Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolton lead the way!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Bolton lead the way!

Hi Shipmates,

Whilst usually inclined to avoid topics of a political nature, I thought the following may be of interest to the members.
    I do not know how old this information is and apologise if it is old hat, but have just received the following notice from a 'rel' in England........

'Bolton Council have voted to encourage schools to fly the Union Flag and sing the National Anthem at
    Assemblies'

If this information is correct then I can only imagine how pleased Kong will be and I don't think he'll be alone. It is not before time that someone had the intestinal fortitude to advocate such practice and stir the conscience of Britons everywhere. Viewed from a distance, it seems that, for too long, middle Britain has been made to feel disenfranchised. Like a forgotten people, many feel betrayed and abandoned by ineffectual political representation, M.P.'s who demonstrate greater concern for their own advancement than that of the community to whom they once promised so much. For decades the British people have been poorly served by Governments (of varied political persuasion) more concerned with the welfare of other nations than that of their own people. Misguidedly, for whatever reason, little has been done to discourage the overwhelming influx of immigration and, seemingly, consideration for the welfare of immigrants has been allowed precedence over that afforded to indigenous Britons. Blithely,these governments have sought to keep up with the international 'Jones's' by donating billions to other nations, some of whom have previously shown hostility towards Britain. It beggars belief that they, the Government, should choose to exhibit such largesse whilst the living standards of their own countrymen are in decline and whilst the infrastructure within the country is in need of refurbishment. Surely, the time has come for greater national self-regard. This endorsement by folk in Bolton to encourage British pride may not be such a bad idea at all.

From little acorns big trees grow - well done, Bolton Council.

...............Roger
    Last edited by Roger Dyer; 21st April 2014 at 02:22 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bolton lead the way!

They tell me Brian is now striding around in his Union Jack waistcoat. John S

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Being the sceptical person that i am when it comes to issues of this nature my first question is what is in it for the Boltonstan council??

There are very few, and even less political persons who are prepared to do soemthing for the good of the community, the motto of such persons is of course, 'what is in it for me'? There are of course the 'do gooders' who do more harm than good
    , and afew genuine persons who do care about the well being of their fellow man, but that lot are never politicians of any sort.
    Here endeth the rant of the day.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When I knew that this was coming on the local news on TV I sent Brian a pm to inform him of same.The person who is putting this forward is an MP who in fact is a British born Indian who's father came to these shores many years ago.It showed the kids in class waving a Union flag and singing God Save The Queen.When the reporter asked the people of Bolton what they thought about the idea some were for it and some not realy interested and one or two that did'nt want it.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

6. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi shipmates,Methinks Captain Kong Alias lord ----- of Bolton has something to do with this? Will they sing it in Urdu, or will he bring out the new Curry tax to pay for translators?.....

8. Likes cappy, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Clearly, judging by the responses to this thread, thus far, I would have been much wiser to remain shtum! I was hopeful of more constructive comment perhaps a reaction to an uncommon proposition, however, few can really know how others might think or respond. 'Tis a blessing, I suppose, that we are not all the same. Sorry, gentlemen, for wasting your time and mine.

...........Roger

10. Likes happy daze john in oz, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Is it worth putting this link up???
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ish-pride.html
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

12. Thanks cappy, Charlie Hannah thanked for this post
    Likes Richard Quartermaine liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Roger, I don't think you were wasting anyone's time including your own. It is Easter Monday (still) here and a lot of members will be out and about with their families and grandchildren and would only be able to attend the computer under threat of death. My grandchildren departed yesterday so am free of those obligations, so give it time. I do think the worm is finally turning because I see more and more Union flags being flown from private residences and more and more people wearing Union flag lapel badges. However as I have mentioned on the 'Jellyfish' forum poor old Cameron is getting castigated by self appointed leading academics for declaring that Britain should be proud to be a Christian country and proud of its flag and heritage, the so called academics declaring that this will upset agnostics and other religions, what these academics have failed to grasp is that their published criticism will only make the average Joe Christian in the street take umbrage at their supercilious remarks and increase the resolve of the true British to more displays of patriotism, both verbally and physically. Have faith mate.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Roger DYER View Post
    Clearly, judging by the responses to this thread, thus far, I would have been much wiser to remain shtum! I was hopeful of more constructive comment perhaps a reaction to an uncommon proposition, however, few can really know how others might think or respond. 'Tis a blessing, I suppose, that we are not all the same. Sorry, gentlemen, for wasting your time and mine.

...........Roger
    now now roger no throwing teddy out the pram.......cappy loves you

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re. National Flag. The USA has its share of immigrants possibly more than the UK. Yet there you see reverence to their National Flag shown by I would say nearly everyone who resides in that country. The Flag is exhibited in nearly every public office. What is wrong with the UK, where there is this reluctance to fly the flag for the supposed reason of hurting others feelings. It might do well for the country to fly from every building to remind these immigrants they are residing in a country that has taken them in, under most peoples suffererances. Those idiots who are against shown their own countries flag should be living themselves elsewhere, probably in Europe under the European flag which has a very short history and nothing going for it as far as I am concerned. John s

16. Thanks Roger Dyer thanked for this post
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast