Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Only draws

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Only draws

Just listening to the talk back radio with the UK correspondent speaking.

Rugby, the last bastion of the purist sportsman has been hijacked by the Politicaly Correct brigade.

Junior Rugby, between 5 and 11 years of age must be changed, to ensure no child is disadvantaged there must be no winners or loosers and all games declared draws.

What sort of grounding is this for the younger generation?

Life is a continuous time of winning and loosing, that is how life is. These poor lads will be very disillusioned when they enter life as adults if this is how it is to be.

Where do these people come from, not from the real world I can only assume.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Only draws

I think that really bad behaviour has crept into most sport, the last ashes series is a pointed example No,( Not sour grapes), the whole point is to win the game, but do we need to act in a spiteful thuggish way. I stopped any interest i had in football and the hooligans that play it, and now feel the same about cricket. At least my game of crib down the pub Sunday lunch time is played in good spirit. KT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

all young men and boys are not fitted up to play rugby ........the ones not suitable are soon fed up with getting flattened .....I think the new idea of no winners will give the ones who are capable of playing and enjoying ....agreat time to show the unfortunate ones what a hard and physical game this is .......my grandson Charles has played for ripon ...Yorkshire.....north of England ....and England under 16 s.....he has had concussion .a broken leg.....broken ribs ...and at the minute a ligament injury ......his sole aim in life is to be a professional.....but for some one to say he cant win is to put it plainly bloody stupid .......do we tell our soldiers the same or a boxer the same or any sportsman the same the bloody nancies who come up with these ideas must be incabable of winning anything except with there mouths......put them on the pitch and let us watch them tell the rugby boys they are not allowed to win......regards cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi shipmates, One of my sons played rugby for Cardiff boys, and the youth his boys side team were undefeated in Wales, Ireland. and england and europe for 3 seasons. The team squad was taught by weish rugby players. and top sportsman and trainers some who worked for the welsh team, young boys played 3 times a week for other teams they were treated like proper rugby players,full time did not have much time to do school work or homework, A few of them had accidents playing so did not play again?The cardiff team was only about winning glory not about the boys...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I always think that the people that think up these ludicrous ideas are failures in real life.
    I manage a local youth football team for a number of years.
    One game the lads won 29-0, some parents on my side thought that I had committed a war crime by letting the lads win by such a margin. Some parents even removed their sons because of the result.
    But one thing that will always stick with me was the way both teams reacted to the result, no bragging from my time, no hurt from the other, both sets of boys walking off side by side at full time having a laugh.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    I always think that the people that think up these ludicrous ideas are failures in real life.
    I manage a local youth football team for a number of years.
    One game the lads won 29-0, some parents on my side thought that I had committed a war crime by letting the lads win by such a margin. Some parents even removed their sons because of the result.
    But one thing that will always stick with me was the way both teams reacted to the result, no bragging from my time, no hurt from the other, both sets of boys walking off side by side at full time having a laugh.
    Vic
    .....that's what sports about vic good for you and your boys

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

why don't they put the ashes in a bucket with liquid, stir it up then let the two teams drink it, then they won't be constantly moaning about losing. as you may gather, I hate sport and it should have its own t v channel. these called sportsmen and women are doing something they love and are earning big money while most workers often have to do a job they don't really like.
    Backsheesh runs the World
    people talking about you is none of your business
    R397928

gray_marian Guest

#7 Alf, The sportsmen/women I truly admire are those who compete with a disability.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Kieth.
    I was on the Trevose in 1951 and watched the Ashes in Melbourne for five days while I was night watchman, the barracking was brilliant and witty, the game was played in a sportsman like way.
    The last ashes test should have been with a rugby ball, I was that disgusted with the Australian teams behavior to win at all cost, that it has put me off watching cricket for life. I'm going back to single sport
    Cheers Des

Bronze at Sydney Olympicss062 (Small).jpg

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gray_marian View Post
    #7 Alf, The sportsmen/women I truly admire are those who compete with a disability.
    You mean like the Ashes side????

But the Womens team has retained the female form of them.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast