Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Thread: Invasion

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Invasion

i just look at north korea every body loves the leader there and cheers and shouts with glee lol cappy

2. Likes Louis the Amigo liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    i just look at north korea every body loves the leader there and cheers and shouts with glee lol cappy
    I believe they have guns pointing at them and if they dont laugh they get shot,what would you do.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

4. Likes cappy, Louis the Amigo liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hahahahahahahahahahahajhaha.......and ha

6. Likes Jim Brady, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They dont have any problems with illegal immigrants. JS

8. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, Louis the Amigo liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi shipmates, we had Shria law in Cardiff for a few years for domestic disputes only not for anything else, must be cheaper to run for the council, will asked my local mullah for more details. Not sure if he is one of the judges? he is trying to convert Me !!!but I like pork and drinking rum and dont like loud bangs.... no virgins in Cardiff...

10. Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

For my Amigo:

In the wet and miserable summer of 2007, the clouds disappeared for one special day to let the glorious sunshine through on Wales. This paved the way for one of the most unique events in the history of Cardiff, the first Cardiff Multicultural Mela. This community and social cohesion event is open to everyone, all ages and all colours. The mela is now in its eighth year and previous events have attracted upto 30,000+ visitors in a day. The next mela event will take place on Sunday 14th September 2014 and is set to be bigger and better! The Mela showcases a wide diversity of cultures, music, dance, arts, fashion and food to name a few. Although the Mela's roots are Asian cultures, this is a festival for all and aims to educate, share and celebrate all cultures.

Butetown – "All mixed up, and proud of it!" (Glen Jordan)

Cardiff Docks came about as a site of commerce around the early to mid 19th Century with the arrival of the coal and shipping industries. The earliest residents of the Docklands area were middle-class merchants. This changed as the middle-classes moved out and those employed in the shipping industry moved in. Soon the Cardiff Docks area, or Butetown as it is now known, became home to many different ethnic groups – coming from the 19th Century British Empire countries and involved in providing labour for the ships spreading the businesses of Cardiff Docks to the world.

Today there are still strong traces of the many different ethnic groups which made up Butetown and the area is still a rich source of the history of these people – from the early Irish Labourers who shaped the Docks to the Somali and Yemeni groups who now form the backbone of the community.

K.

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Cardiff Multicultural Mela 2013:

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpITrzD-eO4

12. Likes Louis the Amigo liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Shipmates Hi Keith my barry buddy. I was brought up down the docks, I still talk to Sammy john he is 90 yrs who was in the Royal navy {wartime}he knew everyone was on the B.B.C. a few years back his life story/ when we meet I will tell you much more, The rainbow nation was made there many years ago... Laurie R.I.P. my mate was born in Newtown and I know someone who was born in Temprance town, all areas that had Irish people from the potatoe famine long gone into the history books

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Louis the Amigo View Post
    Hi Shipmates Hi Keith my barry buddy. When we meet I will tell you much more.
    Look forward to it mate, soon - hopefully.

K.

During the mid 1840's The Marquis of Bute made arrangements to bring a large number of Irish families to Cardiff in order to provide the necessary labour to complete the Bute Dock. He settled some of them into purpose built housing in an area close to the docks and the Newtown Community was born. This self perpetuating community continued to live within these six streets until the mid 1960's, when a compulsory purchase order was put on the land. The community was dispersed and the people rehoused in various parts of the City. Their homes, Church, Shops and Pubs were demolished in 1970. And the areas in which the people of Newtown lived and worked are now part of Atlantic Wharf - on the fringe of Cardiff Bay.

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Louis my Amigo, Just in from work and catching up with news and home news etc. Latest is: Hit TV show heads to seaside in search for Barrians with The X Factor.

TALENTED singers who want to follow in the footsteps of The X Factor stars Leona Lewis and Olly Murs will get the chance to shine at Barry Island next week (Saturday, April 5).

The X Factor Mobile Auditions are set to rock the Island at the former tourist information centre, Paget Road, from 10am to 3pm.

Anyone aged 16 years and over is invited to just turn up.

For details, visit www.itv.com/xfactor

With luck our Shirley may give them a run for their money.

Shirley Bassey - The Girl From Tiger Bay (2009)

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQONpLkFX5o&feature=kp

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21