Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: public services

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default public services

i read today there are one million persons in the public sector on strike .......does anyone know how many public service workers there are in the country ........in my hometown soth shields they are on strike ....this is one of the highest people unemployed in the country ......is this a sign of m uch will have more ....or every man for himself .....the country is coming out of the biggest recession since the thirties and these people are asking for more when there pensions and salaries are bigger than any average private sector wage......is it the thing that the biggest man in the messroomgets the biggest dinner.......i have watched a union man giving his litany of poor me on the telly and wonder when the rank and file will demand that the union bosses get no more than the average wage for there members and the same pensions just my view ...i await any comments about the no off public workers and the percentage on strike with interest ......regards to all......ps to keep this on a nautical theme can anybody tell me what happened to the seamans union millions and the fancy offices they had .in london and allthe seaports in the country ...regards cappy

2. Thanks N/A, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: public services

Cappy they had a pay freeze from 2010 and then this year I think it was it was decided to give a rise of just 1% big deal.Having said that with the cost of living rising year on year they are going backwards (very fast) in their earnings.It would be nice if the governments would freeze the increases in gas,electric and water then people who did suffer a wage freeze would'nt have been so worse off. Dont forget pensioners and people on benefits had rises but the workers NO.
    Regards.
    jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

john sutton Guest

nobody in the unions seems to want to quote figures on how much the employers contribution is on their members pensions.It could be as much as 20% of their current income. you are paying this out of your wages or pension.
    The teacher interviewed said they were striking for the good of the childrens future.crxp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

jim i can only say but why should the people whose wages we pay get better bpensions and a bigger percentage of income than the rest of us by going on strike.......there are many people not in the public sector without jobs ....so why should much have more when many have nothing......and why should a union mouth have more than thepeople who pay his wage......granted there are some who dont have a need for a union......but on average they are the ones paying there people who then pay the public services when we went to sea even some of us had no homes but still paid our taxes to the public services.......love cappy

6. Thanks N/A, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When the Union calls a strike, the workers do not get paid,
    Does the Union man not get paid?. after all, solidarity with the members.

I got fed up of Unions after seeing the Bent and Corrupt Union Delegates in the National Union of Seamen.
    I still want to know what happened to the Pension Fund in the NUS,?
    What happened to all the Assets of the NUS. Must run into millions, property in London with appartments, still used, I heard that Prescott`s son, John, a Property Developer, stays there when on business in London. Houses for bosses, Property world wide, Tom Yates owned a big Night Club near Dover. Where did he get the money for that???, The son of Tom Yates lived in a Union property in Vaucluse area, [ for millionaires] in Sydney and he had never been a Seaman, we owned property in most of the big ports around the world. what happened to it.????
    Prescott has the answers but is reluctant to let us know the answers.
    All the Union Bosses have got and had Big pensions paid for by us. Where is ours,????
    That is just a few of the reasons I do not like Unions. They Rob the workers more than the employers ever did.
    Cheers
    Brian.
    . Dont forget pensioners and people on benefits had rises but the workers NO.
    Regards.
    jim.B.

.Hi Jim
    I never got an increase in Pension. They gave me a Rise of two pounds a week this year, and then charged me £5 Extra in Income Tax, so I am £3 a week worse off now than I was last financial year.
    How can I go on Strike??
    Cheers
    Brian.
    A Union man said School Teachers work 60 Hours a week. a 12 hour day. ??????
    A teacher was on TV saying she had THREE JOBS to make ends meet.???
    Is she doing two other people out of a job by doing that ???
    If she works 12 hours a day teaching? then how many hours sleep does she get after working the other two jobs.?? WHO is kidding who?
    I was married to a school teacher for 21 years, she worked a six hour day. with 13 weeks holiday a year. so I do know what they do. and the Salary is good.
    Brian.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 10th July 2014 at 06:35 PM.

8. Thanks N/A, cappy, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You people on here make me laugh (not realy) you are down on people on benefits and now you are down on people who go to work and expect a decent living wage.God forbid any of you have to go into hostpital and have to have your a**e wiped by a nurse that has'nt had a wage rise for four years whilst management give themselves a 15% pay rise.Tonight I have had my nephew from Cardiff staying with me he is a male nurse 1% pay rise in 4 years whilst the cost of living is going through the roof.My grand daughters boyfriend was here he works for the Border Agency he was on strike so besides losing a day's pay he is not allowed to work the weekend as overtime which amounts to a lot of money.OK you will say "He will lose a lot of money so they must be on a good screw" but that is how strong they feel about the situation.Brian I did'nt bother reading your diatribe.!!!
    Regards.
    jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

10. Thanks Kenneth Kenny thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

nurses are leaving by the hundred every week not had a pay rise in three years yet an mp can give himself a £20.000 a year pay rise on top of over £100.000 with expenses can you blame people for saying enough is enough?jp

12. Thanks Kenneth Kenny thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

jim i can only speak as ifind ....the teachers in our village leave at 8 am and are back by 5 why should they have more money increase than anyone else.....they work 9 months or less a year ........the ship ie the country was sinking......we all have to bail out why should the people in the public service.......expect to save themselves before anybody else.........the unions want a bigger slice of the cake for there people than the people who bake the cake ie me you and anyone else........and to be fair i will listen to anyones point of view.but whenthe pot only has a pound in it we cant give 1oo people 2pence each .....im sure your experiencein the trade you were in will have shownyou that.....the 2 teachers in my village have 2 half hour breaks at playtime and an hour at lunch they start at nine leave at four less two hours so actual work 5hours .......all of a sudden they have teaching assistants .....with no qualifications.......not quite sure what they do but ok gives a job to ayoung person ....who stated on the telly she only got 750 qhid a month......what should she have .......or should the teachers be doing the job themselves.......the wages of teacher and assistant paid out of our taxes.....now all kids are to have free dinners .....even top earners kids .....cant people feed there kids anymore ........hard times now .......thats a joke only as i see it as much will have more best wishes cappy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN PRUDEN View Post
    nurses are leaving by the hundred every week not had a pay rise in three years yet an mp can give himself a £20.000 a year pay rise on top of over £100.000 with expenses can you blame people for saying enough is enough?jp
    agree with you john on the mps.....but who voted them in......us the tax payers .....the ukip manwants even more for mps .....who voted for him ....i remember many on the site saying ukip is the thing ...that blokes spouting and he is not in government ....best wishes cappy

14. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Jim Brady, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We'll said jim Brady the hours teachers work don't finish when they leave the school gates they check homework mark books take after school sport. They have had enough. If we had had the bottle years ago at sea are wages and conditions would have been a lot better. Ie like the Canadian seamen did years ago Till the USA gangster thugs got involved. The members are the union bk

16. Likes Jim Brady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cappy when the workers see the Fat Cats awarding themselves bonus's of more than any working person could hope to earn in their lives and we are told we are all in this together we all have to tighten our belts through this austerity but it is only the worker that has to do so can you see why they are not happy.Anyway this is the last I'm going to say on this matter as I have my views which are far different than our Capitalist and Conservative views of the majority on site.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

18. Thanks cappy, rigger thanked for this post
    Likes John Pruden liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast