Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: PAST FANTASIES

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Rob.........re your # 10

I think you raise a valid point, mate, and, very likely, you are 100% right. Surely no sub-editor(or editor, come to that) would sanction such rubbish unless, of course, they were as ignorant or ill-informed as Mr. Reynolds from Herne Bay. Considering the integrity of modern journalism, nothing would surprise me. If Mr.Reynolds is the genuine article ( i.e. a complete f--kwit), he would do well to refrain from making comment on something about which he obviously knows fcuk-all. To broadcast his ignorance to the world by posting such drivel to a national daily paper suggests to me that Mr.Reynolds is mentally deficient or merely a figment of the Daily Mail's imagination.

.......................Roger.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Past Fantasies.

As has already been said "It's The Daily Mail ".Anyone who buys the Daily Mail and believes anything in it apart from the date,well enough said.I skit my mate for buying it but he says he only buys it for the crossword!!
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As has already been said "It's The Daily Mail ".Anyone who buys the Daily Mail and believes anything in it apart from the date,well enough said.I skit my mate for buying it but he says he only buys it for the crossword!! posted by jim brady

You would not find drivel like this in the sport but then nobody bought that for the stories or even the crosswords come to think of it the sport section was not to good either and all them poor ladies have to find other ways to get attention

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Still have not seen the article:

Can only guess that it was not good via the comments: would love to know more if possible. K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And if they continue to publish such drivel as this they may get more 'crosswords' than they bargain for.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Still looking for a link:

Cannot help, aid or comment without seeing.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Brady View Post
    As has already been said "It's The Daily Mail
    I am getting worried about you Jim , no one on Merseyside buys the Sun , you don't buy the Mail , does that mean that you read the Daily Express or the Daily Telegraph ?
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    And if they continue to publish such drivel as this they may get more 'crosswords' than they bargain for.
    I have responded to Mr Reynolds letter on 5th, but as yet no publication on contrary views from anyone yesterday and today. I have sent the Letters Editor a stinging email for not publishing any responses to date, so will see if any response to that.

Another matter, Sorry Jim, I read the Daily Mail, does that mean we cannot meet when I come to Liverpool

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Where is the link

Ask them to contact me and I will send him a copy of my book, "They Shall Grow Not Old...." detailing over 500 boys age 16 and under who died in service of the Merchant Navy during WWII
    Last edited by DeepSea; 7th February 2013 at 06:31 PM.
    "Across the seas where the great waves grow, there are no fields for the poppies to grow, but its a place where Seamen sleep, died for their country, for you and for peace" (Billy McGee 2011)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Past Fantasies.

My comments on the Mail.As it has been said dont they check to see if there is any truth in the story.They tell a story and say "a spokesperson said".For instance they tell stories something of this nature.A school in such a place has stopped the children singing Christmas Carols on the grounds that it could upset children of ethnic minority,a spokesperson for the school said.Surely if you are going to run a story like that you get the spokespersons name.The story gets followed up by the media only tobe found that it is a load of rubbish.I wonder how many stories in todays Mail where a "spokes person said"
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast