claim on an outside patio roof which think kids had damaged retrieving a football. Also had an attempted burglary at 0830 in the morning whilst we were at the local shops, put a brick through a window to gain entry which set off the alarm so they never got a foot inside the house. On coming home an hour later was met by my neighbour who wouldn't let me go into the house before he went in armed with a baseball bat, I was hoping he would get one. However the house was empty of any intruders. The insurance were straight there to put a new window in, and where the brick had landed had put a minute hole in the carpet so claimed on that as well and got a new one. You do hear horror stories about Insurance Companies, but have found no fault with personally. Some of the cases if went into properly and not being amplified by the media, would find a lot were due to insurance fraud. Cheers JS

2. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

After much searching I have finally insured the car. Thanks for all the suggestions.
    Hastings was the cheapest I could get at £524,
    L.V. Had increased my insurance by £150 over two years to £667. so I cancelled the renewal.
    I tried RIAS, they would not insure me at all,. no way. I phoned them they said it was because of my Post Code. so the moo, slims, have had a great effect on my insurance. They were operating the scam of crashing into each other and claiming whiplash, which is £3000 each, for all their families , who were never in the car in the first place.
    Some times you just cannot win.
    Cheers
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi shipmates, I was told by a expert ,any insurance, no matter which company unless it is fully comp is useless, today I do not drive on health grounds??? after a few single malts the car don 't drive right or is it me? back to my point my insurance company a large super market company called T---- did not pay me out the right money when my car was stolen and used as a B.B.Q. I was grilled for hours on the phone and police station, my insurance was only third party {rubbish} told it not worth the paper it was printing on I was paying £450 a year for 5 years . My music collection and sound system in the car, was worth more than the book value of the car? was told that? because it was a few years old After over a year talking on the phone to the crooks they payed the storage fees the police towed it away, without my permission !!! to the they lock up and charge storage fees from day one !!! my no claims was lost{full} so be very carefull with them insurance sharks they have many ways to not pay you out.I am still Not happy with the police/insurance company or the High st supermarket Te--- I sent they board a letter not very nice one in seaman fashion.

5. Thanks Captain Kong, N/A, Graham Payne thanked for this post
    Likes Graham Payne, judith george liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Our car insurance £319.89 with M&S, 4000 miles per annum mileage, top of the range RAC cover inclusive, fully comp, no claims protection. Car is a Toyota Corrolla 05 reg.
    Our ages wife 65 me 68.
    worth a try ?
    Last edited by Graham Payne; 10th June 2015 at 12:29 PM.
    Graham R774640

7. Likes Captain Kong, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#24 Graham, give Hastings a try when renewal due, agewise we've both got 10 years on you and your good lady. Get 15000 miles a year, allowance, my premium £320 per annum on a 2 year old B Class Merc 180, and a Road tax of just £30 per annum and getting 60 mpg, and I'm still a 'rapid progress' motorist doing twixt 8-10,000 miles per annum, with a + 9 years NCB, in fact never made a claim since 1994, and that was someone else running into me. Changed from LV who wanted in excess of £500

9. Thanks Captain Kong, Graham Payne thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You are all doing better than me,
    RIAS told me my post code made it impossible too insure.
    The Politicians keep telling us that Immigrants Enrich our Society. The do if you are in the Insurance business.
    some of the Insurance companies wanted more than £4,000.
    As I am totally surrounded by the moo, slim, I have No Chance. as they are working all kinds of scams on "accidents" and claims for an entire family for whiplash and at £3,000 a whiplash , business for them is good.
    I carry two cameras in my car in case it happens to me.
    Brian

11. Thanks Ivan Cloherty, Graham Payne, judith george thanked for this post
    Likes Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Had a nice letter today from O.H.M.S. thought at first it was my call up papers, then thought no I am in a deferred Industry. However inside were pretty pictures taken on June 3rd of a white car proceeding along a road at 10.30 am. It was my faithful steed taking me to the car yard where I was going to discard her like a faithless piece of rubbish. She had been very faithful in the past 8 years or so, so maybe she was being malicious. The letter said I owed the police dept. 100 dollars for exceeding the speed limit by 7 Kph. cash asap. Wonder if they would accept the excuse it was not me it was my once faithful steed. Don't suppose so, so will have to fork out the 100 dollars like a good old pensioner to the upholders of our Law and Order. Pity one couldn't insure against highway robbery. So now that I have another faithful mistress with 4 wheels am going to treat this one with more respect. Wonder if there is a speed limit on these Gophers my next model. Cheers JS

13. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Had a nice letter today from O.H.M.S. thought at first it was my call up papers, then thought no I am in a deferred Industry. However inside were pretty pictures taken on June 3rd of a white car proceeding along a road at 10.30 am. It was my faithful steed taking me to the car yard where I was going to discard her like a faithless piece of rubbish. She had been very faithful in the past 8 years or so, so maybe she was being malicious. The letter said I owed the police dept. 100 dollars for exceeding the speed limit by 7 Kph. cash asap. Wonder if they would accept the excuse it was not me it was my once faithful steed. Don't suppose so, so will have to fork out the 100 dollars like a good old pensioner to the upholders of our Law and Order. Pity one couldn't insure against highway robbery. So now that I have another faithful mistress with 4 wheels am going to treat this one with more respect. Wonder if there is a speed limit on these Gophers my next model. Cheers JS
    ##recently came up north from gatwick ...got to the dart crossing stopped at a toll booth ......road works all round .....as i opened the window the bar swung up and i went through .....no charge ......wrong got a letter a week later with three offers ......settled for the lowest they said i hadnt paid......rang them up spoke to a very nice chap from bombay now living in the uk .........coldnt understand him .......sent money to dart headquarters ......just wasnt worth arguing about......got reciept .......3 times the original charge .....a rip off......cappy

15. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes j.sabourn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi JS
    I got one of them last year doing 36 in a 30 limit one of those crafty white vans with a camera parked up on a grass verge had 3 options (1) pay £75 fine plus 3 points (2) go to court bigger fine,costs plus 3 points (3) go on a speed aware course 4 hours £80 no points I took option 3. Best speeding excuse I heard was when stopping a female pensioner was as why she was speeding she replied she had to get to her destination quick before she forgot where she was going

Judith

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have been coming from Perth many a night on the Freeway doing the obligatory 100 K. and other cars passing doing at least 150. They never catch the real speedsters. Have even been overtaken by a car travelling on the inside breakdown lane. The camera I was supposedly doing 7 ks over was at a light area, sometimes you have to exceed the limit to get past something. Always drove on the cruise control so must have been in a conjested area with fixed cameras. Cheers JS

18. Thanks judith george thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong, N/A liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast