Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel Poverty.

Tony Morcom Guest

Jim I think you'll find we pay 5% VAT not 20%. The following is from Britishgas.co.uk

Gas bill 2011 *

Click on the category to see
    a 3 year trend

Wholesale cost

Delivery to your home

Operating costs

Government obligations and taxes

Our profit

Electricity bill 2011*

Click on the category to see
    a 3 year trend

Wholesale cost

Delivery to your home

Operating costs

Government obligations and taxes

Our profit

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Fuel Poverty.

Thanks for that Tony you are correct VAT is 5%.Just looked at my electric bill different charges altogether.
    41% Wholesale electricity cost.
    24% Delivery to your home.
    20% Government taxes (Including Green Levies & Social Support )
    11% Operating Costs.
    4% OUR PROFIT.

I would like to know where this 20% Green Levies & Social Support money goes to.

Regards.
    Jim.B.

Tony Morcom Guest

I suspect that we probably all know the answer to that one Jim

Tony Morcom Guest

According to 2011 census there were 23,400,000 households in UK. With each spending £1300 a year on G&E average that is a s*** load of tax inc £1,521,000,000 in VAT alone

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default how many more will die?

Hi Shipmates, What is happening is called market forces'? or the old its a private company and if they dont put up the prices they will not invest in new plant jobs E.T.C This Scam has fooled us all for years, and the toothless government, allow this to happen. To our old and sick people , But the profits are big and the rich oversea shareholders are doing very well.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

24% Delivery to your home.

Hello do you do deliveries oh good can i have 2 bags of electricity dropped of on Saturday morning please

If they can think of something to add to the bill they will do please don't make jokes of other ways they can bump up the prices they might think its a good idea

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Fuel Poverty.

I have the same gas pipe and electricity cable supplying my home from when I moved in over 30 years ago and water and sewerage also.These privatised companys have not had to pay out to maintain them and who owns them anyway? seems that many different companies can use them.I often wonder, a gas main comes down my avenue many different companies use the same pipe where is it sorted out what company has used what?
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We here on the IOW have been on water metres for 20 years, initially there was a lot of opposition to it. However, it is in our hands to keep the water bills down, showers, water butts for the garden, switch the tap of etc, so now the opinions have changed, the more you use the more you pay, just the same as gas or electric, just my thought KT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

off the internet..............................
    .Understandably, as consumers we are very much focused on getting the cheapest gas and electricity bills that we can. There are very few of us that actually give any thought to the ‘bigger picture’ of who we are actually paying to supply our energy. This is a particular issue in these difficult economic times – anything that can lower our household bills is welcome.

With this in mind, we felt that it would be useful to compile a list of the current ‘big six’ energy suppliers in the UK, with details on who really controls these companies.

E.ON – Based in Dusseldorf, Germany, completed take over of Powergen in 2002.
    ■EDF (Électricité de France) – Paris based, produced 22% of EU Electricity in 2003, 74.5% of which was from Nuclear Power.
    ■NPower – It’s parent company is German giant RWE
    ■Scottish Power – Controlled by Iberdola, a huge Spanish Utilities company
    ■British Gas – Centrica ltd took over the British Gas name in the UK
    ■Scottish and Southern Energy – Based in Perth, Scotland since its inception in 1998
    So, there we are – as you can see there are some rather intersting results in there. If you get your power from E.ON, EDF, NPower or Scottish Power, you are essentially further swelling the coffers of some of the biggest utilities companies in Europe. British Gas parent company Centrica is at least UK based, but has significant interests in Europe and North America – how can we be sure that our money is being re-invested in improving their UK energy supply?.

Scottish and Southern Energy, established in 1998 with the merger of Scottish Hydro and Southern Electric is the second largest supplier of natural gas and electricity in the UK. It’s headquarters
    are in Perth, Scotland.

Of course, all of these companies are in the energy business to make money from us, no matter where they are based. However, surely we should be more concsious of who we are paying for our energy in the future.

Who controls the big six energy
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 26th February 2013 at 02:21 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

the more you use the more you pay, just the same as gas or electric, just my thought KT

Is true but in the winter you have no choice its run up the bill to keep the place above freezing or drop dead and defrost in a few months every year we read about pensioners hospitalized or dead because the pension wont cover the bills if they use enough to keep warm not always death through freezing sometimes they do stay warm and cant afford food its a bad choice either way

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast