Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel Poverty.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Fuel Poverty.

I have just had my gas and electric bills in,total for the two £620.00.The projection given to me by British Gas for the coming 12 months is £1.700..They say that a household who has to spend more than 10% of their income on fuel is "in fuel poverty" the last figure for this was 9 million households.Does that mean that the projection given to me I would have to have an income of £17,000 p.a..The government already realise that by 2015 there is going to be a great shortage of gas,this will have tobe imported from country's that are not that friendly towards us and we could be (or will be ) held to ransom,they wil charge what they like.So it is all ready common knowledge that the price of gas and electricity are about to soar,the amount of people in fuel poverty will soar with it.Every pensioner on the basic pension and people who are working are in fuel poverty some people have to decide to "eat or heat".Power stations are closing down i dont know of any being built the government have two years to do something about it,what are they doing nothing as far as I can see but just warning us that the price of gas is due to go through the roof.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

jim we have got to think of the share holders? people don't matter anymore.jp

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Fuel poverty

hi john, one the reasons why i escaped, could not afford the heating bills, with chronic arthritus i needed to be warm, plus twice the boiler needed repairing at over £350 a time, could not afford a new one, and its more expensive now, just getting ridiculous the power bills, the pension gets worth less month by month, when the pension rise comes its never in line with true inflation, only fiddled goverment calculations, the aa has told the goverment that motorists are being used as a obscene source of goverment income, and its now beyond a joke. Soon diesel will be 1 50 a liter. Tony w.
    Tony Wilding

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Try Switch

Try Age UK and get a switch quote

Age UK Energy | Gas and electricity from Age UK and EON

Sue deals with all this sh#te for me but why o why cant we just get a Kwh rate or a single therm cost? its a disgrace and it confirms the contempt that we are held in by government.

As I type this I must go as there is a program just starting on Pick TV on Lady Boys and it would seem some things dont change - remember what the Second said "Dont try it son you might like it"

Best regards all

Steve

R770014 South Derbyshire

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have just had my gas and electric bills in,total for the two £620.00.The projection given to me by British Gas for the coming 12 months is £1.700..They say that a household who has to spend more than 10% of their income on fuel is "in fuel poverty" taken from first post by jim

Your new bill works out at just over £32 a week with current pension rates that's over 30% of a pensioners income yep the ones that need it the most even if pensioners got a 50% discount it still puts them at 15% so over the rate for poverty

As for the gas there was a report about this a few years ago we don't have the storage facility's here so all the extra gas in summer gets sold we then buy it back at a higher rate in the winter when its needed how many of the top brass own shares in the summer storage firm

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You guys over there are no doubt doing it tough, hard to believe not so many years ago when North sea gas was first discovered we were told it would be as cheap as one penny a bucket load. But prices all over the globe are rising, I nowe have solar panels on my roof which greatly educe my electricity costs. But the main problem you have is the longer winters needing far more heating and lighting. As seniors here we get concessions on the price of gas and electric which des help, added to that we are still allowed wood burners, we have one, that do help to keep costs down.Not sure how you can get over this one.
    Just doing some sums, my gas account is 10.9% of my annual household budget and electric is about 8.4%. Together they are about 3% of annual income.
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 26th February 2013 at 12:21 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Tony Morcom Guest

Makes the good old fashioned night store heaters look quite attractive, even if not so flexible in operation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Fuel Poverty

I feel sorry for you people over there as you get older you feel the cold weather than most so you have to keep warm .We in NZ are not to bad off but our Electricity bills do go up some poeple do use gas but not on a big scale ,wood fires are very popular .
    As for myself we are all electric thats water heating ,lights and all the household appiances for heating i did have a wood burner for many years but a few years ago i bought a pellet fire and i do really like its easy to operate and not tha bad for costs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Repeating from another thread ; in the Netherlands , 74% of a fuel bill is made up of energy tax and V.A.T.

What is it in the UK ?.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Fuel Poverty.

John are you talking about diesel and petrol and not domestic heating and cooking.
    Just found this on my gas bill'
    52% wholesale gas price.
    22% delivery to your home.
    11% government taxes (including Green Levies & Social Support)
    9% operating costs,
    6% OUR PROFIT.

Your bill is also subject to 20% VAT.

Regards.
    Jim.B.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast