Thread: the bucket list

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default the bucket list

was having coffee this morning with a friend, another ex vindi boy. I was telling him of my plans for the upcoming trip to the uk in Feb.
    for some time now i have been thinking of life in general, mortality, after all that has happened healthwise over the last few years,AAA,hip replacements,arthritis,gall bladder and other things.i know that this should be looked at and how one would feel if you did'nt do something you would later regret. I still have close family in the uk, a sister, who is the oldest, i'm the youngest. we have lost two, brother and sister, (older than me, younger than her), nieces and nephews.. the last time we saw each other was three years ago. her indoors and i have discussed this and she wants me to go, she has to work, so i found a cheap flight, Ottawa to Heathrow, to Manchester. then on to beautiful Southport. The list is starting to form in my mind, pork pies, (fresh) good fish and chips with mushy peas. good local beers. a good curry dinner.
    I was also thinking of the other thread going at the moment, liverpool meet up. got to thinking about the pen and wig, maybe have to take a trip into Liverpool one day and see what it's all about, upstairs that is. how far is it from the station? (lime st?). Maybe could meet some of the boys if they are available. Just a thought.
    I will be in Southport from 5th feb to the 15th. thinking sometime around 12or 13.

the bucket list is growing

regards, stan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: the bucket list

Stan keep us in touch when you arrive I'm sure a few of us will have a pint or two with you.Pen & Wig easy from Southport,train from S'port L'pool Central Wirral Line train from L'pool Central one stop to James Street right on the P&W.Ask Lou Barron he will give you good directions he had it well sorted out,is'nt that right Lou.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Let us know for definite, Will try:

Enough definite notice, would be nice to arrange a pizz up in a brewery ?

Southport Brewery Ltd brews traditional, handcrafted quality beers.We are a small, family run, independent microbrewery, brewing real ale in the seaside town of Southport on the North West coast of England. Established in 2004, our cask conditioned real ales are for drinking either on or off premises (pubs, bars, restaurants, home, bar-b-q, music festivals etc).

Our award winning ales (CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ales) and SIBA (Society of Independent Brewers Association) include regulars like Golden Sands,Sandgrounder, Carousel, Natterjack, Cyclone, Dark Night and several seasonal brews.

Southport Brewery Ltd quality, traditional ales are available in casks, ‘pins’ (half cask), bottles and ‘bag in a box’ presentations. We also do a ‘pull your own’ service allowing you to enjoy real ale at home pulled through a hand pump (subject to delivery).

LINK: http://www.southportbrewery.co.uk/

Dark Night: Looks good ?

K.
    Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 16th January 2014 at 11:52 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sure Stan if you get to Liverpool you would be well looked after If John Gill suggests a trip to the P&W make sure he leads you into the top bar because down below is to much for us old guys
    ?????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by stan carter View Post
    ..........................the bucket list is growing

Stan you are doing the right thing in going. I went back last year, first time in 18 years and it bhad changed, but the fact is none of us is getting any younger and the bucket list continues to grow. kness, ailmenst and the like may slow us down but we must do as much as we possibly can until we can do no more. Go for it mate and have a ball.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

just a few more sleeps until i fly out tuesday night, if the weather co-operates. supposedly there is another big storm headed our way and forecast to hit wednesday, hope i miss it. anyway, just a heads up for jim brady, i will be in touch with a pm or email when i get to southport. still looking at the 12th feb weds, to come into liverpool.
    regards, stan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Stan, you will enjoy your trip to Liverpool and the local lads will look after you, also in the shops, hotels, pubs etc etc we never met an unfriendly face or an unhelpful person, and those Liverpool lassies are a treat for the eyes, just as well really because that's the only treat many of us would be able to manage these days. As my Wendy says, when seamen get together watch for waves crashing over the bar! so take your s'wester!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I hope to meet up with Stan next friday afternoon at the Pen & Wig.
    Regards.
    Jim.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am sure Wendy would be right in what she says there is more than waves washing over the bar love to you Wendy