Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Elocution Lessons

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Elocution Lessons

I was in the Pound shop a few days ago heard a voice be hind me which said, You fuc*ing useless piece of ****,looked round it was a woman telling her husband or partner what she thought of him.
    Again she called him a useless Cu**.
    I beat a hasty retreat.

2. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Elocution Lessons

Eric
    The use of foul language is so common in the U.K. today that it makes the whole country seem like a bunch of morons to any outsider.
    I detest the way our Language is being debased by not only the youth of today, whose every second word seems to be a swear word, but also by many middle aged people who should know better.
    Can you remember the outrage when Bernard Levin first used the "F" word on T.V.
    Nowadays the language used in the lyrics of many of todays songs would make our parents turn in the grave.
    At sea our language was often coarse but when in mixed company I bet none here ever used swear words in front of the fairer sex, yet today it is often the so-called "fairer" sex who are the most users of vile language, peppering any sentence with the "F2 and "C" words.
    I shudder to think what the next generations of youngster will speak like.
    rgds
    JA an old fart)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

never ever used bad language in front of children or females and will always no m,atter who tell them to cease in that company ....but do use in mens company ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was sat outside my daughters' on the edge of a large estate , the kids swear , the parents swear and the grannies and Granddads swear . We have some places in society today that needs Dettol , and we could get rid of 99% of all known Germs
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Some time ago, my wife and I were enjoying a drink in a pub in Liverpool. The only other occupants of the bar were a group of middle aged men sitting fairly close and were conversing in what seemed to me a constant stream of profanities- every other word was either the 'F' or 'C' word. I felt that because there was a lady present they might moderate their language , but they continued. As observed in earlier posts, it seems that appears to be the 'Lingua Franca' for people of that level, basically. they know no better. When i confronted the group they were quite surprised at my attitude, but they cut out the language and of course their conversation came to a halt. The atmosphere in the bar could be cut with a knife so we accepted defeat and left. I'm not a brave person and if it had been a group of young people i doubt if i would have challenged them. Discretion IS the better part of valour.
    R635733

7. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was in a pub a gang of about 8 35-40 mark swearing their heads off to the annoyance of couples sitting around.I picked mine and my wifes drink up to move to another room,my wife said dont move they might say something,I just walked right passed them with my wife in tow.I believe the manager later walked over to their table and ordered them out,cowards met their match and all walked out like sheep,I believe the manager was a black belt merchant.

Another thing when we went around the land we would meet a girl in a pub now and again who liked to use bad language I dont ever recall it being a cue for us seamen to swear back in the conversation.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Regretably language and its useage have not changed for the better, women using words even we hardened seamen hesitated to use. When I was on trawlers at 13 years old I could remember these men saying to each other 'Watch your language the lad's present' their respect for women and children extended to us young seafarers. Probably frightened that my mother would have come down and beaten the crap out of them and if I'd gone home after a trip and said 'Mam can you pass the f-------------g salt please'

10. Thanks Keith Tindell thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This reminds me when I used to go home on the bus when working by in KG5 docks on the Port Boats
    The route went past the Tate & Lyle works and all the girls got on at knocking off time, plenty of crimson
    language that even made the dock workers blush with embarrassment.

R525985.

12. Thanks Keith Tindell thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quite often the language from Factory Girls is worse than men . We used to have a Tobacco Factory close to us. The language from those Girls would have made a Navvy blush.Not all of the Girls I hasten to add.

14. Likes Jim Brady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The girls in the Bag Warehouse opposite Doctor Ross`s in Liverpool must have been the worst.
    You had to go down there in disguise, a big hat , sun glasses, overcoat collar turned up and an open newspaper over your face and they still recognised you and gave you some obsenities,
    Brian.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast